New Weapons into Asylum

So I put up my server and fought with about 20 people for a couple of hours, here is some of my opinions on the new weapons and their use in Asylum.

Weapons
AK-12
7.62- Rebel Weapon. More expensive than the MK1 because of its 30 round magazine. However it has a much slower velocity compared to its 7.62 counter parts.
AKM 7.62 - Rebel Weapon. Another 30 round 7.62 gun. Balanced due to no attachments. I would say around the same price as the MK18
AKS-74U - Rebel Weapon. 5.45 round, pretty much does the same damage as a standard 5.56. Priced similar to the MK20c
CAR-95 5.58mm - Rebel Weapon. Slightly better than the MK20. Priced slightly lower than a Katiba.
CMR - APD Weapon, Corporal+. Its a 6.5 Marksman weapon, very high velocity however it doesn't have full auto. Also limited to its 20 round magazine
Protector 9mm - APD Weapon. I would like to see this replace the Cadet MK20. A much better equivalent to the Sting because of its minimal recoil and very high rate of fire
SPAR-16 5.56 - APD Weapon. Constable+ Even though its a 5.56, it has much better accuracy than the MK20. Has a better RoF and Accuracy compared to the MX as well. I say this should replace Bounty Hunter MX's.
SPAR-17 7.62 - APD Weapon. Lieutenant+ Very high recoil, similar to the MK14 with a slower RoF
Type 115 6.5 - Both Factions. Constable+. Priced similar to a Katiba. Very high RoF balanced with a lot of recoil
LIM-85 55.6 - Rebel Weapon. As this is a 5.56 LMG, would be a nice addition to the Arms Dealer bonus similar to a MK200. Slightly cheaper than a MK200

PM 9mm - Crappy version of the rook basically
RPG - Obviously a no-no

Clothing
Special Purpose Suit - My favourite addition to clothing, however this has more armour than the CSAT fatigues, so again, probably a No-no to Asylum
Paramilitary Garbs - No armour, nice rebel clothing
Every other clothing, I see no reason to add them, they are all just reskins of current clothing
New Combat Helmets - Another one of my favourites, but a No-no due to Balancing
Skate Helmet - Same armour as Racing Helmets, I see why not
Stealth Balaclavas - Amazing alternative to the standard Balaclava, would love to see these in Asylum
New NVG's - Add them purely for cosmetics, however remove their Thermal Image capabilities 

Havn't had much time with the vehicles to put in a solid review. I'll add them once I do

Edited by Haych
Smee, Crow, HenryHoover and 11 others like this
5 minutes ago, Haych said:

SPAR-16 5.56 - APD Weapon. Constable+ Even though its a 5.56, it has much better accuracy than the MK20. Has a better RoF and Accuracy compared to the MX as well. I say this should replace Bounty Hunter MX's.

No, those bounty hunters can keep their MXs, the APD should get something exclusive to themselves

1 minute ago, Patrick James said:

No, those bounty hunters can keep their MXs, the APD should get something exclusive to themselves

I listed a lot of weapons the APD should get. SPAR should replace the BH MX's. A better balanced alternative. Would stop most of you cops crying about BH's being a bit OP.

Voltage likes this
3 minutes ago, Haych said:

I listed a lot of weapons the APD should get. SPAR should replace the BH MX's. A better balanced alternative. Would stop most of you cops crying about BH's being a bit OP.

No, they can keep their MXs, I want something new in my hands, not the same old shit over and over again. A rifle resembling a 416 is good enough for me!

My opinions.

Ak-12.  I haven't done a crazy amount of testing but it isn't the same round that a MK1 would use so it doesn't need to be more expensive, I personally think it should be priced around the same as the MK18.

AKM and AK74U.  No attachments means it will never be used for rebel life competitively, so it should have the same price range as a katiba or even less so it could be viable for protection for drug running and CQB engagements.

Everything else I agree on.

