BR Event (Gang wars)

Battle Royale, yay or nay?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Battle Royale in the upcoming gang wars?

• Yes
    • No

I created this poll so that we can get a picture on how much it is wanted to have a Battle Royale style of an event for the upcoming gang wars. 

Quote from @Reapered

" The suggestion I have is that we will have 2 different types of games. The first game will be a battle royal type gamemode where we will gear everybody up and give maximum 2 ifrits and place every team on the edge of a map (cocaine castle, sofia, kavala etc.) We would have a zone that gets smaller every 10-20 minutes. Last team standing wins. Depending on how many gangs sign up would be how we decide who moves on to the next round. Example, lets say theres 10 gangs that sign up. We would do 2 battle royal games with 5 teams in each game, and whoever wins the match would move on to the finals and would play a regular bo3 cartel match. "

Edited by Heidelberg
Silver-Spy likes this

If you're going to make this poll, people need to know why I think this battle royal format is the best choice for this upcoming gang wars. 

I'm just going to copy my response I gave to Tom, who wants the format to be bo1 up until finals. 

"With that format you would have scenarios where teams are put at a disadvantaged side and would complain that it wasn't fair after they lost their first game.

That's why bo3 works, because both teams get to defend and attack but unfortunately we can't do bo3 because of time issues. 

You need to think about the whole picture, how long does this event need to go on for, what's the most fair format for every team etc..

I'm only trying to find a solution that's best for everybody, and I personally think my battle royal idea is that solution. It's something new and I think it would be exciting and it solves the time issues. 

Give me actual criticism of why you think it's a bad idea."

To be honest @Reapered. Random fighting locations, Battle royale style, coin flip for all kinds of things, all that, needs to stop or were going to ruin the event that everyone has been dying to have for the longest time now. I don't think any of those ideas are bad, I just strongly believe that Asylum gangs just want to have a simple, streamlined tournament at the 3 main cartel caps. Nothing more, nothing less.

If this becomes a regular thing, I don't see why expanding on the communities ideas later would be an issue. But to get this off the ground this time and make it as little of a headache for @Mitch (IFRIT) we need to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) 

Mitch (IFRIT) and Google™ like this
Just now, Roicesb said:

To be honest @Reapered. Random fighting locations, Battle royale style, coin flip for all kinds of things, all that, needs to stop or were going to ruin the event that everyone has been dying to have for the longest time now. I don't think any of those ideas are bad, I just strongly believe that Asylum gangs just want to have a simple, streamlined tournament at the 3 main cartel caps. Nothing more, nothing less.

If this becomes a regular thing, I don't see why expanding on the communities ideas later would be an issue. But to get this off the ground this time and make it as little of a headache for @Mitch (IFRIT) we need to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) 

I think people still don't understand why I suggested this in the first place. It's not because it's what I think people want or its the best format, it's to solve 2 big problems Mitch currently faces.

Time and fairness to every team.

He doesn't have the time to do bo3 for every team. That leaves us with the bo1 for half the gang wars, and I just wanted to avoid people bitching who lost the first round after having to defend church or any other disadvantaged sides.

But as I said previously, it seems people have no problem with that bo1 format. 

Edited by Reapered
Just now, Reapered said:

I think people still don't understand why I suggested this in the first place. It's not because it's what I think people want or its the best format, it's to solve 2 big problems Mitch currently faces.

He doesn't have the time to do bo3 for every team. That leaves us with the bo1 for half the gang wars, and I just wanted to avoid people bitching who lost the first round after having to defend church or any other disadvantaged sides.

But as I said previously, it seems people have no problem with that bo1 format. 

Battle Royale is random isn't it? How's that fair :(

Just now, Reapered said:

Adding in the other stuff seems time consuming to me. And I feel like its much easier to keep things "fair" when there are only the 3 caps gangs already fight at. No one can complain if they lose at OG, Church or meth. Everyone attacks and defends those caps all the time. People truly want simplicity, I think thats all I really need to say. 

Just now, Google™ said:

Battle Royale is random isn't it? How's that fair :(

Yes while it was random, it wouldn't be as punishing as  pubg. You would have 2 ifrits at your disposal and the zone wouldn't get near as small as your normal pubg game. Probably the smallest would be the size OG arms area. Maybe in the future after this is done, ill try and convince Mitch to host something like this. Just to see how it would go.

Edited by Reapered
Heidelberg and Google™ like this
Just now, Reapered said:

Yes while it was random, it wouldn't be as punishing as  pubg. You would have 2 ifrits at your disposal and the zone wouldn't get near as small as your normal pubg game. Probably the smallest would be the size OG arms area. Maybe in the future after this is done, ill try and convince Mitch to host something like this. Just to see how it would go.

Creating an event out of that idea could be something nice aswell.