4FPS Memory leak bug

Wang Liqin

On 3/9/2016 at 0:56 PM, Millar said:

Normally if i soft log it fixes it for me, But thats for me ,  sometimes if you switch to window mode then switch back to full screen  it fixes it also. But it might now work for you , its suggestions tho :)

This worked once for me, may work more for others.

52 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Atleast your PC dont get blue screen. Only time my PC blue screen is when I play the modded server. 

Dude my PC literally crashes over. and over and over TIME AFTER TIME its not like my specs are bad either;

GTX 970

i7 4970k

16gb ram 

I shouldnt be having these issues...

1 hour ago, Wang Liqin said:

Has anyone got a type of fix to stop this annoying af problem or know a way to reduce it? 

All of these are unproven and unofficial, just things I've noticed or that have been suggested by others, take them all with a grain of salt.

Make sure you use the noLogs startup param. There is a bad shader in one of the mods that spams your logs, so turning them off can help, it won't prevent the memory leak, but it seems to make it more rare. To turn off, in launch go params then advanced then check the no logging box.

Alt+Tab at the first sign of trouble. I have no idea why or how this works, but it does. When your comp starts to chug, alt tab and give it a second. When you come back, it's gone completely. Just note that this one is kind of inconsistent. Of the 4 total times I got the memory leak yesterday, this one saved me from two of them. It also worked for Goldberg at least once. 

Driving. Not sure about everyone else, but in my experience the driver of the car is the one who gets the leak and the leak almost exclusively happens when in transit. So if you've been having this issue a lot, might be best to let someone else drive for a while. 

Hope these suggestions help. When does everyone find that this bug happens? Any patterns emerging yet?

Wang Liqin likes this
19 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

All of these are unproven and unofficial, just things I've noticed or that have been suggested by others, take them all with a grain of salt.

Make sure you use the noLogs startup param. There is a bad shader in one of the mods that spams your logs, so turning them off can help, it won't prevent the memory leak, but it seems to make it more rare. To turn off, in launch go params then advanced then check the no logging box.

Alt+Tab at the first sign of trouble. I have no idea why or how this works, but it does. When your comp starts to chug, alt tab and give it a second. When you come back, it's gone completely. Just note that this one is kind of inconsistent. Of the 4 total times I got the memory leak yesterday, this one saved me from two of them. It also worked for Goldberg at least once. 

Driving. Not sure about everyone else, but in my experience the driver of the car is the one who gets the leak and the leak almost exclusively happens when in transit. So if you've been having this issue a lot, might be best to let someone else drive for a while. 

Hope these suggestions help. When does everyone find that this bug happens? Any patterns emerging yet?

I will try these out but the driving thing you mentioned seems to be right, always the driver.

5 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

Has anyone got a type of fix to stop this annoying af problem or know a way to reduce it? 

Romulus and I get the leak every once in awhile and its while we are driving only. When we get it we just stop, hop out, and lay down for a minute and sometimes it fixes it. The leak is strange how random things can fix the issue but no one knows a for sure way to stop it.