35 minutes ago, Haych said:

So I put up my server and fought with about 20 people for a couple of hours, here is some of my opinions on the new weapons and their use in Asylum.

Weapons
AK-12
7.62- Rebel Weapon. More expensive than the MK1 because of its 30 round magazine. However it has a much slower velocity compared to its 7.62 counter parts.
AKM 7.62 - Rebel Weapon. Another 30 round 7.62 gun. Balanced due to no attachments. I would say around the same price as the MK18
AKS-74U - Rebel Weapon. 5.45 round, pretty much does the same damage as a standard 5.56. Priced similar to the MK20c
CAR-95 5.58mm - Rebel Weapon. Slightly better than the MK20. Priced slightly lower than a Katiba.
CMR - APD Weapon, Corporal+. Its a 6.5 Marksman weapon, very high velocity however it doesn't have full auto. Also limited to its 20 round magazine
Protector 9mm - APD Weapon. I would like to see this replace the Cadet MK20. A much better equivalent to the Sting because of its minimal recoil and very high rate of fire
SPAR-17 7.62 - APD Weapon. Lieutenant+ Very high recoil, similar to the MK14 with a slower RoF
Type 115 6.5 - Both Factions. Constable+. Priced similar to a Katiba. Very high RoF balanced with a lot of recoil
LIM-85 55.6 - Rebel Weapon. As this is a 5.56 LMG, would be a nice addition to the Arms Dealer bonus similar to a MK200. Slightly cheaper than a MK200

PM 9mm - Crappy version of the rook basically
RPG - Obviously a no-no

Clothing
Special Purpose Suit - My favourite addition to clothing, however this has more armour than the CSAT fatigues, so again, probably a No-no to Asylum
Paramilitary Garbs - No armour, nice rebel clothing
Every other clothing, I see no reason to add them, they are all just reskins of current clothing
New Combat Helmets - Another one of my favourites, but a No-no due to Balancing
Skate Helmet - Same armour as Racing Helmets, I see why not
Stealth Balaclavas - Amazing alternative to the standard Balaclava, would love to see these in Asylum
New NVG's - Add them purely for cosmetics, however remove their Thermal Image capabilities 

Havn't had much time with the vehicles to put in a solid review. I'll add them once I do

UGH, AK's 7.62 is NOT 7.62 NATO, and are certainly not DMRs. Sheesh.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this

Give rebels/civs all the AK variants, give both sides the SPAR 16, 17 for Lt+. That way neither side will be overpowering one another because two of the AK's are iron sights and the round isnt like the normal 7.62 we're used to so it wont be as popular to buy and they'll both have the SPAR 16 and 17.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
dannygurl and Tiger like this
1 hour ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

UGH, AK's 7.62 is NOT 7.62 NATO, and are certainly not DMRs. Sheesh.

You do realise Bohemia does a terrible job of simulating the rounds compared to its real life counter parts?

The AK's still penetrate MRAP glass the exact same as the MK1 would. The wall penetration on both of them are very similar as well. The AK12 just has some what a slightly slower velocity. The reason it should cost more than the MK1 is because it's just as effective vs MRAPs while having the extra magazine capacity.

After a lot of hours fighting with all these guns, yes, they feel nothing like the MK1, MK18 etc.. they feel less responsive for some reason but they behave the same in terms of scenario that will effect gunplay on Asylum. After a week or two, I see most people switching back to the MK18/1 anyway

Edited by Haych
AndrewFam likes this

Vehicles 
Qilin (Unarmed) - Rebel Vehicle.
Prowler (Unarmed) - APD Vehicle SGT+ (Reskinned to Black for obvious reasons)
Both these vehicles pretty much have the same outer armour, it is identical to the MRAPs in Arma. A 7.62 does not go through it, even when the Hull is damaged.

I would say these should be priced at around 30k and only buy-able at Rebel Outposts . This isn't a vehicle you can just drive up to people and drop on them, its a standard armoured Infantry carrier where every passenger is heavily exposed hence the reason it shouldn't be stupid expensive
The guns on the Armoured version just has no place on Asylum. 

