PC build (need feedback)

Vortex

1 hour ago, Sugarfoot said:

I dont know a whole lot on the new skylake technology, but the cpu GHZ is a little low unless you plan on over clocking it (Or if skylake has something to it that im missing)

You cant overclock that cpu. its locked. and you cannot overclock on that motherboard since its an H series.

Honsetly thats a good build. i would not recommend a Skylake procesor if you are going for a budget build since those components are still a bit to exspensive. the only thing i would change out is the SSD to a Samsung 850.

I just checked and you can get a cheap Mobo and ddr3 ram for 30 dollars more http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FbwJ6h id say go with that insted

But i dont belive you will get 60 FPS on asylum. that testing is probably dont on a Single play mission.

Edited by Norwegianviking
Just now, Norwegianviking said:

You cant overclock that cpu. its locked. and you cannot overclock on that motherboard since its an H series.

Honsetly thats a good build. i would not recommend a Skylake procesor if you are going for a budget build since those components are still a bit to exspensive. the only thing i would change out is the SSD to a Samsung 850.

But i dont belive you will get 60 FPS on asylum. that testing is probably dont on a Single play mission.

LTT said in one of there CES videos that a skylake Mobo is comming out with a nice RTC / multipler controller on the motherboard to allow non-k's to be oc'd (i believe it was asus.. someone who knows the manufacturer should speak up)

also there is this:

Oc'n non K skylakes.

I have a very similar build. I am running with the i5-4690k with a H80i cooler. The CPU overclocked to 4.0ghz (from 3.5ghz). By the time the server is going to restart, my FPS low is 40 in towns. Generally I see it range from 60 to 80 FPS. 

Video settings (same settings when streaming) https://gyazo.com/f50867738f1e4394c98a3fed4fe107a3 and https://gyazo.com/6c1cd76fc66b628f07732a1f4f605c13

Some things to consider, I am also streaming at 1080p 30fps at 3400kb/s so that takes a good chunk of the performance.

If you decide to go with the 6600, remember you have to change that mobo and get some DDR4 ram. You can get a mobo that supports DDR3 and the 6th gen processors, but without ddr4, its not worth it.

Another note, if you get a unlocked processor, such as the 4690k, you will also need to swap that mobo for one with a z97 chipset.

Lastly, the parts you did pick are solid. They will give you a really good performance in ARMA.

1 minute ago, Reavantos said:

LTT said in one of there CES videos that a skylake Mobo is comming out with a nice RTC / multipler controller on the motherboard to allow non-k's to be oc'd (i believe it was asus.. someone who knows the manufacturer should speak up)

also there is this:

Oc'n non K skylakes.

I know. but theres a resion why they have locked CPUs, and thats becouse they are not made to be overclocked. And yes it was asus that did that but as Linus exsplained is that intel might refuse them to publish them

Reavantos likes this

It's pretty much impossible to run asylum altis life at 60fps so don't be disappointed when you're running at 30-45fps in towns I can guarantee you won't get a solid 60fps ever in mp servers. Also a different cpu would be a good option for arma

Edited by Enclave
2 hours ago, [?] Abzie said:

Arma is CPU intensive, the specs are solid, but the CPU is a bit weak. I'd aim for the 6600 personally. If budget allows, get the best CPU you can afford (i4790k is still viable, or 6700k if you have cash coming out your arse)

6700k is hella cheap. it's like 400$. I am not one to speak though, considering both my pc's cost around 3000$. I run Arma on Ultra with a I7 6700k skylake, dual GTX 980 ti's 32GB of DDR4 Ram and I typically cant throw a game at this pc without getting atleast 60 fps.

This is my first pc to build so looking into this feedback bigtime, i want my budget to be maxed at $1,500, with tax returns coming and overtime rolling in, its gonne be worth it to me, right now im playing on a 2 year old laptop and it runs the game, but multiplayer is really ehhhhh with it so looking to upgrade to something that can rune MP on arma 3 without issues

2 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

The whole pc imo is just not good. You're saving money on very important parts for more raw power

No. This is someone's first build, and as a base to start with, there is nothing wrong with it, but if it's sole purpose is to play arma, a better CPU will be needed.

Not everyone has to spend hundreds or thousands for quad-sli titans with dual cpu mobos running 6700k's just for a few more frames...

Just now, Abzie said:

No. This is someone's first build, and as a base to start with, there is nothing wrong with it, but if it's sole purpose is to play arma, a better CPU will be needed.

Not everyone has to spend hundreds or thousands for quad-sli titans with dual cpu mobos running 6700k's just for a few more frames...

lol

cyberpower defaults to a trash psu that's terrible and will ruin your shit after a long period of time

the mobo is ass and he's wasting 1k now instead of investing another 300 so that he can just upgrade not replace everything

17 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

lol

cyberpower defaults to a trash psu that's terrible and will ruin your shit after a long period of time

the mobo is ass and he's wasting 1k now instead of investing another 300 so that he can just upgrade not replace everything

EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply "Trash PSU"

ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Entry level, but fine to begin with. Fully featured for a beginner/mid board.

Maybe the OP is already breaking the bank for this build and pls read the specs

Edited by Abzie
2 minutes ago, Abzie said:

EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply "Trash PSU"

ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Entry level, but fine to begin with. Fully featured for a beginner/mid board.

Maybe the OP is already breaking the bank for this build and pls read the specs

lmfao

ok those are totally the specs that are in that pc with a LGA1151 CPU and a 600w apexia powersupply

lolololollolo

On 1/18/2016 at 5:20 PM, Austin S. said:

So this is my first build, thinking about doing this one, claims to run arma at ultra with 60+ fps.. Think this would be a decent build? 

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/pWzKHx/800-gaming-pc-nvidiaintel

Just now, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

lmfao

ok those are totally the specs that are in that pc with a LGA1151 CPU and a 600w apexia powersupply

lolololollolo

Wires crossed much? Or too much 25 year Scotch?

so doing some further research and this is what i got so far, give me feedback on what can be improved and with what

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k 4.0 GHz ( 64 bit Quad-Core Processor )
Memory: 16 GB
Storage: 2 TB HDD + 120 GB SSD
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB
Power Supply: 600W
Motherboard: Intel Z170