Aggression system [Red names]

7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Yea, what's wrong with it?  Now you know everyone you have RP with...

Edit:  Maybe I'm missing something?

Sometimes it triggers without actual combat or shots.

Doesn't occur all the time but for example today i was alone on civ and walked upto a guy with a red name. (Didn't take damage or shoot anyone myself)

I thought there were some people complaining about it on the forums when it came out aswell, CM's said they can't change anything themselfs and needed to wait on the devs to fix it :o 

Maybe i'm on a loose trail here and got ARMA'd today but really none experienced this? O-O

3 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hold tilde. Sounds like they're wearing a balaclava.

That's a negative it happenes with everybody sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. and it really is a game changer on cop when you cant get a tilde. Hardly ever works for me when trying to use it on helis/ moving cars

might just be me because I don't see anybody complaining about it though

Edited by JacobHarr
Shade likes this
14 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Sounds like he was grouped with someone who engaged your group. If it happens in a certain range...

Like i said i was solo and had no combat or heard any shots.

Could've been a shot i didn't hear or simply de-sync or something but i thought this was a recurring problem for more people.

@Paratus @bamf

Oh well idk if actually bugged i'll keep an eye on it and try to record it.

On another topic i was talking to motown earlier and we discussed something.

Going into the fed with full talents and baclava should give you a good headstart to not set the alarm off.

However the mechanic is made so that there's a timer running so it's RNG when it goes off when you're inside with the drill/explosives.

Shouldn't this timer be visible somehow so you can actually have a sneak attack on the fed?

Or make it so that if the timer actually hits and you're inside of the fed WITH the talents it still doesn't go off for a certain amount of time?

Edited by Midamaru
1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

@Paratus @bamf

Oh well idk if actually bugged i'll keep an eye on it and try to record it.

On another topic i was talking to motown earlier and we discussed something.

Going into the fed with full talents and baclava should give you a good headstart to not set the alarm off.

However the mechanic is made so that there's a timer running so it's RNG when it goes off when you're inside with the drill/explosives.

Shouldn't this timer be visible somehow so you can actually have a sneak attack on the fed?

Or make it so that if the timer actually hits and you're inside of the fed WITH the talents it still doesn't go off for a certain amount of time?

The original design was to have the ability to hack the camera at the center so you can see where it's looking, although it would be too easy to avoid detection. At the end of the day features NEEDa lot of risk and difficulty is they payout a lot. The reserve was intended to be one of the hardest to pull off.

52 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The original design was to have the ability to hack the camera at the center so you can see where it's looking, although it would be too easy to avoid detection. At the end of the day features NEEDa lot of risk and difficulty is they payout a lot. The reserve was intended to be one of the hardest to pull off.

I can imagine that keeping the economy in the right place is one hell of a complex problem. But let me ask you this, should it be do-able but difficult for any size of group or should it always require a full gang to steal any bars? 

I'm fine with not being able to solo steal a bar from the fed but all the talents for the fed increase speed and stealth. Something a full gang group doesn't need, it fits one person or a small group that wants to do it tactically and quick before any combat even happens. 

Also idk if you can look it up in logs but i think the fed is getting dusty and rarely  visited which is a shame. 

Can someone link me or give me some more info about the red names/ aggression system?

If someone's name is red does that mean we can shoot at them without initiation? I've been away for a little bit but quite a few times recently I'll be in town and see people with red names for no reason that I can think of.  Like I'll be running to one of the vendors and pass by somebody who's name is red even though I haven't shot at anyone or been shot at.  I'm not in a gang either so it isn't because of a gang war. 

I've also been shot without initiation and the other player claimed my name was red so he didn't have to say anything even though I wasn't aggressive to anyone prior and nobody was aggressive to me.  

12 minutes ago, blinky said:

If someone's name is red does that mean we can shoot at them without initiation?

Red=dead, yes you can kill them.

12 minutes ago, blinky said:

.I've also been shot without initiation and the other player claimed my name was red so he didn't have to say anything even though I wasn't aggressive to anyone prior and nobody was aggressive to me.  

Record and report, he may be telling the truth, he may be lying. The admins will figure it out.

So one issue I see with the Red Name is that is that it does highlight everyone who is grouped with that individual HOWEVER it doesn't mean their all hostile? Which makes it hard to control area's where its populated by a lot of civilians.

For example, This morning, as APD one guy shot at me but one of his friends was clearly not going to shot me and didn't. Am I allowed to down or restrain everyone red? Regardless if they seem aggressive? Would make things easy but as of what I know now You can't just shot at all red highlighted names. Or can we as APD because were initiated. RP that its just to control the situation and if their not wanted they're free to leave?

Edited by Canna
On 7/17/2016 at 1:28 PM, JacobHarr said:

That's a negative it happenes with everybody sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. and it really is a game changer on cop when you cant get a tilde. Hardly ever works for me when trying to use it on helis/ moving cars

might just be me because I don't see anybody complaining about it though

@Paratus @Bamf

Jacob is right.  The responsiveness of tilde is pretty random when it decides to work.  It can be a struggle to tilde people sometimes.  That said, we all know it used to be TOO easy to tilde everyone, even through mountains and whatnot.  I don't know how the mechanic works now, but it seems to be pretty iffy when it works. :P

JacobHarr likes this