Question about rules

I'm not sure where to post this, but I was just curious what the rules are regarding people who use zip ties. How long are you allowed to detain someone? For example, if Mineral processing and I decide to rob someone, am I allowed zip tie them and pick lot their car and then leave them? A link to the rules regarding this would be great. Thanks.

All the rules regarding the server are found here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/29-game-play-rules/

Leaving someone restrained in the middle of nowhere is technically allowed, but they do get unrestrained automatically after 10 minutes. If you decide to keep someone hostage you have to ask their permission to keep them after 10 minutes, otherwise they can just log out if they do not want to stay but only after 10 minutes being held hostage.

6 hours ago, Robbo said:

Basically what has been said above is correct. I like kidnapping people taking them to the Forrest for a BBQ :D

Can you restrain people at any time ? Like if someone just puts their hands up you can ziptie them, or when someone is downed by cops/civs, can you you restrain them without initiation ?|
Also if you log on someone after being restrained for 10 minutes and get reported for CL, do you need to provide a video of 10 minute showing you restrained ?

Restraints will break after 10 mins so there is no need to "log" on anyone. Unless they are cop restraints and if you've been in cop restraints for 10 mins then it's their own fault for leaving you. 

As for the ther question, I personally only restrain people I have initiated on or my group are in a situation, say for instance someone has ran to grab a drink and not noticed you restrain them no hostile imitation has been started so, it's a crap move but there's nothing against it. 

If you restrain a person after a cop has downed them if you run off with them you'll probs get charged with unlawful detainment or even kidnapping or aiding escape from custody. Most of what you asked is situational tbh. 

On 12/22/2016 at 1:01 PM, Cynica said:

Want more fun? Blindfold them and then unrestrain them. Proceed to watch them run around like a chicken with their head cutoff.

On 12/22/2016 at 0:23 AM, Berus said:

i don't think the restrained guy thinks the same

some people deserve timeouts for being bad...

On 2016-12-17 at 9:46 PM, Robbo said:

Restraints will break after 10 mins so there is no need to "log" on anyone. Unless they are cop restraints and if you've been in cop restraints for 10 mins then it's their own fault for leaving you. 

As for the ther question, I personally only restrain people I have initiated on or my group are in a situation, say for instance someone has ran to grab a drink and not noticed you restrain them no hostile imitation has been started so, it's a crap move but there's nothing against it. 

If you restrain a person after a cop has downed them if you run off with them you'll probs get charged with unlawful detainment or even kidnapping or aiding escape from custody. Most of what you asked is situational tbh. 

What if you a civ with a 2$ bounty and the cop  gets banned. You get arrested if you log and someone will put you in a house and youwill have to get arrested by logging and lossing all your guns

2 hours ago, Robbo said:

I am not sure what your question means to be honest. 

What he was trying to say:

What if you are wanted for 2$ a cop restrains you and processes you but disapears somehow. Would he have to combatlog to go to jail and lose his gun or get arrested by someone else.

So @Nicolas March for your question: 

If a cop restrains you and leaves you somehow, the restrains also break after 10 mins if there are no cops in the area. Cops in general should always try to fetch anyone in restrains if they are left somehow.

BioHazard, Steve and Robbo like this
On 12/25/2016 at 11:30 PM, Midamaru said:

What he was trying to say:

What if you are wanted for 2$ a cop restrains you and processes you but disapears somehow. Would he have to combatlog to go to jail and lose his gun or get arrested by someone else.

So @Nicolas March for your question: 

If a cop restrains you and leaves you somehow, the restrains also break after 10 mins if there are no cops in the area. Cops in general should always try to fetch anyone in restrains if they are left somehow.

What Mida said, they should break but if the cop vanishes then normally they will have someone else come deal with you if they have a bit of common sense.

BioHazard and Midamaru like this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18.12.2016 at 3:46 AM, Robbo said:

Cop restrains go off automatically as soon as no cops are within 500m right?

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, Nicolas March said:

What if you a civ with a 2$ bounty and the cop  gets banned. You get arrested if you log and someone will put you in a house and youwill have to get arrested by logging and lossing all your guns

Nothing you say ever makes sense....Please just delete your forum account and throw your computer out the window.

Thanks,

Asylum Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTc--4jz0GQ

Edited by Phil.