Bounty list

I feel like a list of bountys with there price should be available at the hunter shop. Nothing more frustrating then having four bountys for 5k on the other side of the map. Especially while you watch people rack up a bounty in the same town as you. 

It would make promoting team work a little more efficient as well. If you and your team have the same bounty you could stagger your tracking timer.

dknthkng maybe easier would be to allow us to drop a bounty and re roll for a new one 

Breku and Eric916 like this

The Asylum Bounty Hunter commission hands you a list of targets, and you go and grab them.  That's how we've always done it, and that's how it needs to be...  

In all seriousness though, people would only go after the big bounties and it's so much fun to throw someone in jail for a few hit and runs and have them lose 40k in gear.  

Megaloners, Bama, Crunchedd and 5 others like this
51 minutes ago, bamf said:

The Asylum Bounty Hunter commission hands you a list of targets, and you go and grab them.  That's how we've always done it, and that's how it needs to be...  

In all seriousness though, people would only go after the big bounties and it's so much fun to throw someone in jail for a few hit and runs and have them lose 40k in gear.  

You evil bastard! It's intended that you arrest people with minor charges and bend them over?!? 

You basically made @Budbringer

54 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

You evil bastard! It's intended that you arrest people with minor charges and bend them over?!? 

You basically made @Budbringer

Me and @Chau made bounty hunting popular!

Side note: fsa and void arrests have made me close to 500k last week or so :D

combat logs have lost me 300k+++

my my point is, but not mostly:

soft logging to get better bounties is the way to go

9 minutes ago, bamf said:

Sociopath is the word you're looking for I think.  I have a conscience... ;)

Also the motto of my play style:  schadenfreude.

psy·cho·path
ˈsīkəˌpaTH/
noun

1. a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

Debatable :D

:kappa:

Edited by Windmere
5 hours ago, bamf said:

Sociopath is the word you're looking for I think.  I have a conscience... ;)

Also the motto of my play style:  schadenfreude.

Could there be an improvement to bounty hunting that disables soft-logging for better bounties. Getting downed and restrained and then watch a gang have their people softlog until one gets my bounty is very obnoxious. 

On top of that if my trial actually goes through at least one or two of them join in just to vote me guilty. It would be awesome If when you get arrested by a Bounty Hunter you had the option to go to an "officer trial"; similar to the regular trial a cop could visit an HQ to hear you plead your case. 

54 minutes ago, Legit said:

Could there be an improvement to bounty hunting that disables soft-logging for better bounties. Getting downed and restrained and then watch a gang have their people softlog until one gets my bounty is very obnoxious. 

I hope not as it is really boring to get 4 bounties from gang x and they have tons of people online doing a fed/bank etc

22 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

I hope not as it is really boring to get 4 bounties from gang x and they have tons of people online doing a fed/bank etc

Let the bounties expire after 10-15 minutes. It is very annoying to just be downed by a player who sees me and knows I'm wanted and then have his group force-get my bounty. Everybody hates this "select a bounty" idea but that is essentially what it is now. Just softlog till you get the guy in restraints in front of you. 

4 hours ago, Legit said:

Let the bounties expire after 10-15 minutes. It is very annoying to just be downed by a player who sees me and knows I'm wanted and then have his group force-get my bounty. Everybody hates this "select a bounty" idea but that is essentially what it is now. Just softlog till you get the guy in restraints in front of you. 

Pretty sure that's not allowed anyway. I read something like that before and I'm ALMOST positive an admin said they shouldn't be doing that as it's exploiting the system etc.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please, thanks.

:shrug:

13 minutes ago, ρhantom said:

Pretty sure that's not allowed anyway. I read something like that before and I'm ALMOST positive an admin said they shouldn't be doing that as it's exploiting the system etc.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please, thanks.

:shrug:

Well considering almost every bounty hunter does it. The only time where its "ill advised" is the APD warrant slot; who mind you only get one warrant at a time.

Just now, ρhantom said:

trolls

you can sit and soft log as much as you want to get someone's bounty

but fuck no you shouldn't be able to "pick" a bounty

that's cancer waiting to happen

BUT HOW!?!?! How can being able to choose who you go after bring trolls? What would they do? Why would they do it? You cant just say "trolls" and expect me to be like "Oh yes it  all makes sense now" EXPLAIN YOUR ARGUMENTS PLS

-1 all the way. Yes you can soft log to get bounties but it is exploiting if you are looking for a specific bounty and is reportable. So you vote we let bounty hunters exploit to get specific bounties too? the only way i could see it being any worse is if it told you how far away you were from the bounty. Either way Bamf said no so its a moot point anyway. Track the bounties you have.

Edited by PublicEnemy
51 minutes ago, PublicEnemy said:

-1 all the way. Yes you can soft log to get bounties but it is exploiting if you are looking for a specific bounty and is reportable. So you vote we let bounty hunters exploit to get specific bounties too? the only way i could see it being any worse is if it told you how far away you were from the bounty. Either way Bamf said no so its a moot point anyway. Track the bounties you have.

False. Not reportable as there's no way to obtain solid evidence of such; similar to wall peeking. There's also never been any word or written rule over this as well.

On 12/16/2016 at 5:53 PM, bamf said:

The Asylum Bounty Hunter commission hands you a list of targets, and you go and grab them. 

BH's are not the police. You get what you get. Soft log or get driving because you've got a criminal to catch :)

Edited by Flameless