Require tags for Gang War

Hello everyone, 

I feel that if you are going to be in a gang war you need to be tagged up with whatever gang you are affiliated with. IMHO it causes a good amount of confusion when you are killed by an un-tagged player. I feel it should be the same way for group members as well or at least make the player's name visible in a selected group, in the group list menu, so when for instance you're fighting a gang by the name Kavala trollz with [KT] as their tag and then some dude with the tags for Salt Bringerz [SB] comes and kills you and then says he was apart of the KT group. How in the fuck are you suppose to associate the 2 are working together???

Please leave your thoughts below. Please refrain from causing any sort of argument. I just want opinions whether they are in agreement or disagreement. THANKS!

Edited by Ebola
5 minutes ago, DankMemes™ said:

As far as I know, you don't have to have tags on. Thats why people's names are red.

I don't think this would ever become a rule.

3 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

The names are red, so it doesn't make much of a difference imo.

Only problem is that war enemies don't have red names inside vehicles.

I do agree with both of you guys but isn't it just more clear in wars who to shoot on sight and who not?

--

Anyway i +1 this idea.

5 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

The names are red, so it doesn't make much of a difference imo.

Only problem is that war enemies don't have red names inside vehicles.

Honestly feels this goes beyond wars.  Its ridiculous that I can be chasing a car with 3 tagged members and get shot by some random on the side of the road because he is "in the gang" when he not tagged and I have no idea I am even initiated with that person.

Mike Stmria and Eric916 like this

+1 gangs SHOULD tag up, or they should be forced to initiate.

+1 to fixing names being red in cars too..

i also think people shouldnt be allowed to be tagged if they play cop.. so many times ive seen a orca, car and opened fire because im at war with (potato) and theres someone in the car with (potato) tag and it turns out to be cops and next second im/we are swarmed with 20 APD officers. 

Mike Stmria, HotWings and Big Bird like this

I agree and disagree. I change my name so gangs dont pre camp cartels and scummy shit like that. You could fix it by making war enemies tilda red regardless of the structure or vehicle they are in and the problem would be solved.

As for cops, when you tilda a name the gang should pop up nice and big with it. Solves the problem, 

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, ThePun1shed said:

How so?

I agree that its fucking gay to get shot while your RPing or having fun by an untagged guy. At the same time its even worse to log on to a server, the gangs see your tags, camp donor , camp rebel, or PRE camp the cartels so they can kill you when you get there thinking its safe. (Yeah i get that you can approach it cautiously its still gay though). I even remade my gang name on 2 to a troll gang name just so i could get to a cartel without someone waiting there.

Cops get the shit end of it all, thats why i propose that we make tilda's red in cars and tilda's whom show gang names as well.

Ebola likes this

Thanks for the replies so far. I understand that the names are red. But for example I could be driving the down the MSR in Kavala and some dude named Michael pops me out of the driver's seat cause he sees DS clan tag and I'm there like uhh wtf only for it to later turn out that he was a "new recruit" in a rival gang or in a troll gang with no tags. What I am getting at here is that I would like to see implemented that if you are apart of a gang but don't have tags you need to initiate or find some sort of identification. 

- My other point is the whole group member initiation. I can be in a group of 10 people with untagged names who are just banded together for the time being. Make it so where that you view the current members of the group so if im in pyrgos and some dude tries to rob me and  I kill him I dont die 3 mins later to some Dbag who was in his group.

I wrote up some code to entertain this concept:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447356124349953095/E81DE5091A4F991B2FA8951CF25C5153A775FC09/

In a test environment I spawned a couple of NPCs and stuck them in a car. The modified nametag script takes their gang name, and uses the first letter of every word to create a tag. If the gang name was only one word, it used the first and last letter of that word.

In the screenshot case, the gang name of the first guy is "Dank Memes", while the gang name of the second guy was simply "Memez".

Additionally implementing the same concept in death messages, I believe this would allow players to tell who is really in the gang of who.

3 minutes ago, KBW said:

I wrote up some code to entertain this concept:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447356124349953095/E81DE5091A4F991B2FA8951CF25C5153A775FC09/

In a test environment I spawned a couple of NPCs and stuck them in a car. The modified nametag script takes their gang name, and uses the first letter of every word to create a tag. If the gang name was only one word, it used the first and last letter of that word.

In the screenshot case, the gang name of the first guy is "Dank Memes", while the gang name of the second guy was simply "Memez".

Additionally implementing the same concept in death messages, I believe this would allow players to tell who is really in the gang of who.

@Paratus Can you please just bring this dude in. If you aren't going to bother fixing some gamebreaking bugs we have, let this dude do them.

I know my fair way around custom skins, but I've been told several times, no matter how good of skins the community creates, they will never be implemented. Its a community for a reason, and if someone like KBW is offering free help, especially when he knows what he's doing, I don't see the harm in it.

Edited by Haych
Crow likes this