Is Stratis a forgotten nation?

The population levels on Stratis show that what was once a great and thriving nation is now slowly diminishing into nothingness.  Why is this?  It's very disappointing to see only ten to twenty visitors on the island at a time.  

My own personal theory is that there is very lmited ways you can make money.  If you go to the processors, you are asking to be killed and the removal of meth I think hurts population more than what people think due to the fact that there is no good alternative.  I want to know other people's opinions on the current situation.

Sergio and Olivia like this

I am a long standing Stratis resident, I've been there from League of Assassins to the great wars of DHM doming Peach Cartel Squeakers.

From Bama's first run in office to his 25th on that fateful day where he launched the nuke and turned it into a zombie world.

I will proudly -1 this, Meth does not need to return for the simple fact that 6.0 has made it literally the back bone to a good bank account for gangs.

Instead put Moonshine+ in 5. While just as good as Meth it takes time to swell the bank accounts and is limiting people to having to own a house to make it out of control.

Keep Meth out of Stratis. Me and Kowalski killed many zombie squeakers to clean the island back up.

Kowalski and Matrixar like this
4 hours ago, Haych said:

Just remove S5. I never see more than 20 people on that Server. The people that overhyped it don't even play on it. Is it really worth the money to keep it up?

People aren't playing it because there nobody on, which contributes to it being under populated.  it's a vicious cycle.  Outright removing it wouldn't be good at all.  I just think if there is a few good ways to make money, you would see a huge difference in population just from that.  Meth got removed but there was no good alternative, meth doesn't have to necessarily have to come back, but there needs to be things to replace it. 

I'll make a few points:

1. METH. Gangs love it, cops love it. It's a fast way to make money, be it by selling OR seizing. And now that banks and gangs have money cap, there really is no reason not to add it back. It will bring both gangs and cops to the server. If it needs to be nerfed, simply make gathering/processing take longer. 

HOWEVER. It's also true that with meth available the server also becomes an aids-hive of Altis players coming there to pull a bunch of hemmits and make a quick buck. So in reality, it depends on Statistics, and whether 90% of the server is doing flawless meth runs instead of actually playing.

2. ALCOHOL. Berry bushes grow all around Stratis. Assuming the berries are in the grape family, they can be fermented and aged into wine...a fairly weak beverage...which can then be distilled into brandy! It'd be a great S5-Exclusive.

3. The population: Honestly, my favorite pattern is a fluctuating server population. There are moments when the server is nearly empty(good for mong gangs ghost-capping turfs), and nearly-full(Agia is complete anarchy, drug fields are full, cops are lethaling. It's wasteland but better) and anything in-between works as well. Most of the time the server is less than %30 gangs and more randoms, and the island is tiny, so you're more likely to run into people. 

Stratis can be both a tightly-knit community and an RDM-hellhole. I play both as civ and cop there, and I love it, and I'm sure there are many others who enjoy playing 5 for the same reasons as me. 

(in the evenings and on weekends the server is usually 15-40 people, which is pretty damn good considering that we have a fraction of the landmass to cover)
12312724.png 

Edited by Kowalski
Matrixar likes this

I am going to play devils favorite douchebag for a moment. If people really need Meth on Stratis to stay on there. Do we really need them on there?

I'd rather have the influx of Chinese people screaming in their foreign language and " No Engrish " responses than greedy Altis gangs and people coming to just do uncontested meth and kill every regular Stratis player for their own shits and giggles.

I will miss Meth runs, I will miss the easy money but I'd rather  suggest one thing. Move the oil rig where the sea turtles are and move the processing up close to and you've replaced Meth with a legal job that does just as well to attract money and people.

Edited by Mc Duushe
47 minutes ago, Mc Duushe said:

I am going to play devils favorite douchebag for a moment. If people really need Meth on Stratis to stay on there. Do we really need them on there?

I'd rather have the influx of Chinese people screaming in their foreign language and " No Engrish " responses than greedy Altis gangs and people coming to just do uncontested meth and kill every regular Stratis player for their own shits and giggles.

I will miss Meth runs, I will miss the easy money but I'd rather  suggest one thing. Move the oil rig where the sea turtles are and move the processing up close to and you've replaced Meth with a legal job that does just as well to attract money and people.

