New pc help?

FudgeR

Last pc was really bad and old and its been broken for a while. Im trying to get a new pc but i dont have too much money, i have around 700$ So i was also looking on craigslist. Im tryna get a pc with a good cpu that will handle a full server when i fight with good 50+ fps at least. Decent gpu to play other games, and 16gb ram.

also im really not good with working inside computers so if its pre built it would help a lot, if not i can bring it to a pc place near my house that will charge about 60$ or whatever if i remember correctly.

can anyone help?

Just now, Grizz said:

My previous build was decent, I got roughly 50-60 fps on servers.

i5-4430

msi gaming 5 z97

1060 gtx 6gb

16gb ddr3

750w bronze

h60 liquid cooler

NZXT Phantom Full case

120 ssd

3tb hdd

If I remember correctly it only was roughly 750-800?

your processor worked well on a full server even with a lot of ifrit smokes , explosions, etc?

Just now, Fudger said:

Last pc was really bad and old and its been broken for a while. Im trying to get a new pc but i dont have too much money, i have around 700$ So i was also looking on craigslist. Im tryna get a pc with a good cpu that will handle a full server when i fight with good 50+ fps at least. Decent gpu to play other games, and 16gb ram.

also im really not good with working inside computers so if its pre built it would help a lot, if not i can bring it to a pc place near my house that will charge about 60$ or whatever if i remember correctly.

can anyone help?

arma is cpu intensive so that 700 isnt a really good number to get a pc thats made yet alone prebuilt.

just save some more of ya allowance money and in 2yrs you can afford a decent pc. and building a pc isnt that hard either, unless your  brain dead.

Just now, Fudger said:

your processor worked well on a full server even with a lot of ifrit smokes , explosions, etc?

It did dip pretty hard sometimes, but majority of the time i was stable 50-60.

If possible, I would recommend a slightly better processor, but I've only ever had 2 builds . 

The one I listed & the one i currently have , which is all basically the same minus my i5-7600k 4.6GHz / Asus z270 Mobo / 16gb ddr4

FudgeR likes this
Just now, Squirtle said:

arma is cpu intensive so that 700 isnt a really good number to get a pc thats made yet alone prebuilt.

just save some more of ya allowance money and in 2yrs you can afford a decent pc. and building a pc isnt that hard either, unless your  brain dead.

not tryna spend too much on a pc, but i could spend more on it, i just said a rough estimate of what i wanted to spend.

i could do it myself i guess, what do you think could be the closest for that price range?

Just now, Twinkie said:

If you want to build your own, you can always go with a Ryzen build, but they can become hot by what I've heard. Although the Ryzen 5's are a 6 core prosessor and the 7s are 8 core which could be better than the i5 and i7s. 

intel is wayyyyyyyyy better for arma though isn't it

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221344

Thats probably something you wanna look for. Its a little more then youre asking but you can piece one together on a website and have them build it. If you want help lemme know been doing a ton of research. Plus you could probably use pieces from old pc and upgrade out of date ones. 

youre also a bot tbh

FudgeR likes this
Just now, Dillonboi08 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221344

Thats probably something you wanna look for. Its a little more then youre asking but you can piece one together on a website and have them build it. If you want help lemme know been doing a ton of research. Plus you could probably use pieces from old pc and upgrade out of date ones. 

youre also a bot tbh

miss u dillonbot<3 love how you still have primitive in current gang

Just now, Fudger said:

doesnt really matter, as long as i get about 50+ fps mid fights and on a full server, i7 would be good but also a good i5 will work, i know theres a bunch of i5's that would do the job like the 6600k that i think @Jwillyhas

You can get the newer 7600K for less btw, just like 10 bucks, but .3Ghz base more

Just now, Twinkie said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H9Q87h That's what I could come up with if you wanted to build your own. I'm sure that you could make something like that work, if you have a micro center close to you or bundle some stuff, I'm sure you could get something like that in your price range. You also don't have to go with and ATX size Mobo.

thanks a lot! i will keep that in my mind.

btw, is the 1060 worth it?

Just now, Fudger said:

not tryna spend too much on a pc, but i could spend more on it, i just said a rough estimate of what i wanted to spend.

i could do it myself i guess, what do you think could be the closest for that price range?

If you plan on playing pc for a few more years your better off investing in one now rather then spending $700 and then deciding to upgrade further

FudgeR likes this
Just now, ChicoXL said:

If you plan on playing pc for a few more years your better off investing in one now rather then spending $700 and then deciding to upgrade further

Im personaly planning on going with a 7700K with a TUF mk1 Mobo and not getting an AIO or fancy shit so I can buy it over time when I feel the need for stuff.

(Not going with the STRIX Z-270 because that shit spiked $130 in 7 days, fuck that shit xd)

Just now, PeytonCx said:

get a 7700k, I have it and it's amazing 

how many fps do you usually get mid fights on a full server?

Just now, Twinkie said:

Not in his Price range ree ree. But an extra 130ish bucks dose go a long ways. (There is always Ryzen though which has been stepping up it's single coreclock speeds)

again, if it's really worth it i can buy it