Much needed Bank/Fed changes

Bank/Fed Changes  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these changes?

Right now as we all know, the bank is a complete shitshow.

The bank was excessively done continuously by gangs causing the cops to become tired and worn out.

Instead of paratus changing the bank layout, he decided that nerfing the $$$ payout and make the remaining converted to gold bars. 

Considering the increased rebel loadout prices, banks are simply hardly worth it anymore in its current state. 

Changes that need to be made to the bank is revert it to the original payout and change the area itself. 

As everyone on the cop side knows, the roof of the bank is close to impossible to assault without an orca+.

These buildings create much unnecessary "sniper" wars between the 2 factions. I suggest removing these buildings and replacing them with the 1 story barracks buildings much like the one at the prison. I figured this would be a little 2 easy for cops since there are little to no positions for rebels to provide covering fire without the office buildings. I suggest adding 1-2 millitary cargo towers or a couple deerstands. 

Each room would contain a random amount of $$$ that would require to be drilled into with a timer of 5-10 min (Just a time suggestion). No one would want to drill into a room and find 20 k, so make it to where there is a base minimum a room can have which could be 50k while the max per room could be 100k. 

Make the area work just like the fed, as soon as someone in the building drills a door, everyone in that area gets the bank robbery charge and the alarm will not stop until there are no rebels in the alarm vicinity. 

Now there is only a couple fed changes the whole community would love to see changed.

Please limit swat leaders to only 1 swat leader. 3 swat ladders is basically three new entrances which is extremely difficult to hold for 10 rebels. 

Now removing the deerstands was also a huge nerf to rebels, I don't think bringing them all back is the best idea, but just 2 of them. One on the south east entrance, and the one on the west gate. Hasn't the staff noticed by now why feds have been nonexistent the past few months? I cannot remember the last time I was at a fed. 

Since with the econonmy changes to asylum, feds are chump $$$. You need to either buff the payout of feds or nerf the asylum econonmy. What reason should a rebel do a fed when its extremely hard to defend/make payout when a bank takes 10 minutes and pays out more just by the $$$ factor itself. 

I am glad asylum established a group cap, but a group cap of 10 is WAY to small. I don't play rebel that much the past year, but when I do, It is extremely annoying and difficult to play with a 10 man group cap. I know super gangs became a HUGE asylum issue and I know you guys don't want that returning, but a group cap of 10 is just way to small, 13-15 would make a HUGE difference on the rebel side of things. 

Constructive feedback pls.

Edited by The Monopoly Man

The problem with increasing group cap is that while it'll level the playing field for the evenings/weekends, it'll further increase the difficulty for cops during the early AM/morning hours. We're used to having~5 cops online, usually 1 or 2 cadets and the rest constables, and we're on a constant rotation from the bank to the fed and back again. 

I'm all for reworking the bank, it's impossible to push unless you have quite a few cops online...rebels will say "just rush the bank in hatchbacks" or "you have a strider, use it", but then you see all of their montages of them mowing down hatchbacks and striders as they push the bank. Rushing banks only works when you have the numbers to play the peaking game, which isn't a luxury we have during the early AM. 

Sojobo and Budbringer like this
5 minutes ago, epTic said:

The problem with increasing group cap is that while it'll level the playing field for the evenings/weekends, it'll further increase the difficulty for cops during the early AM/morning hours. We're used to having~5 cops online, usually 1 or 2 cadets and the rest constables, and we're on a constant rotation from the bank to the fed and back again. 

I'm all for reworking the bank, it's impossible to push unless you have quite a few cops online...rebels will say "just rush the bank in hatchbacks" or "you have a strider, use it", but then you see all of their montages of them mowing down hatchbacks and striders as they push the bank. Rushing banks only works when you have the numbers to play the peaking game, which isn't a luxury we have during the early AM. 

+1

I'm from the UK so almost all of the time I play on the server it's like you described.

Edited by BioHazard_
5 minutes ago, epTic said:

No one does feds eptic. And to be honest there's no that much action on cop..hardly ever.

28 minutes ago, epTic said:

No one does feds when there's 20 cops online. 

