Make the prison better

7 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

Add some details to prison fortify it more or make actual cells or some shit like that just make it look like a real prison..... 

why would you make it more detailed possibly affecting server fps and for nothing, remember that only prisoners are in the prison, no cops no medics no civs. 

2 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

why would you make it more detailed possibly affecting server fps and for nothing, remember that only prisoners are in the prison, no cops no medics no civs. 

It gets boring looking at the same shit for 2 years that's all i'm saying and you cant really move around anymore because you just get teleported back. 

Edited by Gremlin
9 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

It gets boring looking at the same shit for 2 years that's all i'm saying and you cant really move around anymore because you just get teleported back. 

Blame the idiots who were shanking cops/rebels at prison breaks.

10 minutes ago, Martin =^.^= said:

go afk, watch a movie or something or do something whit your life for 45 minutes

Woah, how much is the monthly subscription for this "life' game?

Also, I'd like a detailed review about the progression, what kind of skills you can use/have and possibly what the end-game is. Pretty please!

Kind regards,
DJScias

Martin =^.^= and LoganPlays like this
3 minutes ago, DJScias said:

Woah, how much is the monthly subscription for this "life' game?

Also, I'd like a detailed review about the progression, what kind of skills you can use/have and possibly what the end-game is. Pretty please!

Kind regards,
DJScias

Well the progression is pretty crappy honestly, the tutorial is 18 years. Your spawn location is random too, so you might get unlucky and spawn in the "Syria" region, where a bunch of gangs are always fighting it out. 

The end-game content is really just getting yourself on this list, or this one. 

Edited by ProjectGemini
6 minutes ago, Nonfiction said:

I don't understand the thought process behind inhibiting movement near prison.  You're entering a prison area and baffled that you were shanked.

So you think it is perfectly ok to glitch thru a wall to shank cops/rebels outside of the prison?  Exploiting is never Ok bro

10 minutes ago, Nonfiction said:

I don't understand the thought process behind inhibiting movement near prison.  You're entering a prison area and baffled that you were shanked.

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

So you think it is perfectly ok to glitch thru a wall to shank cops/rebels outside of the prison?  Exploiting is never Ok bro

As @HotWings states, we need something to stop people from glitching through the walls.

In actual prison this could get you shot at by prison guards.. But the lack of both said guards and the fact injuries/death in a game is well.. Trivial.. Means we have to use something, perhaps, a bit more harsh.

Kind regards,
DJScias

2 minutes ago, DJScias said:

As @HotWings states, we need something to stop people from glitching through the walls.

In actual prison this could get you shot at by prison guards.. But the lack of both said guards and the fact injuries/death in a game is well.. Trivial.. Means we have to use something, perhaps, a bit more harsh.

Kind regards,
DJScias

You both would have made excellent and valid points, only if this has been around for a few minutes or hours.  This has been around for months! This could have been fixed shortly afterwards but has grown to be a part of the community.  Now has been removed without forewarning.  Why is everyone taking the easy route and pretending to be shocked that this was happening at the prison? 

Just now, Nonfiction said:

You both would have made excellent and valid points, only if this has been around for a few minutes or hours.  This has been around for months! This could have been fixed shortly afterwards but has grown to be a part of the community.  Now has been removed without forewarning.  Why is everyone taking the easy route and pretending to be shocked that this was happening at the prison? 

The way ArmA works in regards to physics and other such related things is honestly not something you can fix "shortly afterwards".

There's means that you can jump up lots of meters in the air just because ArmA physics allow you to for some weird reason. Even if we'd encase players completely with a roof as well, or multiple walls around the prison, people would always glitch through them no matter what due to the way ArmA is coded.. Honestly, even if you try long enough, a closed door is no less of a route than an open door in ArmA.

Teleporting you back if you leave a radius is the least resource-extensive measure we can take and I doubt anyone else wants worse server FPS in a, losing, battle against glitching out of prison.

Kind regards,
DJScias

6 minutes ago, DJScias said:

The way ArmA works in regards to physics and other such related things is honestly not something you can fix "shortly afterwards".

There's means that you can jump up lots of meters in the air just because ArmA physics allow you to for some weird reason. Even if we'd encase players completely with a roof as well, or multiple walls around the prison, people would always glitch through them no matter what due to the way ArmA is coded.. Honestly, even if you try long enough, a closed door is no less of a route than an open door in ArmA.

Teleporting you back if you leave a radius is the least resource-extensive measure we can take and I doubt anyone else wants worse server FPS in a, losing, battle against glitching out of prison.

Kind regards,
DJScias

My only question is why this "least resource-extensive measure" wasn't added in immediately. Why was it left to slowly become a feature then simply removed.

1 minute ago, Nonfiction said:

My only question is why this "least resource-extensive measure" wasn't added in immediately. Why was it left to slowly become a feature then simply removed.

Because we have had three different prison systems with different means of 'getting you back' in prison.

Back in the day of our first servers we had a prison in Kavala and eventually one in Pyrgos.. Depending on where you were on the map you would be teleported to either one. Back then, first someone could fly in get you out with a helicopter and that's it.

Then came a simple re-teleport which allowed you a moment to exit the vehicle before it would teleport you back to the prison you were in.

After that came a radius, which limited where you could go in the prison and you'd still be teleported back if you used the vehicle trick above.

Eventually the prison island was introduced, which formerly had the old Federal Reserve on it. It was decently walled in and it had towers on the inside (which are removed now as well). It did actually have a radius which extended to just outside.. Which meant if you got out you'd be teleported back in after a few steps.. This also allowed people to get up on the roof..

However the roof trick, and some other issues caused by the terrain allowing you to do mass-jumps, eventually broke a few things where people would get stuck INSIDE the prison without being still on jail or where they'd be stuck outside with a timer that had issues..

The above led us to make the range a bit smaller than before so that we'd avoid people from fucking themselves over.. And sure, this may have taken a bit of time.. But it's up to Paratus' time-schedule and a lot of reports about it before things like that happen.

So there you have the full explanation as to why it wasn't immediately as what it is now.

Kind regards,
DJScias

Olivia likes this
18 minutes ago, DJScias said:

Kind regards,
DJScias

I've died in prison and been able to spawn anywhere, i think that's a bigger issue than jumping out perosnally

Just now, Miss Evo said:

I've died in prison and been able to spawn anywhere, i think that's a bigger issue than jumping out perosnally

Feel free to make a bug report on it if you haven't already, if you have then feel free to redirect me to such so I can show it to Paratus again.

He's got a lot more on his plate than just this, so he may have missed it.

Kind regards,
DJScias

12 minutes ago, DJScias said:

Because we have had three different prison systems with different means of 'getting you back' in prison.

Back in the day of our first servers we had a prison in Kavala and eventually one in Pyrgos.. Depending on where you were on the map you would be teleported to either one. Back then, first someone could fly in get you out with a helicopter and that's it.

Then came a simple re-teleport which allowed you a moment to exit the vehicle before it would teleport you back to the prison you were in.

After that came a radius, which limited where you could go in the prison and you'd still be teleported back if you used the vehicle trick above.

Eventually the prison island was introduced, which formerly had the old Federal Reserve on it. It was decently walled in and it had towers on the inside (which are removed now as well). It did actually have a radius which extended to just outside.. Which meant if you got out you'd be teleported back in after a few steps.. This also allowed people to get up on the roof..

However the roof trick, and some other issues caused by the terrain allowing you to do mass-jumps, eventually broke a few things where people would get stuck INSIDE the prison without being still on jail or where they'd be stuck outside with a timer that had issues..

The above led us to make the range a bit smaller than before so that we'd avoid people from fucking themselves over.. And sure, this may have taken a bit of time.. But it's up to Paratus' time-schedule and a lot of reports about it before things like that happen.

So there you have the full explanation as to why it wasn't immediately as what it is now.

Kind regards,
DJScias

I feel your post is misleading in the time frame which this happened.  The aerial extraction was vanilla Altis Life and the tower defenses were removed nearly a year ago. 

"But it's up to Paratus' time-schedule and a lot of reports about it before things like that happen"  So your trying to say that he has time to add berry picking but not remove this apparent known exploit? This feature was left because it added depth to game play. I feel this was removed recently because of a few disconnected admins and higher up APD members who were simply upset by getting downed by prison inmates.

13 minutes ago, Nonfiction said:

I feel your post is misleading in the time frame which this happened.  The aerial extraction was vanilla Altis Life and the tower defenses were removed nearly a year ago. 

"But it's up to Paratus' time-schedule and a lot of reports about it before things like that happen"  So your trying to say that he has time to add berry picking but not remove this apparent known exploit? This feature was left because it added depth to game play. I feel this was removed recently because of a few disconnected admins and higher up APD members who were simply upset by getting downed by prison inmates.

The circle has been being adjusted for over a year and a half now.  I personally think its hilarious you are pissed off you cant exploit anymore.

Olivia likes this
16 minutes ago, Nonfiction said:

The timeframe between the berry patch and the circle adjustment is huge though, as Hotwings points out.. And whatever those claims are about disconnect admins or higher up APD members.. I suppose that's up to you to believe what you want to believe.. I doubt any higher up APD members have actually ever spoken to Paratus more than a few minutes if ever.. Plus Paratus does not really make things different for his admins, considering we're a way smaller group than the whole playerbase. He'll choose the latter over the former in terms of gameplay.

Kind regards,
DJScias

2 minutes ago, DJScias said:

The timeframe between the berry patch and the circle adjustment is huge though, as Hotwings points out.. And whatever those claims are about disconnect admins or higher up APD members.. I suppose that's up to you to believe what you want to believe.. I doubt any higher up APD members have actually ever spoken to Paratus more than a few minutes if ever.. Plus Paratus does not really make things different for his admins, considering we're a way smaller group than the whole playerbase. He'll choose the latter over the former in terms of gameplay.

Kind regards,
DJScias

I wanted to add some closure to this DJScias because neither of us want to continue an endless topic. My only concern is that things are left for extensive periods of time then are simply removed without debate. It's a recurring theme and my only wish is that perhaps some compromise would happen in the future.

Just now, Nonfiction said:

I wanted to add some closure to this DJScias because neither of us want to continue an endless topic. My only concern is that things are left for extensive periods of time then are simply removed without debate. It's a recurring theme and my only wish is that perhaps some compromise would happen in the future.

I can honestly never see why us preventing people from glitching is something we need to discuss with our community.. Ever.

That's all I can finish up on my part.

Kind regards,
DJScias

7 minutes ago, DJScias said:

I can honestly never see why us preventing people from glitching is something we need to discuss with our community.. Ever.

That's all I can finish up on my part.

Kind regards,
DJScias

Why haven't you post that from the beginning? I feel we both had valid points throughout this conversation.  It's always nice to see a member of the administrative team to give up.

3 hours ago, DJScias said:

Feel free to make a bug report on it if you haven't already, if you have then feel free to redirect me to such so I can show it to Paratus again.

He's got a lot more on his plate than just this, so he may have missed it.

Kind regards,
DJScias

i would but the format doesn't allow me to report in words so i have to make a new but on it

Edited by Miss Evo