Asylum content idea

The proposal is as follows.

Time and time again on Asylum, you find players looking for feedback on different gaming (Computer) products. Over the last few weeks, I have been thinking it would be awesome to have a dedicated area on the forums to list this Q&A about different products. Furthermore, it could be valuable to create this subsection. However, this subsection would be different than the other areas based upon the ability for it to be sponsored by X company. With this sponsorship, the company could list their weekly, monthly or daily specials on the forums. They would have the potential to reach over 11K members through their post. They could elect to provide special coupon codes for Asylum players to save a percentage off their purchases. Though the profit margin would lower to start. It would provide live, real-time feedback for company representatives on their products at little cost to them. The monetary gain through this offered Asylum service would help cover the monthly running cost of the community. Over time, this has the potential to grow. 

Although the chances of reaching a top 500 company are rather slim. Any amount of extra income would help further the communities mission. This is rather rough draft to get the ideas to the paper. Let’s brainstorm how we can further create this initiative.

Edit  

@Olio

@Paratus

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch
8 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

I think Paratus will stay "ad free" but thats just my guts telling me.

The idea is excellent, but it's upto Paratus and his personal preference/ his vision for Asylum Entertainment in general.

I feel that the important part to remember here is that it's being proposed to remain in a dedicated section of the website. I suppect that the community would not support full blown ads. But that they could support it in a dedicated section. If I could save 10% off a purchase from a retailer  for my computer parts that isn't as big name as amazon, Newegg. That if I were to have good things to say about my experience and the products I recieved or less than positive experience. I could let fellow members know and have a direct line of communication with both the representative and members. Smaller sites wants your traffic and feedback so that they can grow. 

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch
Just now, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

I feel that the important part to remember here is that it's being proposed to remain in a dedicated section of the website. I suppect that the community would not support full blown ads. But that they could support it in a dedicated section. If I could save 10% off a purchase from a retailer  for my computer parts that isn't as big name as amazon, Newegg. That if I were to have good things to say about my experience and the products I revlcieved or less than positive experience. I could let fellow members know and have a direct line of communication with both the representative and members. Smaller sites wants your traffic and feedback so that they can grow. 

It's not even about what the community wants or not, it's a strategy that has effects and will be chosen due to pro's and con's and not the opinion from a group of people on the forum. Paratus probably wants to attract as much people to Asylum as possible, the choice to stay Modless is one of those choices he made to become "easy" to access. With the goal of having more members. Something like banners can be seen as a bad thing that scares people off the forum ect or has a impact on the reputation of Asylum Entertainment. 

Long story shorty, eventhough it's a great idea it's really upto one man and his philosophy for his work (these servers). But i'm sure he appreciates the suggestion either way.

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

It's not even about what the community wants or not, it's a strategy that has effects and will be chosen due to pro's and con's and not the opinion from a group of people on the forum. Paratus probably wants to attract as much people to Asylum as possible, the choice to stay Modless is one of those choices he made to become "easy" to access. With the goal of having more members. Something like banners can be seen as a bad thing that scares people off the forum ect or has a impact on the reputation of Asylum Entertainment. 

Long story shorty, eventhough it's a great idea it's really upto one man and his philosophy for his work (these servers). But i'm sure he appreciates the suggestion either way.

I think we're getting off point with the statement of ease of access. This would be on the website in a member only section. This would have no impact on ease of access. And you're correct in saying it's up to John. A person who has the ability to spend money over the Web also has the ability to realize that it's a advertiser's risk and liability for the reputation of their company. I don't think that an advertiser would tarnish Asylum entertainments reputation. Players might find this to be a service for them. 

John could even create it to be a donor access point. There are many potential ideas. The great part is that it has nothing to do with in game and thus they wouldn't need to deal with BI lawyer. 

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch
1 hour ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

I think we're getting off point with the statement of ease of access. This would be on the website in a member only section. This would have no impact on ease of access. And you're correct in saying it's up to John. A person who has the ability to spend money over the Web also has the ability to realize that it's a advertiser's risk and liability for the reputation of their company. I don't think that an advertiser would tarnish Asylum entertainments reputation. Players might find this to be a service for them. 

John could even create it to be a donor access point. There are many potential ideas. The great part is that it has nothing to do with in game and thus they wouldn't need to deal with BI lawyer. 

My statement of ease of access was trying to display his way of approaching things but maybe it only works like that in my own mind. Either way like i said before, i love your idea man. Hope he gets to read this :)