Revised fix the god damn tilda

Alright obviously I did not give a reason behind my past post, I thought everyone really knew about it. 

The tilda has recently been hit or miss for me for a while, sometimes I get a name of someone, other times it takes about 1-2 minutes of furiously trying to get it to work. It especially sucks with gang wars, when you see a person, and can't even see the red name let alone a name at all. 

Now before one of you says your crosshair is lined up, it is even like this with vehicles, where obviously, in theory, it should be easier to get one due to the large body.

Edited by Tr3nton
Big Bird and Vito Lorenzo like this

You have to remember, this isnt something that is done normally without a mod, hence, a mission file version of something that is normally modded is usually very complex. TBH and easy solution which would fix the problem you stated would be to make players with at war always have a red name tag for the opposing gang. 

That being said, it would have to be ONLY for the opposing gang, which could prove even more difficult. 

This might explain your complaints with the current Tilda system

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cursorTarget

From what I found in this document it seems that if your character doesn't have knowledge of the unit you try to tilda, or it is far away you will not be as likely to see their tilda. On the flip side, if your character has knowledge of the tilda unit you may see them through objects and terrain. Thus pressing "t" to target a unit should reveal them as you try to get their tilda. 

For what its worth, this guy is right.  The 'new' tilde sucks ass and is way more unreliable than the old one.  Does that mean we aren't seeing people through mountains and whatnot?  Maybe, if it actually fixed the tilde function.  But it doesn't.  Anyone clever enough or that stays connected through restart gets the old tilde anyway.

#BringBackOldTilde

explicit likes this

Tilde is broke. I have a lot of footage of me singing "give me a nameeee, give me a NAMEEEEEE" to the tune of Frozen's "Let it Go". So plz fix it. I will release this footage to the public if my demands are not met by the 14th of March.

Trust me you don't want this to be released.

Side note, when it does happen to work, you will often get a return with my personal favorite name, "Unknown"

Treeontyn likes this