Updated : Check this out and tell me what you think

About two weeks ago I posted asking info on how to go about learning how to make a website. Well I took everyones advice - learned HTML, JavaScript, CSS and learned how to create a website and deploy it. I think I've gotten it to the point where its something worth showing. Tell me what you think. As far as I know it isn't optimized on mobile, and it doesn't look proper on Internet Explorer so if you can open it on Google Chrome or Firefox. Also if you dont have your flash player updated it wont load the video in the background for an Intro Video made by @Goku.

Context: Elysium Gang site

http://www.bluegatorade.xyz/

Edit: Added alot of stuff you guys said. I haven't changed ANYTHING to much with the Font (Style, size, placement, color, positioning e.t.c) , and I have some notes written down for a few more things i wanted to change / do

Edited by Sugarfoot
32 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Any tips or wisdom you can part with me on reaching somewhere closer like that?

Well I'm not a professional or anything, these are just my personal opinions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe have the video play once, It would probably annoy or bother people that are reading the home page.

The repeating music drove me insane, (like I said above maybe have it play once)

Add some more detail, (There's only like two fonts)

Maybe add a few tabs to the top, such as, Info, How to Join, Gang Highlights, and then Roster. (instead of having it all clustered on the home page).

Make another recruitment page on your actual website, just in-case people don't have an Asylum forum account or would prefer to sign up there. (Might be hard to do as it would require a whole making an account creation)

This was just me looking at the website for a couple of minutes and what I analyzed, yet again, 

these are just my PERSONAL opinions.

Edited by Ren Zero
3 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

Well I'm not a professional or anything, these are just my personal opinions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe have the video play once, It would probably annoy or bother people that are reading the home page.

The repeating music drove me insane, (like I said above maybe have it play once)

Add some more detail, (There's only like two fonts)

Maybe add a few tabs to the top, such as, Info, How to Join, Gang Highlights, and then Roster. (instead of having it all clustered on the home page).

Make another recruitment page on your actual website, just in-case people don't have an Asylum forum account or would prefer to sign up there. (Might be hard to do as it would require a whole making an account creation)

This was just me looking at the website for a couple of minutes and what I analyzed, yet again, 

these are just my PERSONAL opinions.

1. You know I had the same thought on the looping intro but a few others said it would be cool if it kept playing. What if it looped to a muted version - would that appease both you think?

2. I was thinkning about making tabs as my next step into it , and as for fonts thats true i could spruce it up.

I will definitly try these , thank you for your input

Ren Zero likes this
1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

1. You know I had the same thought on the looping intro but a few others said it would be cool if it kept playing. What if it looped to a muted version - would that appease both you think?

2. I was thinkning about making tabs as my next step into it , and as for fonts thats true i could spruce it up.

I will definitly try these , thank you for your input

In my opinion the looping into muted would be better and would still be appeasing . Good work though, and keep it up

Looks like you've learned a few things, good start Leon!

I'm not a pro webdesigner myself but i'll give you my advice:

• Remove the Elysium vid/gif in the background or make it into a smaller window (In top right corner or centered on top for example
    the video is cool looking but out of place on a page with plain text over it.
  • Make the font smaller and closer to eachother, to me that just feels neat
  • The videos at the bottom are really cool, i would personally (if possible) make a pointer to left/right so you can "scroll" through the videos you want to play rather than sliding the actual page from left to right.
1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

I wouldn't say that the sound adds anything to the webpage, it's nice for an intro for a montage but you don't wanna force audio on a page.

Thats a good point, I just figured in thecontext of the website being asylum related it made sense at first to have an opening like that.

What do you mean by like pointers for the videos ? Little lost trying to peice it together in my head

5 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Thats a good point, I just figured in thecontext of the website being asylum related it made sense at first to have an opening like that.

What do you mean by like pointers for the videos ? Little lost trying to peice it together in my head

With pointers i meant those buttons to slide to another video, maybe it makes sense when you see the "layout" i'd go for. You can take any font, formating and colors you like but i would try to make it look neat!

ec9fc2a03cab1f33295634fcda60b2ab.png

Edited by Midamaru
1 hour ago, Yenii said:

It's not bad, pretty basic website, but I like the background intro.

Now all you have to do is take all the info you put on the page and put into different tabs/links

That was my next step and then kind of bring out that logo below the video playing possibly and maybe some info on the bottom to show that there are tabs with more info kind of a thing

2 hours ago, Midamaru said:

With pointers i meant those buttons to slide to another video, maybe it makes sense when you see the "layout" i'd go for. You can take any font, formating and colors you like but i would try to make it look neat!

ec9fc2a03cab1f33295634fcda60b2ab.png

Theres something about that - that kind of makes me feel like its the recruitment page on the forums xD , Im think if i organized it into tabs like yenii said it might make it less messy like you suggested possibly

3 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Theres something about that - that kind of makes me feel like its the recruitment page on the forums xD , Im think if i organized it into tabs like yenii said it might make it less messy like you suggested possibly

Because it's plain text about the info shown on a recruitment page. You just need to add font, background, color ect. I was pointing out a different layout there ;) eitherway thats just mymy opinion, you make what you want. 

Changed a lot , appreciate the advice guys. 

One thing is that it doesn't look as good on lower resolution / laptops. The website width and things start to get a little funky.

Its also a very weird on different forms of internet explorer(i.e different patched versions and stuff) , and I haven't worked too much with the code for the mobile portion so that looks a little funky.

Background images are only temporary while i work on some videos / graphics stuff with some others.

Same thing with the font

Edited by Sugarfoot
3 hours ago, Parker said:

9Eq2tn7.jpg

Edit: Video doesn't play at all*** on mobile. Not sure if that can be fixed.

I can't figure out why it doesn't play on mobile either, and if you turn the phone side ways it looks the way its supposed to minus the video's going vertical instead of horizontal. My final conclusion - fuck mobile for right now xD

Big Bird likes this
58 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I can't figure out why it doesn't play on mobile either, and if you turn the phone side ways it looks the way its supposed to minus the video's going vertical instead of horizontal. My final conclusion - fuck mobile for right now xD

Put a 1 pt black outline on any white text on a semi-light background. Will make it easier to read.

Edit :  Changed the background of the tabs on the top to something cooler , changed the beginning video to a loop with the logo more active + Changed the music to the default arma music when you load up the game. Little less loud / annoying.  Changed some background images so the font would come out better and better quality pictures, Updated roster and positioned fonts around to appear better.

Still want a better picture for about us tab / font rework. Or if chris makes anything cool , I will add that