Let talk about the Revival of Asylum.

1 hour ago, Bikstok said:

It's not really that simple. There aren't any good objects to create stairs without looking completely ridiculous.

GYnQVmd.png

s3qabKr.png

Besides, I think there's also an issue of the objects occasionally becoming crooked/misplaced. Similar to what happens to the concrete blocks at donor town DMV.

Okay that does look ridiculous 

34 minutes ago, Churu said:

After reading shit, many here are simply stupid and lazy...

Firstly, Yes BH has been over the roof lately but its cooling down, this happens with these patches. People want to try new stuff.

Now as for money making, you are all lazy! Now many will say im a cop and i can simply go there and arrest people, but its not that simple. There is a lot going around on cop and catching the bounties is required to get paid, i would even say making money is easier on civ. It's wayyyy to easy to make drugs such as meth even with 10-15 cops, You simply got to learn some nice tricks to avoid them. Firstly for meth! A house is always recommended, if you do not have a house or you are not donor 1, Get a small tent, place it near meth lab or someplace hidden in the beginning of server restart, fill it with stuff, go with smaller vehicles to meth lab, hide ur truck outside the lab and go in small runs, maybe even hide the tent in the meth lab somewhere. People don't exactly run around the entire meth lab looking for tents. For ephedra, park outside 300m and don't have a bounty. Hide your truck. Now the trick to doing a successful drug run is to always stay hidden, take your time and DON'T HAVE A BOUNTY. Turn yourself in for parole or some shit.

Cop is by far the easiest and best way to make money and you won't have to spend money to make money, completely riskless.  It's not even comparable.  Meth ( Especially if you just play with friends like I do ) is a death wish, it's always camped by rebels and police.  Meth makes a decent amount sure but for the trouble it's worth it makes it feel pointless.  That's why other jobs should pay far better so one there is more diversity which means people are more spread out and two so average civ who is not apart of a gang can have a better experience on Asylum.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Cop is by far the easiest and best way to make money and you won't have to spend money to make money, completely riskless.  It's not even comparable.  Meth ( Especially if you just play with friends like I do ) is a death wish, it's always camped by rebels and police.  Meth makes a decent amount sure but for the trouble it's worth it makes it feel pointless.  That's why other jobs should pay far better so one there is more diversity which means people are more spread out and two so average civ who is not apart of a gang can have a better experience on Asylum.

You don't know how to make meth then. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Never once have I paid over 30k for my loadout, you guys have 30+ members if I am not mistaken, surely atleast one of you are online when a turf comes up for grabs and is able to spend 3k for an sdar and try to cap arms

oh yea dude thats so fun. sitting there for 45 minutes waiting for a turf to come up, then wating another 15 to cap it. not everyone cares about warpoints as much as you

also im not talking about me. im talking about smaller gangs that would fight a lot more if gear was cheaper for them.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this

It's not really that simple. There aren't any good objects to create stairs without looking completely ridiculous.

Besides, I think there's also an issue of the objects occasionally becoming crooked/misplaced. Similar to what happens to the concrete blocks at donor town DMV.

Can you wrap the stairs around the building like would be done in the real world leading up to a landing?  Would make it rough for the people on top to shoot down, could be a good plan.

Spoiler

GYnQVmd.png

s3qabKr.png

In all honesty. The bank should just suffer the cosmetic effect of looking like a bank and be moved to a place that is a more viable fight for both sides. There are plenty of places that may not work as cartels, but would work fine for a bank. While it may not look like a bank, its better the current one. 

Just now, NightFury said:

oh yea dude thats so fun. sitting there for 45 minutes waiting for a turf to come up, then wating another 15 to cap it. not everyone cares about warpoints as much as you

also im not talking about me. im talking about smaller gangs that would fight a lot more if gear was cheaper for them.

It isn't about sitting there waiting, do whatever it is you do regularly then when it comes up go for it..

