Why not add when your vehicle is in the garage and when you click on it. It shows how many km traveled in that vehicle,  so you could have contests with you friend who's traveled the farthest in a suv, orca, ect. I also think this would be a simple yet fun way to get new achievements for example travel 50 km in whatever vehicle class then 500, 5000. These achievements could give cool vehicles skins, but if possible you'd have to find a way that it all tracks the distance with wheels on the ground due to flying cars going 30km in 5 sec. Another factor to add is oncertainly your vehicle is destroyed you will still keep that distance for the achievement, but not be able to see how far it went since it is gone. 

Just an idea off the top of my mind. Seems kinda useless but could be interesting. 

*edit* would be really cool if you traveled some unbelievable distance in that vehicle you could unlock insurance just for that one vehicle maybe 50k or 100k or even 1m km. Just some crazy number that a select few would get like jets.

Edited by Tusken Raider

From a development standpoint; likely not to happen.

Added Database variables; constantly updating database queries, not to mention the added work of keeping track of the distance every vehicle has traveled.

Not sure if it's even possible; but even if it is, I doubt it will happen.