Medic Try Outs???

This is the way i see it guys medics should have to tryout like cops or give app what ever you want to call it and here is why.Medics never ever do there job for the most part from my 1.5 years of being on this server i only see medics come up to people that need help and take there stuff and maybe help them.Another issue is people as a medic will go and give there stuff away and try to sell it defibrillators etc it is kinda exploit but by having applications put in or tryouts you can get people who care know what there doing unlike these clowns that we have now and if we keep medics the way they are they must have a rule that if there is a certain number in each city they must spread out they all stay in kavala and so then the guy that got shot in pygros cant get help the system is broke use applications and tryouts to fix without these you will get people who dont know what they are doing *Cough Cough*like now.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQh0meitqkZcUd23P_8Mp   Post Your thoughts in the comments do #MakeMedicGreatAgain

@Jigawatt @Stereo  

Edited by Rambunctious cheeto
Nonfiction likes this

I agree and for the most part medics don't usually have mics, it may not seem like the biggest deal but I feel like communication needs to be more necessary. I also always just see medics just going to get a helicopter just to help their gang out on civ, and this can be frustrating when the medic can be less than 100 meters away from you not doing anything but only reviving their gang mates. Also whenever I'm on cop medics always come in the middle of a large gun fight reviving civilians and end up having to be downed as well. The main point is I feel medics are untrained and are really just either newcomers to the server or people trying to get money and not caring half the time if someone needs a bloodbag or splint because they don't get money for it.

Make medic like a bounty system the further you travel the more you get paid. You could even make it to the point where the more shit the person has the larger you get paid. Would increase the want and urgency of a medic to haul ass to a rebel or a cop. You could also give them better vehicles for travel such as hatchsports and maybe hellcats that cant be choped by civilians or driven in. medics could also there own dispatch to call a dead rebel to talk to that person

12 hours ago, Rambunctious cheeto said:

What do you mean non vital you save lives  @Sneaky

Compare medic to the other roles. Cop/rebel>civilian>bounty hunter>medic.

Medical is so plain and simple that it doesn't warrant whitelisting. About a year ago killswitch and I put together an entire ranking system, talent system and list of content changes for medic. It was shot down unfortunately. There are plenty of amazing ideas that have been brushed aside. Asylum has missed out on a lot of chances to capitalize on opportunities for improvement. 

So unless medic is revamped, it wouldn't make sense to whitelist it's current state.

*written on mobile*

explicit likes this

EMT would be amazing if reworked but it most likely will not ever happen.

I remember a thread on the old forums that organized a plethora of ideas and features to rework EMTs and none of it was added...

I am primarily a rebel myself but I play medic every once in a while for the RP. More features and the possibility of whitelisting would be nice but will most likely not happen as the same ideas have been shot down for some two years.

As stated in discussions about this in the past, to make medic worthwhile and justified for whitelisting would have to be something that medics have that other roles do not. Currently, any civ/cop can do what medics do. It would be nice to see a push for something different but as @Sneakysaid, these ideas were shot down a long time ago. Hopefully in the future we can see some updates for the role that has not seen one in a long time. It may seem like a pain in the ass to rework and not so good an idea, but I am sure it would catch on if the right people were put in charge.

Edited by explicit
12 minutes ago, Jonah said:

what if you could type how much you will pay a medic to defib you in your death screen and then when they defib you it takes the money from your bank account and gives it to the medic.

Good idea but not enough to warrant something like a whitelist. A complete revamp is needed in order to make EMT worthwhile. Any role can do what medics do.