Switching the PO7 to a Five-Seven  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to have the PO7 replaced by the Four-Five

• Yes, i would like to see a Four-Five rather than a PO7
    • No, i dont care or i like the current sidearm

I've talked to several of my fellow officers and i have discussed that using the pistol adds to the roleplay experience but us officers have a pistol that doesnt allow for us to down a man with acceptible amount of rounds going into a criminal. I am here on behalf of serveral APD officers that we should be issued a four-five as our main pistol. The reason why i choose the four-five is because it is a .45 round that can pass through vehicles and mostly tier 2 body armor. this would not only benefit in firefights but also when it comes to Posession of APD equipment. 

Benefits of the four-five:

• Seperates weapons between APD units and Vigilanties
  • More realistic when it comes to downing a suspect/criminal
  • Eliminates the use of rifles and adds to realism for those hardcore APD units (as real cops carry a pistol with them all the time)
  • higher chance of success when it comes to a firefight. (when using a pistol)
  • Gives a reason for APD units to take advantage of the APD secondary.

Cons of the Four-five:

• Less amount of ammo in a magezine
  • Having to add another script that turns the weapon from lethal to downing rounds
  • more people wanting to rob police for their gear

The weapon also is able to have a sight equiped to it, which also will increase the precision of the shooter. SWAT is currently the only available way for police units to use the four-five and from what i have experienced, it had added to the firefight as it has turned to a trustworthy firearm. From recent experience, running out of ammo is a decision of life and death, and currently the po7 isnt a trusted enough weapon to be switched to in a case of life and death.

***If anyone has anything to add to this topic please note it below****

Edited by RambunctiousGamer

High tier post.

And how do you propose this?

You know this is a mission file right?

And even so. .45 is still garbage. Its hardly bigger than a 9mm. And its going slower. Small and fast is how you beat armor. (Most the time not the case in Arma, but the difference is minuscule) 

As for your comment about Armor. You realize that there is no Lvl 1 armor in this game?

Carriers Are lvl 3.

Pretty sure tac is lvl 2

You realize all officers have primaries right? (Actual weapon you mongol career cops that start saying "voice" stfu.) 

And almost all you benefits can easly be refuted. Half them are just your opinion and have no evidence to back it up: 

Seperates weapons between APD units and Vigilanties - Who the fuck cares? (Opinion)

More realistic when it comes to downing a suspect/criminal - you wot? (Opinion)

Eliminates the use of rifles and adds to realism for those hardcore APD units - Never going to be using a .45 vs 6.5 and 300 m. Not even at 1m

higher chance of success when it comes to a firefight. - Doesnt matter if cops cant aim and have no sense of tactics. 

Gives a reason for APD units to take advantage of the APD secondary. - There's still no reason. 

Edited by Axe
7 hours ago, RambunctiousGamer said:

I've talked to several of my fellow officers and i have discussed that using the pistol adds to the roleplay experience but us officers have a pistol that doesnt allow for us to down a man with acceptible amount of rounds going into a criminal. I am here on behalf of serveral APD officers that we should be issued a four-five as our main pistol. The reason why i choose the four-five is because it is a .45 round that can pass through vehicles and mostly tier 1 body armor. this would not only benefit in firefights but also when it comes to Posession of APD equipment. 

Benefits of the four-five:

• Seperates weapons between APD units and Vigilanties
  • More realistic when it comes to downing a suspect/criminal
  • Eliminates the use of rifles and adds to realism for those hardcore APD units (as real cops carry a pistol with them all the time)
  • higher chance of success when it comes to a firefight. (when using a pistol)
  • Gives a reason for APD units to take advantage of the APD secondary.

Cons of the Four-five:

• Less amount of ammo in a magezine
  • Having to add another script that turns the weapon from lethal to downing rounds
  • more people wanting to rob police for their gear

The weapon also is able to have a sight equiped to it, which also will increase the precision of the shooter. SWAT is currently the only available way for police units to use the four-five and from what i have experienced, it had added to the firefight as it has turned to a trustworthy firearm. From recent experience, running out of ammo is a decision of life and death, and currently the po7 isnt a trusted enough weapon to be switched to in a case of life and death.

***If anyone has anything to add to this topic please note it below****

pevSPn4.gif?noredirect

4 hours ago, Mike Santamaria said:

Let's carry no guns like in my contry. PepperGas ftw.

All for the realism and immersion. 

Or we could be like England don't they just carry whistles and beat the living shit out of people when they break the law

On 5/21/2016 at 0:49 AM, KevinOB said:

Is the five-seven a stock arma weapon?

Or are you talking about the 4-five?
Which is a lethal only LT weapon/swat weapon.

The 4-5 is Bohemia's knockoff of the 5-7. Same thing, just termed differently so they won't get sued by FN :) 

Really though, how often do you see cops using a pistol over their rifle? Not often. 

9 minutes ago, Flashpoint said:

The 4-5 is Bohemia's knockoff of the 5-7. Same thing, just termed differently so they won't get sued by FN :) 

Really though, how often do you see cops using a pistol over their rifle? Not often. 

No its not. Its a based off the FN FSP .45 Tactical.

The Five-SeveN is a very very different gun. 20 round magazine and a lower caliber.