Buying Police 7.62 WITH Laser

Smee

1 minute ago, Scott said:

It only works for blufor. Trust me. unless it got changed since I last dug into the mission file.

And you need to trust me man , I was downing people in donor 2 days ago with one , just don't take off the laser and try to put it back on 

Edited by KillZone
17 minutes ago, Scott said:

Yeah whatever you say bud

c581766be15cd349d3233187f0b9af79.gif

its not suppose to work heres the script 

/* //IR Laser non-lethal

if(side _source == west && "acc_pointer_IR" in (primaryWeaponItems _source)) then

{

if ((((getDammage _unit) + _damage) >= 0.90) || (_damage >= 0.95)) then {

_damage = 0;

[_source] spawn life_fnc_handleDowned;

};

}; */

west=blufor so it is only suppose to work for cops

Edited by TheRealLethal
27 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

c581766be15cd349d3233187f0b9af79.gif

its not suppose to work heres the script 

/* //IR Laser non-lethal

if(side _source == west && "acc_pointer_IR" in (primaryWeaponItems _source)) then

{

if ((((getDammage _unit) + _damage) >= 0.90) || (_damage >= 0.95)) then {

_damage = 0;

};

}; */

west=blufor so it is only suppose to work for cops

Actually this isn't the one that handles mk1 downing. You can see this script qouted out with */ script /*, that makes script not to work. But the similar script is there though.

Just now, Google™ said:

Why so salty you are wrong? It's just a game why have to be mad?

Its not a game. I'm not salty. I didn't believe him because 1. In the mission file its supposed to be cop only and 2. Last time I checked it didn't work. Go back to being the guy that nobody knows. Thanks. 

29 minutes ago, Scott said:

Clearly got changed. Haven't tested in months since its not supposed to work, figured it wouldn't. My bad.

39 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Actually this isn't the one that handles mk1 downing. You can see this script qouted out with */ script /*, that makes script not to work. But the similar script is there though.

You right fam. Didn't even realize it was inactive code. I literally was using the search function to find it, I'm assuming the actual script is the same but when they fixed the script they adjusted the numerical values a bit. 

1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

You right fam. Didn't even realize it was inactive code. I literally was using the search function to find it, I'm assuming the actual script is the same but when they fixed the script they adjusted the numerical values a bit. 

This is the code that handles the downing.

Spoiler

_stunMag = if(worldName == "Altis") then {["_Tracer",_curMag] call BIS_fnc_inString || (_curWep == "srifle_DMR_03_F" && "acc_pointer_IR" in primaryWeaponItems _source)} else {_curMag in ["hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR","29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_S","hlc_30Rnd_9x19_SD_MP5","CUP_8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug"] || {_curWep == "RH_m9"} || {_curWep == "hlc_rifle_bcmjack" && "acc_pointer_IR" in primaryWeaponItems _source}};

if (_source != _unit && !(_projectile in ["GrenadeHand","mini_Grenade",""]) && (_stunMag || (_curWep in ["SMG_02_F","hgun_P07_F","hgun_P07_snds_F"]))) then {

_hitDam = if (_hitBox == "") then { damage _unit } else { (_unit getHit _hitBox) };

if (getDammage _unit >= 0.95 || (_hitDam + _damage >= 0.95)) then {

_damage = 0;

};

};

Then setupActions, gives a scroll wheel option to choose whether go on lethals or not. Code below is only in BLUFOR (Cop) block, which makes it that only cops could get an option to choose whether go on lethals or not.

Spoiler

//IR Laser

if(currentWeapon player == "srifle_DMR_03_F") then {

life_actions pushBack (player addAction["Add IR Laser (Non-Lethal)",life_fnc_nonLethal,"add",0,false,false,"",'"acc_pointer_IR" in (items player) && !("acc_pointer_IR" in (primaryWeaponItems player)) && currentWeapon player == "srifle_DMR_03_F" ']);

life_actions pushBack (player addAction["Remove IR Laser (Lethal)",life_fnc_nonLethal,"rem",0,false,false,"",'!("acc_pointer_IR" in (items player)) && ("acc_pointer_IR" in (primaryWeaponItems player)) && currentWeapon player == "srifle_DMR_03_F"']);

};

So technically since there's no check on blufor in actual downing script, I can see where the IR laser could bug out and still allow downing for civs, but once IR is removed and put back on the weapon, the bug fixes itself and doesn't let to down anymore. Basically they need to simply put a check in the downing script that it would work only for blufor.

So it would be something like this.

Spoiler

_stunMag = if(worldName == "Altis") then {["_Tracer",_curMag] call BIS_fnc_inString || (_curWep == "srifle_DMR_03_F" && "acc_pointer_IR" in primaryWeaponItems _source && _source == west)} else {_curMag in ["hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR","29rnd_300BLK_STANAG_S","hlc_30Rnd_9x19_SD_MP5","CUP_8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug"] || {_curWep == "RH_m9"} || {_curWep == "hlc_rifle_bcmjack" && "acc_pointer_IR" in primaryWeaponItems _source}};

if (_source != _unit && !(_projectile in ["GrenadeHand","mini_Grenade",""]) && (_stunMag || (_curWep in ["SMG_02_F","hgun_P07_F","hgun_P07_snds_F"]))) then {

_hitDam = if (_hitBox == "") then { damage _unit } else { (_unit getHit _hitBox) };

if (getDammage _unit >= 0.95 || (_hitDam + _damage >= 0.95)) then {

_damage = 0;

};

};

Edited by Pentax