Shadowplay causing minimal input lag

I've always felt I completely turn off Nvidia GeForce and shadowplay, not only does my FPS go up, but so does my ability to aim an react quick. I am very in tune to minimal input lag and lag in general, having played pc games for 12-13 years now. Does anyone else notice this? Unfortunately I hate not recording but performance > montages / comp for my competitive ego xD.

anyone else notice this or have alternatives they use? Maybe time to set up my camcorder to record again.

Xehons likes this
Just now, krickenBacker said:

Why not put it to ssd, maybe if on hdd instead of ssd it won't lag my game when I do my 10 minute key either.

Writing to an SSD constantly with programs like shadowplay will hasten  its MTTF and will cause your game to have that performance impact your seeing. Record to a 7200 rpm hdd with a large cache and it will have minimal fps impact. I see a max decrease of 2-3 fps on my system.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
5 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

Why not put it to ssd, maybe if on hdd instead of ssd it won't lag my game when I do my 10 minute key either.

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Writing to an SSD constantly with programs like shadowplay will hasten  its MTTF and will cause your game to have that performance impact your seeing. Record to a 7200 rpm hdd with a large cache and it will have minimal fps impact. I see a max decrease of 2-3 fps on my system.

reece.JPG

18 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Yeah I never thought of this I'll try it right away today. Cheers matie

46 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

This is correct the only thing you will notice is a stutter lag when you save the videos, which can just be countered by only save when its safe.

However the "impact" is so small its not worth the time for most people except Kryp

Edited by Sugarfoot