Everyone does fed when there's 5 cops online. 

ok well lets keep this related to when there are 20 cops online.  The prime times.  we can make another thread about getting EU cops... but these are NA servers 

Just now, Whitey said:

ok well lets keep this related to when there are 20 cops online.  The prime times.  we can make another thread about getting EU cops... but these are NA servers 

And that's supposed to completely take the enjoyment of EU players out of the equation? 

For the record, I, and quite a few of the cops I know that play in the early AM are from NA. 

Sojobo, Nex, BioHazard and 1 other like this

I've never liked so many eptic posts in my life. someone shoot me now.

I don't know what server you guys are playing on, but on the servers I play (I play asylum btw) there is no shortage of banks going on and no reason to buff them, absolutely not, no way in hell pls god no, make it stop.

Feds? I agree, they're only ever done with few cops online and SWAT really evened that fight out.. which is probably why it's not done anymore, much easier to steal money from the bank than the fed so people rotate bank & prison when they want to smash cops because god forbid they fight on an even playing field.

2 minutes ago, Sojobo said:

I don't know what server you guys are playing on, but on the servers I play (I play asylum btw) there is no shortage of banks going on and no reason to buff them, absolutely not, no way in hell pls god no, make it stop.

Feds? I agree, they're only ever done with few cops online and SWAT really evened that fight out.. which is probably why it's not done anymore, much easier to steal money from the bank than the fed so people rotate bank & prison when they want to smash cops because god forbid they fight on an even playing field.

<3 u 

2 hours ago, epTic said:

And that's supposed to completely take the enjoyment of EU players out of the equation? 

For the record, I, and quite a few of the cops I know that play in the early AM are from NA. 

1 hour ago, Sojobo said:

it is not an even fight though.  Look at it from our point of view.  There are 10 of u because of group cap.  that means 1 driller 3 on each entrance. that is all well and good but then you get 4 swat ladders that u can put on 7 locations. so that goes from 3 per entrance to 1 man per entrance assuming you put all of the ladders out. and you can walk around the wall so technically all 7 are passable. Now add to that fact that you guys get free or almost free load-outs and ours are about 25k per load-out you can come right back after you die and get back into the fight.  So please dont sit there and tell me it is balanced.  If it were balanced then more rebels would do it.  Keep in mind you are a part of the APD if there was a 30% success rate for FEDs and the cops won that much then rebels wouldn't do anything ever does that really sound like fun.  I mean isnt that why people are here is to fight.  If RP is your thing then just dont come back after you die twice, or go play CG 

Edited by Whitey
16 minutes ago, Whitey said:

it is not an even fight though.  Look at it from our point of view.  There are 10 of u because of group cap.  that means 1 driller 3 on each entrance. that is all well and good but then you get 4 swat ladders that u can put on 7 locations. so that goes from 3 per entrance to 1 man per entrance assuming you put all of the ladders out. and you can walk around the wall so technically all 7 are passable. Now add to that fact that you guys get free or almost free load-outs and ours are about 25k per load-out you can come right back after you die and get back into the fight.  So please dont sit there and tell me it is balanced.  If it were balanced then more rebels would do it.  Keep in mind you are a part of the APD if there was a 30% success rate for FEDs and the cops won that much then rebels wouldn't do anything ever does that really sound like fun.  I mean isnt that why people are here is to fight.  If RP is your thing then just dont come back after you die twice, or go play CG 

I'd be all for swat ladders getting nerfed if strider armor got improved and the ability to bug out swat be removed. 

In the evening, 4 swat ladders is much, but what the fuck are we going to do with 4 swat ladders and 5 cops in the early AM? 

Edited by epTic
6 minutes ago, epTic said:

I'd be all for swat ladders getting nerfed if strider armor got improved and the ability to bug out swat be removed. 

In the evening, 4 swat ladders is much, but what the fuck are we going to do with 4 swat ladders and 5 cops in the early AM? 

I am not going to say i know you pain because i simply dont play cop early in the morning.  My sleeping schedule is eternally fucked up due to school and smoking too much for me to know what you are going through.  Yes that would suck i dont deny that but when we do the fed the roles are reversed.  We are the early morning cops who are out manned and the APD have literally endless numbers 

Just now, Whitey said:

I am not going to say i know you pain because i simply dont play cop early in the morning.  My sleeping schedule is eternally fucked up due to school and smoking too much for me to know what you are going through.  Yes that would suck i dont deny that but when we do the fed the roles are reversed.  We are the early morning cops who are out manned and the APD have literally endless numbers 

You also have better weaponry, defensive positions, better comms, and better teamwork. 

13 minutes ago, epTic said:

You also have better weaponry, defensive positions, better comms, and better teamwork. 

better weapons that are 300% more expensive, and we no longer have towers.  we have the same sandbags you have either smoke it or cover peek... not rocket science 

Edited by Whitey
Just now, Whitey said:

they survive with minimal health, but the point is that it is more how you use the weapon.  1 shot to the head doesnt matter the caliber 

How you use the weapon is fine and dandy, until you realize that rebels ultimately have an insane advantage given that officers are FORCED to push across open areas with little to no cover. 

Banks are easy as fuck for the rebels, sit and wait for someone to push and spray them with 762. 

Prisons are slightly harder, but the amount of open ground to cover is still immense and a bit of a challenge for cops that don't have the numbers to push. 

Feds are hated somewhat due to the largely CQB nature of combat, you can't prone on a roof and wait until a cop pushes across an open field and 3rd person peak him to death.

6 minutes ago, epTic said:

How you use the weapon is fine and dandy, until you realize that rebels ultimately have an insane advantage given that officers are FORCED to push across open areas with little to no cover. 

Banks are easy as fuck for the rebels, sit and wait for someone to push and spray them with 762. 

Prisons are slightly harder, but the amount of open ground to cover is still immense and a bit of a challenge for cops that don't have the numbers to push. 

Feds are hated somewhat due to the largely CQB nature of combat, you can't prone on a roof and wait until a cop pushes across an open field and 3rd person peak him to death.

Feds are hated because they're limited to 10 people (1 drilling) and there is 7 entrances to cover, and unfortunately, the way the APD fights and the CQC nature of the fed puts the rebels at an extreme disadvantage through tradekills and things like that. As for early morning cop... honestly, wtf are you doing on cop at 5 in the morning? Go on civ and make meth, let the cadets have a little fun on their own, as there usually isn't over 2 of them on that early which means: no banks/feds because not enough cops. BOOM problem fuckin solved, don't play cop that early. I hate early morning cops so much, no personal offense. Rant over. Constructive bullshit ensues.

Fed idea: Okay, fed balancing is a yes, no west deerstand though, too op. Give back the one in between the two east gates and the one covering Telos, remove the SWAT ladder spot from both of the deerstands mentioned, limit SWAT to 2-3 ladders (depending on how many cops are on, 2 for 15+ cops, 3 for 10- cops.) and make adjustments from there if shit seems too easy for one side or the other.

Bank problem: Bank needs to be changed for cop side, ATM 1/Lighthouse/Roof players wreak havoc on you mongs rushing the bank.

Bank solution: Change ATM's to barracks buildings, put a deerstand on the back side of it like Archetype has it and surround it with small fortifications (small Hbarrier's/Sandbags, like the prison.) Add better spots for cops to assault from and it will be fun as shit.

Prison problem: Nothing.

Prison solution: None needed, stop bitching cops, it's pretty one-sided, you can't escape the prison w/o getting lethaled half the time, so you pray to god somebody one taps you before you get downed from the barracks roof/long house.

Raise group cap to ~15 if you don't feel like putting time into changing all this shit.

Ready to flame epTic when he responds with some shit about early morning cop :kappa:

1 minute ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Feds are hated because they're limited to 10 people (1 drilling) and there is 7 entrances to cover, and unfortunately, the way the APD fights and the CQC nature of the fed puts the rebels at an extreme disadvantage through tradekills and things like that. As for early morning cop... honestly, wtf are you doing on cop at 5 in the morning? Go on civ and make meth, let the cadets have a little fun on their own, as there usually isn't over 2 of them on that early which means: no banks/feds because not enough cops. BOOM problem fuckin solved, don't play cop that early. I hate early morning cops so much, no personal offense. Rant over. Constructive bullshit ensues.

Fed idea: Okay, fed balancing is a yes, no west deerstand though, too op. Give back the one in between the two east gates and the one covering Telos, remove the SWAT ladder spot from both of the deerstands mentioned, limit SWAT to 2-3 ladders (depending on how many cops are on, 2 for 15+ cops, 3 for 10- cops.) and make adjustments from there if shit seems too easy for one side or the other.

