Content Wipe (December 2015)

So most of you who were around for the wipe in December were probably pretty pissed off when it happened, and a lot of people lost some things they can't replace (Tarus, houses, "admin" items in crates) ect... I was too;  However looking back and rebuilding actually seemed like it was a good refreshing "restart" for the community.  Inactive houses were freed up, it forces people to at least be somewhat active in a rebuilding stage, and it seemed to actually benefit the community as a whole.

What are your thoughts looking back at it? I know a lot of info was saved so it wasn't a huge loss for some, but for others they took a pretty big hit.  

Brendon Smith likes this

It sucked, but literally all I lost was my garage, which I was comped for..I even kept my house, crates and all items in them. I did lose my original rebel offroad from late 2014 though, that sucked. Let's not forget, even with the shit talk and stabs I throw at them, the tremendous job the entire staff did at recovering what they could and getting through the comp requests as quickly as possible. Working in the IT field I know just how fucking close we were to having absolutely nothing to start over with. I'm far from a brown noser, but fucking incredible job from the entire staff at the time.

Edited by Furnie Mack
Just now, SheriffJohnBeard said:

It's not like you had it cash either way. 

+Ranga had way more $$$ than that. Betting in CSGO was truly outrageous 

Betting in CS was way easier but I've made ~2.5k from selling asylum money. And I could have it in cash, send it to bank account and go withdraw into cash if I want.

Just now, SheriffJohnBeard said:

lol as long as you got clients, keep raking in that dough. If they are willing to pay, fuck it!

Not really worth it anymore. Wish I was doing it back when it sold for $10/100k. Now people will only pay $4/5, 6/7 is where I draw the line of it being worth it.

5 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Damn the week or so after sucked so much. I don't know how many hours I spent standing at Athira DMV handing out comp and making Athira rebel a safe zone so people could by their stuff back

You fucked up and gave me like 120 million if you remember, when I was only getting comped 7 or something.  I should have deposited it. :kappa:

Tiger likes this
12 hours ago, iFox said:

a lot of people lost some things they can't replace (Tarus)

What are your thoughts looking back at it? I know a lot of info was saved so it wasn't a huge loss for some, but for others they took a pretty big hit.  

I still miss my Taru's.

Taru's were love. Taru's were life.

I was relatively new to the server when it happened. 

The wipe showed me how amazing the Admins on Asylum where dealing with such a huge blow. Any other community would of either shut down, or refused to give comp because it would of been so much work, trust me, I know from experience.