Reasons to bring back night time

I agree, if they found a way to bring back a night time, that's dark enough to be considered night time but you can still see without needing nvg's  would be perfect. I know on server 6 they made it so the last 30 or so minutes of restart, it was night time so if we could have that 30 minutes per restart it would be great

21 minutes ago, AyoItsThalia said:

I agree, if they found a way to bring back a night time, that's dark enough to be considered night time but you can still see without needing nvg's  would be perfect. I know on server 6 they made it so the last 30 or so minutes of restart, it was night time so if we could have that 30 minutes per restart it would be great

I actually did some considerable testing on the Arma 3 dev branch with time of day, and even under just about any moonlight / cloud coverage conditions, 4:00 and 20:00 Time of day both meet that condition. Not too dark but just enough to be Night time, and even then, those solid times may be a little TOO dark and require NVGs, but without time acceleration you see daylight come about in just 15 minutes.

Just maybe if there is a way to set TOD limits and/or set randomized TOD starts at server reset, it could be made possible to disable Time acceleration altogether and have different daytimes that really change the lighting throughout resets, making for much more visual variety without bringing back green time.

Edited by Ghost0fDawn

Remove NV's, Remove night time Fog, dont make it pitch black.

There you go. You can still see without any problems but we'll get to enjoy the Apex night time without it being green time.

Dusk/Moonlight Night is beautiful on Arma. however it was all ruined on Asylum because it was foggy 90% of the times at night time.

Edited by Haych
Big Bird, Ghost0fDawn and Blurp like this