APD Rant

Ren Zero

21 minutes ago, Jack Hoff said:

Since my more brief comment apparently went right over everyone's head, here's a more detailed breakdown.  I'm also ashamed I've spent this much time responding to this. Oh well, too late now.

35 minutes ago, Wubz said:

Jamooze made a post about not becoming a corporal of that APD once, and now he's a Captain. What's your point?

Yes, this post just proves how ignorant some of the morons in this community really are to how things work.

Give the kid a chance, it's not like you have anything to lose. I've met some of the 14-15 year olds on this community that are smarter and better players than 90% of this community. Ranga is one of them and hes lucky to be a cop. He's also a good cop.

18 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Wubs is peaceful, and as for your quest to become a cop unfortunately you should give that up now and become a bounty hunter. The only thing you are missing are the parts of acting like a cop and following the guide lines

I have been a bounty hunter way before the update, Thank you for your opinion however I will continue trying to become a cop. 

14 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

I have been a bounty hunter way before the update, Thank you for your opinion however I will continue trying to become a cop. 

With the new patch I really believe you could get the cop experience you wish. There are others that im sure will go along with it and you could have just as much fun

1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

With the new patch I really believe you could get the cop experience you wish. There are others that im sure will go along with it and you could have just as much fun

Lets say I let a person go however, 3 minutes later they go to jail because of another bounty hunter

2 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

Lets say I let a person go however, 3 minutes later they go to jail because of another bounty hunter

A. How would you know that, its roleplay - you let him go hes no longer your buisness you did your job just like the APD does theres

B. Thats his fault for getting caught twice

C. You could protect that guy and take it even further and be a private police body gaurd or some shit. You are young you have a creative mind use it

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

A. How would you know that, its roleplay - you let him go hes no longer your buisness you did your job just like the APD does theres

B. Thats his fault for getting caught twice

C. You could protect that guy and take it even further and be a private police body gaurd or some shit. You are young you have a creative mind use it

That has many flaws if you actually think about it, but I respect you for the suggestion:) I will continue trying to get into the APD though...

6 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

Go around helping cops then as a bounty hunter with an mx i guess :D

In seriousness I guess you could do the following:

Present to a captain a portfolio of things that display what you are

1. Show proper roleplay with video recordings

2. Take the time to read those guide lines and rule books throughly enough that you could pass a test given by a captain

3. Show that you have no bans on your account e.t.c

If not there are other servers you could play for cop and play civ on this one :{ 

2 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Go around helping cops then as a bounty hunter with an mx i guess :D

In seriousness I guess you could do the following:

Present to a captain a portfolio of things that display what you are

1. Show proper roleplay with video recordings

2. Take the time to read those guide lines and rule books throughly enough that you could pass a test given by a captain

3. Show that you have no bans on your account e.t.c

If not there are other servers you could play for cop and play civ on this one :{ 

Will do:) I am willing to try any and every shot I get for a chance to join the APD, however I dont know any captains etc.  that may be willing to accept me, unless I can get other officers to help me.

1 hour ago, Otto the Autopilot said:

Chill out, my dude. Age barriers exist for a reason. It's nothing personal against you, and you shouldn't take it that way.

There's plenty of other opportunities out there for you to pursue.

what is this moderator approval queue why does it exist kill me please

Wait the real otto?

As I've been a Sgt for 7+ months now and I've never seen an exception on the age limit, i get people telling me exactly what you're saying in team speak and the answer is the same all the time. The only people that is allowed to do exception is the Captains and the current captains we have never made an exception on the age anyways. Tho i'm not refusing you to do an attempt.

28 minutes ago, Ren Zero said:

Will do:) I am willing to try any and every shot I get for a chance to join the APD, however I dont know any captains etc.  that may be willing to accept me, unless I can get other officers to help me.

If youre truly dedicated speak to jamooze when hes on teamspeak.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

So whats the problem wait 2 years. We had it for a month that ppl who are under the age of 17 could apply and we actually have a few that are under 17.

You missed it, bad for you, now you gotta wait 2 years.

2? 14+2=16, unless I missed something. I thought the month thing was later this year

Edited by Ren Zero
On 6/5/2016 at 11:01 PM, Ren Zero said:

This is basically me ranting because I have nothing better to do :shrug:

I met all the requirements to be in the APD including being mature, cooperative, etc.

But then there is one reason I can't be in the APD... my age, now I know most of you don't have this problem but I'm honestly mad. I just wanted an interview to see that not all people my age are annoying or all these other stereotypes, I don't even care if I was accepted or declined, I just wanted a shot. If you have seen me in-game you know I can role play and not exactly an "annoying squeaker."

That's me ranting, hate it or love it, it doesn't matter to me:shrug:

lie, they will never know the truth. unless you posted your age on another forum site

On 6/5/2016 at 11:20 PM, Jordan Walker said:

I don't completely understand your sarcastic response to this post. How is it showing that he isn't mature by making a suggestion & hoping that if he made a post he could possibly get into the APD? :)

Edit: Everyone should be a little more respectful & show the kid some gratitude for not lying on his police app like 60% of the already APD officers did. I would rather have a kid thats respectful & doesn't lie than some douche that thinks hes above everyone. (75% of the APD)

it's a video game.

Just now, DeVo said:

take off your shoes and give them to me. Buy me a plane and a round trip to europe then i'll give you access to the APD. oh..wait.. it doesn't work that way. But hard work will definetly get you in. All jokes aside. Goodluck. I hope you get in.

Thank you so much, it actually means a lot to me. :)

On 6-6-2016 at 6:20 AM, Jordan Walker said:

I don't completely understand your sarcastic response to this post. How is it showing that he isn't mature by making a suggestion & hoping that if he made a post he could possibly get into the APD? :)

Edit: Everyone should be a little more respectful & show the kid some gratitude for not lying on his police app like 60% of the already APD officers did. I would rather have a kid thats respectful & doesn't lie than some douche that thinks hes above everyone. (75% of the APD)

Beef you're high.. 

Your statistics are made up and to my experience competely inaccurate. Most i play with are 20-30. The young ones are easy to pick out but they're definitly a minority.

I don't mind kids being in the APD. It's a game...  When i played WoW hardcore when i was 14 i had plenty of time and fun. Was mostly the best DPS and contributed alot to the guild i played with. That was a gaming prime time to me. Why would you wanna be an "mature" 20 y old that just talks shit about kids playing games. Just accept it, sometimes it's even hilarious. If it's frustrating for you just avoid them. 

Sadly for OP the rules are strict here. Only a captain could get you in now (probs still no chance though)

The rules about the age limit has been lowered and changed with undisirable results. :/ 

Beef... likes this
11 hours ago, Reavantos said:

We tried letting younger people on again recently.. it didn't go well...Sure, we got a couple good ones out of it. But Sadly, in the end it ended because it caused so many issues we had to go back to 17.

Also don't try to lie about your age.

I'm getting a lot of support on the topic, how ever, no Captains are replying etc.

Do you think there is any chance of me getting into the APD?