Y-32 Xi'an
V-44 X Blackfish
(VTOL)
Both these, just nope. A 7.62 can't even go through the side glass.

Everything else is fine for Asylum, The new 4WD truck, the Jetski and the RHIB boat etc..

Just hope the admins actually test these in combat scenarios and get a feel for them in combat. Clearly S6 didn't get that treatment. Last thing we want is the Qilin being priced at like 60k and the new weapons being priced at stupid prices. Just because they are new, it doesn't mean they are better, you made that mistake with the MK14 and it hasn't been adjusted since.

Edited by Haych

Let's be real, the protector needs to go to those in the streets of kavala.

I'm not sure about the LIM-85, they should really try out that gun before hand. The thing with the mk200 is the recoil is insane and the fire rate is high enough were it's hard to just single tap and to control the full auto. But the Rof on the LIM is pretty low and you can control that thing super easy.

I would say price the AKM close to the katiba. Despite being a 7.62 gun, the no scope thing makes the gun low tier vs other guns.

The LSV Qilin and prowler are really cool, but they are not really much better than an offroad, I think they should be priced like 15k or so.

10 minutes ago, [§] Alex said:

Let's be real, the protector needs to go to those in the streets of kavala.

I'm not sure about the LIM-85, they should really try out that gun before hand. The thing with the mk200 is the recoil is insane and the fire rate is high enough were it's hard to just single tap and to control the full auto. But the Rof on the LIM is pretty low and you can control that thing super easy.

I would say price the AKM close to the katiba. Despite being a 7.62 gun, the no scope thing makes the gun low tier vs other guns.

The LSV Qilin and prowler are really cool, but they are not really much better than an offroad, I think they should be priced like 15k or so.

I would love to see the protector in the gun stores, however I have never agreed with Cadets getting the MK20, so it will be a nice replacement.

MK200 has next to no recoil in full auto, not to mention how easy it is to control. The only thing stopping me from buying the MK200 is the magazine priced at 7.5k

The LIM has a very slow rate of fire, and its a 5.56, in all aspects its much worse than the MK200. I don't see anyone using it if its added, but theres nothing wrong in adding it as its a extra perk to holding Arms dealer.

And agreed with the Qilin. It will just be a shame they price it at something stupid because its new. 

Edited by Haych

Both of these are from the same spot with fatigue turned off.

LIM-85

MK200 MK200

The thing with the LIM it's super easy to control, it's like having a 150 round TRG. But with the MK200 it's nothing like an MX or a katiba. The MK200 is more of a wild beast, you can try and control it but sometimes it just doesn't do what you want. But with the LIM, you can be super accurate with it. I'm just saying they should look at that gun before making a decision on adding it or not.

4 minutes ago, [§] Alex said:

Both of these are from the same spot with fatigue turned off.

LIM-85

MK200 MK200

The thing with the LIM it's super easy to control, it's like having a 150 round TRG. But with the MK200 it's nothing like an MX or a katiba. The MK200 is more of a wild beast, you can try and control it but sometimes it just doesn't do what you want. But with the LIM, you can be super accurate with it. I'm just saying they should look at that gun before making a decision on adding it or not.

I'm not saying that the MK200 has less recoil than the LIM. I was just implying that if they have the MK200, they might as well have the LIM as the LIM is worse in any scenario you will be in when playing Asylum except for long distance spraying, and then again, its 5.56 so it will take 4 rounds at a distance to kill someone wearing a Carrier Lite and lets be honest, who's going to peak for that long and spray someone who potentially has a better rifle then you at range.

MK200 has recoil that is very easy to control, its also a 6.5 making it a great tool to shoot out MRAP wheels combined with its high rof. I don't see in what scenario you would spend so much money on a LIM, when a MK200 does its role of being a LMG much better. Its just the case of, If they have the MK200, might as well ahve the LIM