Gun Audio is Atrocious!?

Okay so I've played a lot of gun games fps tps computer/console xbox ps everything u can think of where u shoot something I've logged decent hours on. And Arma 3/Altis Life has to have the worse Gun Sounds of any game ever. I appreciate how they make it sound different when guns are at a distance but its not done well I can tell excactly where shots are coming from on other games based on the audio but Arma it just seems like its louder or quieter depending on how far away no directional info. Also not to mention the guns literally sounds like a twig snapping or a pop gun... what is with the quality on gun sounds it is like a joke I could find better Gun Audio on Google than BI... anyone else frustrated with how bad the gun sounds are?? I think it gives a way better feel to the game when you really feel like your firing a gun rather than just getting a random audio sound when u fire to know u shot. they may as well add in baby giggling when I shoot or any random audio since they don't seem to care as long as you have some info that tells you your shooting.

1 minute ago, Haych said:

wat

Lol I hid behind that same rock in one of the clips lol. nice montage. i guess the bigger guns sound a bit better but still from afar i don't think so. I want the audio from the guys u killed cuz i bet they heard 100% pop gun

1 minute ago, CrossFade said:

im more concerned you think its funny that you got babs banned and put it as your sig :/ kids these days....

I do think its funny crossfade cuz I didn't script at all its being reviewed now but I def didn't script. why script when im so very active on boards i love Altis life I wouldn't risk a ban look how many posts and shit I have and i've only been here a few weeks. im def not hacker so yes i made this my sig cuz I think its ironic that I get banned when I never even tried to run scripts nor would I ever risk getting banned from something I am on everyday practically.

Just now, eric91611 said:

I do think its funny crossfade cuz I didn't script at all its being reviewed now but I def didn't script. why script when im so very active on boards i love Altis life I wouldn't risk a ban look how many posts and shit I have and i've only been here a few weeks. im def not hacker so yes i made this my sig cuz I think its ironic that I get banned when I never even tried to run scripts nor would I ever risk getting banned from something I am on everyday practically.

^^ sounds like a hacker trying to defend himself :D    its not funny..

BioHazard likes this

I used to hate Arma's gun shot noises, but then I learned that they're realistic.  Yes it is hard at first to tell where shots are coming from, but realize this: the gun itself will make a sound when shot, but the bullet also will make a sound on impact.  So that "twig snapping" you hear is most likely the sound of the bullet hitting the ground/tree/rock next to you.  

The tricky part is that all rifle caliber weapons will have supersonic rounds, meaning the bullet is going to reach you before the sound of the gun shot reaches you.  So (given your aggressor is far enough away from you) you should hear the "twig snap" sound of the bullet hit the ground near you, THEN you will hear the metallic gunshot "bang" off in the direction your aggressor is in.  Learn to tell the difference between those two sounds, draw a line between where you heard the two sounds and bingo, there's your enemy.

Oh yeah and Bohemia made those sounds, not any Altis Life community.

1- Please learn the English language, or any language, to the extent that you can effectively communicate your ideas.

2- Arma's sounds are incredibly realistic since the update.  They're probably the best I've ever heard in a game.  I take it that you've never heard a gun shot in real life, and are basing your "realism" on what you've heard in Call of Duty. 

< I was the first person to say the new sounds suck ass and yada yada ya , but hear me out. Once you get used to the noise , not only can you still find the direction , but the magnitude of the sound gives you a hint to how far it is.

Sure the old sound sounds better, but i couldn't tell how far a  guy was from the shot as well as the new ones. I think it works out decently

Eric916 and Olivia like this

In arma you have 3 different sound effects from gunfire:

1. Bullet impacts

2. Supersonic cracks from  bullets breaking the sound barrier

3. Mussle sound from weapons.

Once you learn which is what and how they work you should be able to distinguish exactly where shots are comming from. Unless you're dead already of course.

Olivia likes this