Horrible Initation

I was playing on a server just doing some mining.  Keep in mind I had a 50K bounty.   

All of a sudden I received a text saying - Hands up or die, I looked around and thought nothing of it and just kept mining.  About one mining run later while I was standing there I was all of a sudden shot and taken to the courthouse by a BountyHunter.   He said he initiated with a text message, but it was 15 minutes old.  

Is this type of poor roleplay allowed? It was not fun at ALL, and some of my friends told me BountyHunters are doing this now so it is not RDM. 

Initiation by text is allowed, but it has to be done within 5 minutes of the text being sent. If it was longer then 5 minutes, and they shot you without another text (or another form of initiation), that is RDM and should be reported in the Player Report section of the forum.

Edited by Coyote
3 hours ago, BountyHunta said:

All of a sudden I received a text saying - Hands up or die, I looked around and thought nothing of it and just kept mining. 

55 minutes ago, BountyHunta said:

@Sean That Irish Guy   Lol why do I need video to ask a question about initiation.  It's not like I'm trying to have the guy banned.  I posted it here for a reason.

Because of the above quote. No one shrugs off that especially with a 50k bounty.

5 hours ago, HapHazard said:

When will people learn that doing stuff with a bounty almost never ends well. Lol

When it's proper roleplay, it's all part of the fun.  Knowing i'm on the run, several people want to kill me, it adds to the whole atmosphere of the game.   

And even if I wanted to clear it, most of the time I can't :P

Edited by BountyHunta
14 hours ago, BountyHunta said:

When it's proper roleplay, it's all part of the fun.  Knowing i'm on the run, several people want to kill me, it adds to the whole atmosphere of the game.   

I get that. I was just being general in the sense that I've seen posts before where people bitch about not being able to do drug runs because cops always get them.  Only to find out they had a bounty and because if that, were pinging the cops. 

Reformed Katheeri likes this
15 hours ago, BountyHunta said:

Well you got the action you wanted and ended up in jail. Did you really expect the BH to walk up to you and negotiate your surrender with a 50k bounty on your head?

6 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Well you got the action you wanted and ended up in jail. Did you really expect the BH to walk up to you and negotiate your surrender with a 50k bounty on your head?

Sorry I don't understand how you have come to this conclusion.  

I did not get the action I wanted because I was just RDM'ed.   If he would have done PROPER initation i would have gotten the action I wanted.