And about your last comment, what do you do when you own arms? Just take the money out? If you want smaller gangs to fight, make loadouts cheaper for them by crafting mk1s/mk18s, this is what I did for a while, it's also a decent source of income if need be

Feenix likes this
1 hour ago, Jimbo! said:

What exactly do you do with your money may I ask? It seems like you don't invest it into anything if you constantly need to grind, you should be making money from fighting, you should be saving money by stacking up your houses when shits dirt cheap, you should be trying to defend and hold your cartels and your turfs so shit remains cheap

if you get money capped, why stop there? invest it into houses/vehicles so if you are ever in desperate need you can just sell either, buy materials to craft stuff, invest into houses in good locations that you can use/resell when in need

it really isn't hard to have a solid cash flow

I'm not money capped, I don't do things with my money, I buy a gun when my gang needs me to fight, but usually when that happens I don't make the money back, therefore, it goes swirling down the drain. I'm at house cap right now on s4 and Tanoa. 

1 minute ago, NightWing said:

I'm not money capped, I don't do things with my money, I buy a gun when my gang needs me to fight, but usually when that happens I don't make the money back, therefore, it goes swirling down the drain. I'm at house cap right now on s4 and Tanoa. 

So go make money? I don't see a viable excuse. 

You cant expect everything you do in this game to be profitable. Some time or another, you have to take a loss. 

Edited by Axe
4 minutes ago, NightWing said:

when you do gang stuff is meant to be fun 

fighting cartels  every on loses a load out  even the best players 

you need to look at doing gang stuff end game  and for fun because 90 % you will loose money and get angry 

to do the end game stuff you need to do some grinding 

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

So go make money? I don't see a viable excuse. 

You cant expect everything you do in this game to be profitable. Some time or another, you have to take a loss. 

I'm not trying to make an excuse, my point is that they're nerfing everything that makes money besides scotch and drugs.(I know they nerfed scotch but it's barely noticeable) 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

It isn't about sitting there waiting, do whatever it is you do regularly then when it comes up go for it..

And about your last comment, what do you do when you own arms? Just take the money out? If you want smaller gangs to fight, make loadouts cheaper for them by crafting mk1s/mk18s, this is what I did for a while, it's also a decent source of income if need be

rip cocain for now , but before i would craft a lot of guns but i havent noticed a diference on smaller gang activity.(that was when i was playing on server 2)

but cheaper gear i think would make fights more fun and give a chance for smaller gangs to compete.

Just now, NightFury said:

rip cocain for now , but before i would craft a lot of guns but i havent noticed a diference on smaller gang activity.(that was when i was playing on server 2)

but cheaper gear i think would make fights more fun and give a chance for smaller gangs to compete.

Make an agreement with all of the smaller gangs to all vote a specific guy from either gang for gov so taxes aren't high, when you own arms craft guns so they can get cheaper loadouts

As for cocaine: 

I believe the functionality of Asylum and it's features strike the a decent balance for everything. Do I believe things should be changed? Yes. But everyone has their own ideas, views, and opinions as to why they do the things they do. Personally, I don't have much to complain about.

Loadouts aren't a problem for me; I can always make more money when my money gets low and hell, I can even MAKE the guns! Can you believe that? They're free to make everyone.

Cops really aren't OP; you learn this after gaining a decent amount combat experience on Asylum and gaining more skill/adapting to the fighting techniques used by cops.

Once you make money, you can invest in vehicles, houses, etc. that have potential to make you MORE money.

The turfs were a big plus for making things cheaper to buy at rebel outpost and running drugs to make money. (illegal things)

On that note however, of course there will always be SOMETHING that someone would want to change if they had the choice to. I personally believe that money cap should be removed or ATLEAST raised to a few million dollars and BH shouldn't have access to MX rifles at the bounty hunter shop, as the TRG or any 5.56 for that matter on ARMA 3 with the downing script is already powerful enough to stop just about anyone in their tracks at 600m with a patient finger. Besides maybe adding more "things to do," (RP things) I believe Asylum is fine the way it is.

Edited by America

10 minutes ago, Ghillie Dhu said:

when you do gang stuff is meant to be fun 

fighting cartels  every on loses a load out  even the best players 

you need to look at doing gang stuff end game  and for fun because 90 % you will loose money and get angry 

to do the end game stuff you need to do some grinding 

Grind Grind Grind, Spend Spend Spend, Repeat Repeat Repeat. I see more grinding rather than having fun to be honest, I spend more time grinding than actually doing things. Trust me, I have the worst luck when trying to actually make money, last time I ran scotch I got in my box truck and I saw chinaman in a box truck coming towards me and he rammed my box truck on the side and ran me over 21 times. It's just little things that piss me off and it puts me off to even attempt to get more money. I think everything is fine besides the amount of time you are required to invest into this stupid game just to have some fun.

