Need an upgrade bad fps

|Cam|

Currently get around 17 frames on a server with 70-80 people and 8-13 frames full.

Specs:

CPU: amd Athlon 5350 2.05ghz

MOTHERBOARD: AM1 socket

GPU: GTX 740sc

MEMORY: 4gb ballistix ram

Please help

new computer is coming this summer hopefully. 

Edited by |Cam|
2 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

I would recommend playing at a lower resolution and a lower sampling percentage so you can actually get decent fps until you upgrade. Thats what I did until I got a graphics card. I used to play at 640x480 @ 67% sampling on a 1280x1024 monitor.

I will be sure to try this tomorrow

Just now, |Cam| said:

I will be sure to try this tomorrow

The graphics quality will decrease a lot as you go into lower resolutions and sampling, but it should be playable. I had around 500 hours in arma before I got a graphics card.

Also, make sure your view distance is not too high. I have mine set to 1000, which is plenty for me personally.

1 minute ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

get a intel cpu since No amd cpu will run this game more then 30 fps while intel will actually give you good frames. From my experience i upgraded to 2 different AMD cpu's and i got no from difference and the moment i went to a intel skylake i got a huge difference!!!

That is a lie. I get over 40 Fps on arma and I have AMD . So idk what you are on. 

Yes I am playing on max settings. This is the cpu I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

I understand everyone keeps saying Arma is a CPU heavy game which is not all entirely true. If you have a decent graphics card it will take the load off of your CPU and can (most likely will) cause arma to run smoothly. And I only have a GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit video card. Just think of the fps I would gain if I upgraded.

15 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Yes I am playing on max settings. This is the cpu I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

I understand everyone keeps saying Arma is a CPU heavy game which is not all entirely true. If you have a decent graphics card it will take the load off of your CPU and can (most likely will) cause arma to run smoothly. And I only have a GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit video card. Just think of the fps I would gain if I upgraded.

You wouldn't gain jack shit if you upgraded. This isn't a conventional game where "better x = better frames" The increase from your 750 ti to a 970 would be like 4-5 FPS if anything solely based on settings. There are very minuscule things you can do to the game's settings to try and take more load off the CPU and put it onto the GPU but end of the day if your CPU can't fucking do 1+1 @ light speed you'll never see the good digits

1 hour ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

You wouldn't gain jack shit if you upgraded. This isn't a conventional game where "better x = better frames" The increase from your 750 ti to a 970 would be like 4-5 FPS if anything solely based on settings. There are very minuscule things you can do to the game's settings to try and take more load off the CPU and put it onto the GPU but end of the day if your CPU can't fucking do 1+1 @ light speed you'll never see the good digits

Yeah okay man whatever you say you are soo right...

Just now, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

i don't understand here you are saying i don't but

here you are saying i am?!?!111

Do you know what sarcasm is? I put the definition below for you if you are unaware of what it means.

Simple Definition of sarcasm

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

Just now, JonSnow said:

Do you know what sarcasm is? I put the definition below for you if you are unaware of what it means.

Simple Definition of sarcasm

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

But you didn't end it with /s?

Jokes aside though go through google before you quote me again too sick to troll you any more