Bank problem: Bank needs to be changed for cop side, ATM 1/Lighthouse/Roof players wreak havoc on you mongs rushing the bank.

Bank solution: Change ATM's to barracks buildings, put a deerstand on the back side of it like Archetype has it and surround it with small fortifications (small Hbarrier's/Sandbags, like the prison.) Add better spots for cops to assault from and it will be fun as shit.

Prison solution: None needed, stop bitching cops, it's pretty one-sided, you can't escape the prison w/o getting lethaled half the time, so you pray to god somebody one taps you before you get downed from the barracks roof/long house.

Raise group cap to ~15 if you don't feel like putting time into changing all this shit.

Ready to flame epTic when he responds with some shit about early morning cop :kappa:

You'll understand why I play early AM cop when you get a job. 

Let's reserve this thread for people who can actually play on the servers though, yeah? 

Edited by epTic
29 minutes ago, epTic said:

I will address these in order. 

1)Banks are not difficult when my gang plays on cop we use the same tactics we use at rebel.  wait till one of those hatchbacks try to go in and then when the rebel peeks to shoot it you peek to shoot him.  Bait...  as for the ones held up on the roof you just need to get on lighthouse and then peek them from there.  

2)prisons are the same way when someone goes to run you cover them then when the cop rebel goes to peek shoot his ass

3)Feds arent relevant because nobody can or will do them. not worth the risk or the reward.

3 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

never agreed with you more Vanilla 

Just now, Whitey said:

I will address these in order. 

1)Banks are not difficult when my gang plays on cop we use the same tactics we use at rebel.  wait till one of those hatchbacks try to go in and then when the rebel peeks to shoot it you peek to shoot him.  Bait...  as for the ones held up on the roof you just need to get on lighthouse and then peek them from there.  

2)prisons are the same way when someone goes to run you cover them then when the cop rebel goes to peek shoot his ass

3)Feds arent relevant because nobody can or will do them. not worth the risk or the reward.

Except that gangs DO do them when there's 5 cops online because it's ezpz. 

All of those tactics work fine and dandy when there's numbers, I'd like to see you take a bank against an Orca full of guys with 4 of your gangmates. 

Just now, epTic said:

You'll understand why I play early AM cop when you get a job. 

Let's reserve this thread for people who can actually play on the servers though, yeah? 

Feel like I've done enough to remember how the fed worked/works, and I do still keep up on shit happening, even though I can't play, I still have friends that can keep me updated.  <_< 

1 minute ago, epTic said:

Except that gangs DO do them when there's 5 cops online because it's ezpz. 

All of those tactics work fine and dandy when there's numbers, I'd like to see you take a bank against an Orca full of guys with 4 of your gangmates. 

i have tried talking about it man... i am sorry there arent always 30 cops on i really am but idk what else to say lol 

Just now, Whitey said:

i have tried talking about it man... i am sorry there arent always 30 cops on i really am but idk what else to say lol 

I know, and I'm just saying you can balance it one way, but it's gonna hurt the other. 

The solution for cops being outnumbered was SUPPOSED to be swat, but half the time it's bugged out...add in the fact that Striders are virtually useless due to the penetration of a 762 and it's over faster than it takes to gear up. 

Just now, epTic said:

I know, and I'm just saying you can balance it one way, but it's gonna hurt the other. 

The solution for cops being outnumbered was SUPPOSED to be swat, but half the time it's bugged out...add in the fact that Striders are virtually useless due to the penetration of a 762 and it's over faster than it takes to gear up. 

also the fact that strides are easy to shoot through

2 minutes ago, epTic said:

Fed strat is scummy as of now tbh, bugging swat for no ladders <_<

1 minute ago, epTic said:

well that's due to the penetration of the 762 :P

You guys need Ifrits, being serious. The angle on the window makes such a big difference.

I'm off to bed, pce epTic bb ily. <3

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

Fed strat is scummy as of now tbh, bugging swat for no ladders <_<

You guys need Ifrits, being serious. The angle on the window makes such a big difference.

windows only matter for the prison/fed. 

banks get fucked because of the angle, the strider might as well not have a roof because rebels can just spray into the roof and kill everyone