I don't really look at it that way.  It's not that meth exactly keeps them there, but as if right now there is very few ways to sustain your income so you can keep having fun.  If you have to go on Altis to make money, it impacts population which then when people see Stratis on the server list and see its population, then they will go play on Altis.

It doesn't have to be meth, though I think that would be a good start.  The way jobs work on Stratis should probably be changed in general and maybe completely unique jobs.  Where instead of Gathering + Processor + Sell it is Gather + Sell.  This frees up map room and makes doing any kind of job on Stratis a hell of a lot less risky.  Either way, moral of the story is that if people are going to play on Stratis you need a way to keep a steady income rolling in so you can actually play the game.

8 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

People aren't playing it because there nobody on, which contributes to it being under populated.  it's a vicious cycle.  Outright removing it wouldn't be good at all.  I just think if there is a few good ways to make money, you would see a huge difference in population just from that.  Meth got removed but there was no good alternative, meth doesn't have to necessarily have to come back, but there needs to be things to replace it. 

What all the admins need to do is reconsider all money making methods, they need to sit down and go through them 1 by 1 and make adjustments. Proves how bad money making is on Asylum if people simply don't play on a server because it doesn't have meth.

Sure Asylum is the best server when it comes to unique ways of making money (stomping on leaves for example) but by far one of the worst server when it comes to variety in money making methods in terms of final payout.

Every single Illegal drug par Meth is pointless doing. They're are in centralised locations close to public areas and main roads, they take a long time to do and pay out fuck all for all the time and risk you spent doing it. At the end of the day, people just return to Meth and Excavating. 

Same for legal methods, par Excavating and Crafting vermins, everything else is just not worth doing due to similar factors, time and payout. A huge balancing update has to happen to actually get different money making methods shuffled around, some buffed, some fixed etc..

DP missions are great, but crates are buggy so not worth doing. Does animal hunting even work yet? Turtles are still buggy to collect. Still need to try Alcohol but from what i've heard, again not worth it compared to excavating/meth.

On ‎2016‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 11:59 PM, Kowalski said:

I'll make a few points:

1. METH. Gangs love it, cops love it. It's a fast way to make money, be it by selling OR seizing. And now that banks and gangs have money cap, there really is no reason not to add it back. It will bring both gangs and cops to the server. If it needs to be nerfed, simply make gathering/processing take longer. 

HOWEVER. It's also true that with meth available the server also becomes an aids-hive of Altis players coming there to pull a bunch of hemmits and make a quick buck. So in reality, it depends on Statistics, and whether 90% of the server is doing flawless meth runs instead of actually playing.

2. ALCOHOL. Berry bushes grow all around Stratis. Assuming the berries are in the grape family, they can be fermented and aged into wine...a fairly weak beverage...which can then be distilled into brandy! It'd be a great S5-Exclusive.

3. The population: Honestly, my favorite pattern is a fluctuating server population. There are moments when the server is nearly empty(good for mong gangs ghost-capping turfs), and nearly-full(Agia is complete anarchy, drug fields are full, cops are lethaling. It's wasteland but better) and anything in-between works as well. Most of the time the server is less than %30 gangs and more randoms, and the island is tiny, so you're more likely to run into people. 

Stratis can be both a tightly-knit community and an RDM-hellhole. I play both as civ and cop there, and I love it, and I'm sure there are many others who enjoy playing 5 for the same reasons as me. 

(in the evenings and on weekends the server is usually 15-40 people, which is pretty damn good considering that we have a fraction of the landmass to cover)
12312724.png 

I love that idea with brandy

On 1/16/2016 at 11:20 AM, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

People aren't playing it because there nobody on, which contributes to it being under populated.  it's a vicious cycle.   

This is the most accurate answer in my opinion.  A lot of people I know including myself want to play on S5.  But then we see 10/100 and decide on another server.

We should have "Stratis Saturdays" or something to get people on in numbers.

Kowalski and blinky like this
9 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I am starting to pack for Tanoa guys, selling my houses and my wife on Stratis. Tanoa here we come.

Same here.

Unfortunately I think that will spell disaster for Stratis and will become a complete and baron ghost town more than it already is once there is a Asylum Tanoa server.