(Please do not get angry it's just my opinion that is completely irrelevant to yours)

Edited by NightWing
deez nuts
Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this

Here's my thoughts.

As someone who started playing Asylum in late 2013/early 2014, this is what I believe is the problem.

When Sheriff Rick, Daryl Dixon, Predator and myself were on server five, we'd take our four man squad to Arms cartel and fight the bigger gangs.

We owned their asses.

You know why? We didn't need to have twenty guys with M14 EBRs and two grenades a piece.

We used skill to get shit done, not overwhelming the enemy with fifty guys like most gangs now.

It was so much fun back then because it everyone fought for fun, not to have a constant monetary monopoly on the entire island.

Fighting for fun and fighting for money are very different things. See, back in those days, we would fight a group one day and then kill WITH them the next.

Everyone was in it for fun, to have a good time. Not money.

Of course the money was a nice bonus, but still.

Gangs, in my opinion, is the problem with this server.

That's my thoughts. Fuck the rest of you.

bunni, George, /|/|0T4RD and 1 other like this

You make this game more into a fucking job just by talking about it

You grind have a little fun, than you have to grind grind grind just to get back to where you were. The only reason why olympus is still alive is due to its money making methods since they are so beneficial to see such numbers in your bank account.. (Also no group cap.)

Edited by Feenix
Juice (AKA Justin) likes this
Just now, Feenix said:

You make this game more into a fucking job just by talking about it

You grind have a little fun, than you have to grind grind grind just to get back to where you were. The only reason why olympus is still alive is due to its money making methods since they are so beneficial to see such numbers in your bank account.. (Also maybe groupcap).

You never seen me "grind" once. And I still had money to fight everytime. You don't have to "grind" to make money everytime you want to. When you're bored, no fighting going on, log on and go do 1 or 2 runs of something that makes good money and there you go. Two loadouts for the day.

41 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Nor do we have a server that has no competition or has members playing for over 16 hours a day lol. Making 1-2 Mil a day off of cartels seems very fun on a server which no one will fight you on.

By all means, I wish every gang on asylum welcome to server 1 :) And still we would make alot of money ez pz

JIMBO likes this
5 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

It's because people have fun by playing the game seriously. There is also gangs that play Asylum for fun and don't take it to serious :)

There is also way less gangs like that with rebel loadouts being more expensive and most jobs no giving out that great of a payout.  Also how toxic how Asylum can be...the bar has really been lowered.

Feenix and Rodrigo like this
1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

There is also way less gangs like that with rebel loadouts being more expensive and most jobs no giving out that great of a payout.  Also how toxic how Asylum can be...the bar has really been lowered.

Sure the loadouts is a bit more expensive ( not really imo ). But on the toxic part tho I most say Asylum was waaaay worse back in the day. But as I remember back before 6.0 we used to fight for like 3-4 hours every single day.

/|/|0T4RD likes this
1 minute ago, Diseased said:

Take a break, been on a two week break and it's great. Hopefully when I come back it'll be fun again but atm the new updates are ok but for me I don't like playing the server due to the mentality of the people who.fight cartels.

What mentality? Im just curious

11 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Sure the loadouts is a bit more expensive ( not really imo ). But on the toxic part tho I most say Asylum was waaaay worse back in the day. But as I remember back before 6.0 we used to fight for like 3-4 hours every single day.

Back in the day the toxicity was really only a few kavala gangs and old bad blood, seems much worse now than back then.

Blames of ddos, one and done, waste of time, takes 30 minutes to fight, crying about numbers, no where the same as it once was. People literally do not fight cartels because someone is being "toxic" on the internet, back in the day if you shit talked that just made the other gang want to go to the cartel and kick your ass, now it just makes that gang log off.

Alec-I, /|/|0T4RD, Rodrigo and 1 other like this
11 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Take a break, been on a two week break and it's great. Hopefully when I come back it'll be fun again but atm the new updates are ok but for me I don't like playing the server due to the mentality of the people who.fight cartels.

I've been on break for near 3 months. Everytime I log on it's gangs killing cops and being retards in chat.