Stand A Lone Microphones

Gatorade

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

What are the things to know about this and is it really worth getting a standalone microphone whilst using my headset currently for just sound? (Current sound is siberia v3)

I would say it like this: Are you a simple person? if yes then don't do it.

If you like to be plugging in stuff and have everything set to excellence then a standalone mic is great

+ U talk in people their left or right here with a fun trick :D

Just now, FozzyBear said:

I would say it like this: Are you a simple person? if yes then don't do it.

If you like to be plugging in stuff and have everything set to excellence then a standalone mic is great

+ U talk in people their left or right here with a fun trick :D

Ima simple person , I like to plug shit in and leave it alone. Maybe this isn't a good idea for me

ATR2500 is what I got. AT2035 are better in some aspects, but for what you want, you only want an ATR2500. 

1 USB cable, no drivers. Excellent quality

Pick up a cheap mic stand 10-20 dollars because the stand it comes with is aids.

A shock mount if you like to slam your desk a lot or if you live near a fucking train or something. But its not necessary. 

Total should be anywhere between 100-150 bucks depending on stand. 

Oh and maybe a pop filter/windscreen if you have a really load fan blowing on you or if you find your "PPPs" are breaking peoples ears. 

Edited by Axe

Just for gaming it's not needed. You do sound so much better, but unless you are doing some other type of recording, it's not needed. I use a Seinheiser e835 for podcasting  and sometimes gaming. It's easier to just plug in a headset tbh, but I don't have a permanent desk area for gaming. Laptop lyfe

10 minutes ago, Padrinos said:

Just for gaming it's not needed. You do sound so much better, but unless you are doing some other type of recording, it's not needed. I use a Seinheiser e835 for podcasting  and sometimes gaming. It's easier to just plug in a headset tbh, but I don't have a permanent desk area for gaming. Laptop lyfe

Oh you are still in that life. My prayers go out to you Laptop user......

But hey @Sugarfoot if you are actually here to play games competitive then its also very good because games like arma/csgo revolve around sound

2 minutes ago, Padrinos said:

Yea laptop lyfe is ok. It's a gaming laptop and can handle arma while streaming with TS and a bunch of apps open. But upgrading is unachievable. And never get anything wireless for gaming. It makes life difficult. 

Yeah it 'can handle arma' i'm pretty sure your laptop is dead within 3 years.  Laptops are not for games and they will never be.. No matter how many game companies say so.

I had to go back to my snowball but only because my headset mic kept picking up feedback from in game causing annoying echo.

And there's nothing wrong with a good gaming laptop, 10 years ago you'd get away with saying they all suck and are worthless, but things have changed quite a lot. I wouldn't ever buy one over a desktop, but there's nothing wrong with a good gaming laptop if it meets your needs.

Edited by Furnie Mack
4 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

What are the things to know about this and is it really worth getting a standalone microphone whilst using my headset currently for just sound? (Current sound is siberia v3)

I upgraded from siberia V3 headset to astro headset as well as a standalone condenser microphone and love it. The one issue though regarding stand alone mics is they are most of the time high quality and pick up everything very well like background noise fans keyboard etc.