RDM Rule Possible Change?

I feel as though the RDM rules need to be reevaluated also as they're highly in favor of the attackers as someone can roll up when I'm Mining and I'm not allowed to start shooting until they say they're robbing me or else it's RDM. I would prefer being allowed to shoot warning shots from afar at least and if they keep coming then that should be considered initiation allowing you to shoot them. 

12 minutes ago, Shawraraka said:

I feel as though the RDM rules need to be reevaluated also as they're highly in favor of the attackers as someone can roll up when I'm Mining and I'm not allowed to start shooting until they say they're robbing me or else it's RDM. I would prefer being allowed to shoot warning shots from afar at least and if they keep coming then that should be considered initiation allowing you to shoot them. 

no

Just now, Mike Santamaria said:

Everyone will just start shooting at people when they see then close and it would get worst. 

well then people who are trying to make money have to watch a car driving up and know that they are about to get robbed and cant do anything until the car is right next to them holding a gun at them... that seems fair

3 minutes ago, Shawraraka said:

well then people who are trying to make money have to watch a car driving up and know that they are about to get robbed and cant do anything until the car is right next to them holding a gun at them... that seems fair

If you want to kill them before they get there text them and initiate. Or do drugs, red zones op.

Eric916, Akula and Roice like this
2 minutes ago, DankMemes™ said:

Just tell then to put their hands up? Or there is a really cool thing called INTERACTING with people. Just do drugs so you can just KOS.

i do interact with people i just see a car rolling up in the distance driven by FSA or someone who is known for jacking and currently i cant do anything until the guys with in full rebel gear get out and hold their guns to my face

1 minute ago, Shawraraka said:

i do interact with people i just see a car rolling up in the distance driven by FSA or someone who is known for jacking and currently i cant do anything until the guys with in full rebel gear get out and hold their guns to my face

Sounds like a personal issue fam, just dupe so all you have to face is the admin TS channel.

Kalier likes this
8 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Technically you're allowed to shoot at them as long as you don't kill them, it's only RDM if they die apparently.

what if they keep coming. do u have to wait till they pull out a gun to actually kill them or can u kill them if theyre coming at u while ur shooting warning shots around them?

Just now, Shawraraka said:

what if they keep coming. do u have to wait till they pull out a gun to actually kill them or can u kill them if theyre coming at u while ur shooting warning shots around them?

Yes you need to wait until you or someone in your group initiates with them, you do not know their actions, even if it seems like they're hostile, doesn't mean they have hostile intentions. Why don't you just initiate yourself if you're so worried about others? If you're suspicious about them tell them "Do not get any closer and leave the area immediately or you will be shot" Something like that. Give them proper time to comply and if they don't, boom. 

TaeJon and Eric916 like this
1 hour ago, Shawraraka said:

The reason the reasons that the RDM rules are the way they are is because it acts as a buffer from normal Arma.  The weapons on Asylum and initiation rules act as a sort of Handicap that makes the game slightly more difficult with another level of planning and play.  It is what makes it interesting.  Changing this would change the handicap.  Making it closer to Wasteland.  Do you honestly think that any one of asylums premier gangs could go to wasteland or King of the Hill and destroy every person on that server? Yes they could.  That is why the rules are the way that they are.  

TaeJon and Rambunctious Cheeto like this

Keep in mind that once you shoot at them, they are now initiated with you, meaning they can kill you legally. YOU are not initiated with them if you only shoot at them. It's sort of a loophole to get them to shoot back at you. For example, you're mining, and you see a truck pull into the quarry. You can shoot at their tires (warning shots). However, if they don't get out to engage you, you cannot kill them. If they get out and return fire, you are free to eliminate the threat.

As for your question stated in your original post, coming up with a solution would be rather difficult, as a huge variable on Asylum would have to be altered in order to suit your personal needs. In my opinion, the rules for engagement are fine as they are. Try my "loophole" method to see if they shoot back at you before they can close the gap and stick you up. Perhaps have a friend scout for you while you mine so you can be better prepared in the event hooligans try to screw with you.

Hope this helps!

59 minutes ago, Tae'Jon said:

Keep in mind that once you shoot at them, they are now initiated with you, meaning they can kill you legally. YOU are not initiated with them if you only shoot at them. It's sort of a loophole to get them to shoot back at you. For example, you're mining, and you see a truck pull into the quarry. You can shoot at their tires (warning shots). However, if they don't get out to engage you, you cannot kill them. If they get out and return fire, you are free to eliminate the threat.

As for your question stated in your original post, coming up with a solution would be rather difficult, as a huge variable on Asylum would have to be altered in order to suit your personal needs. In my opinion, the rules for engagement are fine as they are. Try my "loophole" method to see if they shoot back at you before they can close the gap and stick you up. Perhaps have a friend scout for you while you mine so you can be better prepared in the event hooligans try to screw with you.

Hope this helps!

lol u sneaky bastard

TaeJon likes this
3 hours ago, MKate18 said:

no

LOL OF course you say no MKate18 cuz you want to be able hope out and before your victim knows whats happening you have a gun drawn on them... Of course robbers will hate this.. I like the idea but what about other miners who show up?

4 hours ago, Shawraraka said:

I understand your problem and the frustration, but I think your whole argument is kind of flawed from the beginning.

Lets start from the beginning:

1. You're NOT allowed to KILL anyone without initiating RP with clear hostile intent.
2. You are however "allowed" (it's not against the rules) to shot out the tires of a vehicle without RP initiation. If you don't consider that to be warning shots I don't know what is.

not saying u should be allowed to kill immediately but at least u should be able to shoot warning shots and if they keep coming then that should be considered initiation

Sure thing, but let them then shoot warning shots at you while you're mining and if you don't leave the area, they can kill you, right?
See any flaws yet?

If you're outgunned or outnumbered, just as in real life, He who fights and runs away may live to fight another day. If you see bandits and you can't handle them, get the fuck out of Dodge. 

Olivia and Cassettes like this

Surviving the harsh environment in Asylum Life is all about wits, force projection, personal relations and reputation.

• If you're smart, you wont get caught, or at least not lose that much when you do.
  • If you have enough force projection people will hesitate to fuck with you or die trying.
  • If you have good personal relations with people, they will leave you alone or even come to your aid if you're outgunned.
  • If you have a reputation to hunt people for days and suicide vest all their vehicles, houses and helicopters just because they looked at you the wrong way, they might think twice about stealing your Quadbike at the peach field.