Recording Programs

Bersabee

Hi guys, im thinking of starting to record some gameplay and was wondering which recording softwares I should use. I have fraps installed but it kills my fps in towns. I refuse to use bandicam because its aids too. Ive tried shadowplay but it wouldnt work for certain reasons. Is there any other options i can use? I want it to record ig sounds and ts for example, not just ig.

Ps: Ive recently factory reset my computer so havent retried Shadow play.

Just now, Zoex said:

I use OBS, its fantastic, you can also use replay buffer over there so it will have "Shadowplay style" of a recording, I personally use it for both recording and streaming, love it.

The problem with OBS is it uses the same codec that shadowplay uses, so if shadowplay won't record, neither will OBS under the same circumstances. Unless you use CPU based encoding (which is bad for arma).

Just now, RiverThrough said:

If you play in fullscreen windowed shadowplay...

Already touched on that :) 

Obs multiplatform which is the rebuilt version of obs is pretty awesome in the sense that you can add multiple push to talk keys. If you are like me and prefer to set your recording software to push to talk instead of having it continuously picking up your every breath but communicate with different hotkeys in game and teamspeak/discord then you realize you need more than one push to talk key set in order for whatever recording software you are using to pick up everything you say, shadowplay only allows 1 push to talk key, and obs only allows 2.

Looked into plays.tv which was recommended here and realize it also only allows one push to talk key which is a bummer