Recommendations for a good Military book?

Agent X

If you haven't looked at them already, the "No Easy Day" and "No Hero" by Mark Owen are great reads. No Easy Day is about killing Bin Laden, and No Hero takes a look at the evolution of becoming a US Navy Seal (the training, the lifestyle, the at-home life, etc.).

Purchased "The Outpost; An untold story of American Valor". 

I finished "Red Platoon" and The Outpost is about the same battle but with everything enclosed. From why the base was constructed to the after action report of the battle itself. Cant wait to get more into it.

Red Platoon was an amazing Recount of the Battle for American outpost Keating where the author(Clinton Romesha) was awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions during the battle. It recounts first hand experiences from both him and the surviving members of his unit. Was awesome from the beginning to the end.

Looking forward to getting into The Outpost. I want to know why those men where sent into a outpost that should not have been there to begin with. 

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Platoon-Story-American-Valor/dp/0525955054/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465574762&sr=8-1&keywords=red+platoon

https://www.amazon.com/Outpost-Untold-Story-American-Valor/dp/031618540X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465574784&sr=8-1&keywords=the+outpost

Thanks for the recommendations and i'll keep your suggestions for the next book I get into.

8 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

I personally like the goosebumps books really scary and have nice memes in em.

if you're not in to scary books maybe a little Chronicles of Narnia the lion gets all the bitches in the end so it's pretty dope 

the goosebumps book with the theme park had me not being able to sleep for a week

if you sign to the membership you get a glow in the dark eye bouncy ball, recommended

hamsham12 likes this
1 hour ago, hamsham12 said:

I personally like the goosebumps books really scary and have nice memes in em.

if you're not in to scary books maybe a little Chronicles of Narnia the lion gets all the bitches in the end so it's pretty dope 

1 hour ago, warl0ck said:

the goosebumps book with the theme park had me not being able to sleep for a week

if you sign to the membership you get a glow in the dark eye bouncy ball, recommended

Thanks gentlemen. If I ever feel like reliving my 3rd grade years I will be sure to look up your recommendations. 

Scott likes this

Do you want a book about war? Or a book with practical knowledge about war? If your trying to better yourself and get some knowledge I always say Sun Tzu Art Of War because this book is still used today in modern warfare and its over 1,000 years old. Now some other good reads that could save your life if you ever on a battlefield is

• SAS Survival guide by Johny 'Lofty' Wisemen. 
  • Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook (great book could literally save your life, if you ever plan on owning a gun in real life I believe you should know how to patch yourself up or others if your shot)

I have other books but I'm more of a survivalist guy, so the stuff I read is like Off THE GRID living and Back to Basics. Basically information on how to survive if the shit hits the fan.

On 6/10/2016 at 8:42 PM, MeowMix said:

Do you want a book about war? Or a book with practical knowledge about war? If your trying to better yourself and get some knowledge I always say Sun Tzu Art Of War because this book is still used today in modern warfare and its over 1,000 years old. Now some other good reads that could save your life if you ever on a battlefield is

• SAS Survival guide by Johny 'Lofty' Wisemen. 
  • Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook (great book could literally save your life, if you ever plan on owning a gun in real life I believe you should know how to patch yourself up or others if your shot)

I have other books but I'm more of a survivalist guy, so the stuff I read is like Off THE GRID living and Back to Basics. Basically information on how to survive if the shit hits the fan.

Landon is that you? :kappa: