Do admins even come in ts?

feistyhew

I had a compensation that was approved sat for 4 days never got helped so gave up, now i have been waiting to get help after being banned again 4 days and no help...  I understand that admins have better things to do than afk waiting for people, but geez at least hop on randomly and see if someone needs assistance

As far as the ban goes, make sure you submit an appeal on the forums in the appeals section prior to sitting in teamspeak. It'll get you results a lot faster. 

For the comp, add your topic to your away status to get faster assistance, and be patient. It's a lot of work for the amount of comp requests.  

As as for admins in TS. Yes. They are on, but usually in hidden channels (imagine bong spammed by messages such as the ones you need help with) before people go through proper channels.  

Patience, friend. Follow up channels on the forums before hoping to find one on teamspeak. 

16 minutes ago, feistyhew said:

I had a compensation that was approved sat for 4 days never got helped so gave up, now i have been waiting to get help after being banned again 4 days and no help...  I understand that admins have better things to do than afk waiting for people, but geez at least hop on randomly and see if someone needs assistance

I see them on teamspeak everyday

@bamf , @Gnashes , @Paratus

I wonder if its possibly to write a script that

1. when tallied for approval, admin checks off a box that sends PlayerX CompApproval === true

2. it checks if the player is logged on asylum PlayerX Online === false/true

3. If(Online === yes)

{

//insert MONEYOWED into player acc

//Set paid bool val to TRUE

}

Else

Set paid bool val to FALSE

{

//Add money to owed Column

}

4. then it would skip an annoying process possibly for them

Eventually you could probably even write a script that auto replies on the forums after paid

If(CompAtHand===Complete)

{

// insert Char Array "Approved"

}

Obviously Im not a smart person in any shape or form but maybe someone as smart as Bikstok / Treehurder / Gnashes / DJ Scias could come up with something unless

Paratus manages some extra time outside of fixing bohemia's Huge fuck ups this week

william and Bersabee like this
11 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

life_compCache = [Set Database Variable via Admintools Here]

Add "life_compCache = 0; to config.sqf," add a line saying "life_atmmoney = life_atmmoney+life_compCache;" that runs when the server syncs your data on disconnect.

I can't imagine that would be overly difficult.

Thats dope as hell, i never thought of using the disconnect sync as an indicator regarding player online status

Edited by Sugarfoot
26 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

life_compCache = [Set Database Variable via Admintools Here]

Add "life_compCache = 0; to config.sqf," add a line saying "life_atmmoney = life_atmmoney+life_compCache;" that runs when the server syncs your data on disconnect.

I can't imagine that would be overly difficult.

If that is doable it would be great, it would take a lot of responsibility off admins from having to take time out to deal with all of them and focus more on other matters.

1 hour ago, EixunA said:

I highly doubt that you have been sitting for 4 days straight in the help channel. It usually takes a few hours try putting you name like this in TS: Name(Approved)

The admins are not always on but I know for a fact you have not been sitting for that long without any words 

To this, i have to reconnect every time it kicks me ofc, and being literal as in 24 hours a day for each day is you taking things out of context.

26 minutes ago, mightymax said:

this guy just banned me perm, I have zero idea why he banned me perma, I don't even understand why? does he know what he is doing? it says solicitation??? WTF. can someone please contact Gnashes and see why he is an admin randomly banning people PERM?

You must be new, so I'll tell you kindly. Don't go around talking about your ban for one, and definitely don't go around talking about gnashes( of all admins) banning you. You're banned for a reason. Asylum is the most structured life server on arma 3. I've been banned for some of the dumbest reasons I can think of, but theres always a reason. And to that,out of all my bans, Gnashes has banned me maybe twice in two years. They were also probably the only bans that were legitimate. Therefore, you fucked up

Edited by Poko
34 minutes ago, mightymax said:

and yes I am new as this is the first time I have ever been banned for anything in my life! I  always play buy rules!

thanks for your point of view though, I just am pissed that I have been grinding turtles for weeks and now get banned like  this randomly for no reason by Gnashes

Let me give you some advice. They have a ban section that you can fill stuff out on it, go take the time and energy make a good ban appeal with every bit of knowledge you have. They could have made a mistake, but you typing here makes no sense and will not help you in any shape or form. It will only piss the admin off and make him avoid talking to you because you make your self seem like an ass hole.

what I am most sad about is the game bug wiped out about 500k worth of guns in two storage crates which I'm sure you know took how many excavations and turtle runs. Kinda a punch to the gut when you lose that way from a game bug that I guess is really no ones fault.

I'm hoping they can put my house back the way it was with my supplies and crates? I don't know much about how admins powers work, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is not possible

Edited by mightymax
7 hours ago, mightymax said:

WTF I didn't do shit? what  are you talking about. Solicitation? I don't even know what that is? How could I have fucked up, I didn't even do anything, or know how to do anything like that.

How is it structured when I just got perma banned for something like this?

It's because you tried to fondle his balls, Derek. You tried to fondle his balls.