Past Life Crime Charges

Pre-Point:

Hi, I've been playing this server for 5 days and i'm loving it, but I found something strange that I've never seen before in Life: When you die, you keep your crime charges. 

-I was at the central bank of Tanoa with 2 of my friends to look at the terrain, a 'heli landed, they started robbing the bank and we tried to run and leave but they shot my two friends. Long story short, I was hiding on the shore and killed 2 of them trying to find me, I got in my boat and tried to get away but the third one I didn't see killed me. The next time we joined the server, I got cuffed for my 2 counts of murder....

The Point:

How is it a role-play matter to have to explain to an officer how you got those charges from your past life? That is pretty much breaking NLR (New Life Rule). When you die, you're supposed to start a new life right? But oof, your past life is coming back to haunt you in the system. 

I suggest to have this removed, once you die you drop your charges and start a full new life.

If there is a good reason for this, please explain to me so I can better understand the server and why. 

-Thanks. 

Edited by Mr.Fox
4 minutes ago, Mr.Fox said:

Pre-Point:

Hi, I've been playing this server for 5 days and i'm loving it, but I found something strange that I've never seen before in Life: When you die, you keep your crime charges. 

-I was at the central bank of Tanoa with 2 of my friends to look at the terrain, a 'heli landed, they started robbing the bank and we tried to run and leave but they shot my two friends. Long story short, I was hiding on the shore and killed 2 of them trying to find me, I got in my boat and tried to get away but the third one I didn't see killed me. The next time we joined the server, I got cuffed for my 2 counts of murder....

The Point:

How is it a role-play matter to have to explain to an officer how you got those charges from your past life? That is pretty much breaking NLR (New Life Rule). When you die, you're supposed to start a new life right? But oof, your past life is coming back to haunt you in the system. 

I suggest to have this removed, once you die you drop your charges and start a full new life.

If there is a good reason for this, please explain to me so I can better understand the server and why. 

-Thanks. 

There's no NLR shit on this Altis Life which is amazing.

Reavantos and BioHazard like this

This is a semi-serious RP server, and calling it semi-serious is a stretch.   For the most part, people come here for the combat.  It's probably one of the best servers on ArmA 3 for pvp, and is FOR SURE the best Altis Life server for pvp. 

Seems you're new here, so I'll go into more detail.  There's pretty much two types of classes on this server: Civilians and cops, with civilians having a few sub-classes: Rebels, Bounty Hunters, and the good ol' regular civ.  

Most civs are either bounty hunters or rebels, you're the small few who play as just another dude.   Well, these servers are far more centered around the combat aspect of rebels, bounty hunters and police than they are around you, the regular civilian.  Not to say theres not enough content for you to enjoy, theres more than enough. 

My point is, the next time you get into this situation, and you will, remember that whatever rules you're used to from serious rp servers are almost always non-existent here.   In fact, the only form of NLR on this server is no revenge killing (Killing someone that just killed you without engaging in roleplay first). Your obligation for roleplay stops and ends with you saying "Put your hands up or I'll kill you".  If they comply, you can't kill them.  If they don't comply within 3 seconds, blow their ass away.

You don't need to ask some body for their name before you "know it".   You don't need to pretend you're a different person when you respawn.   You don't need to worry about "breaking character" when talking to the police or another civ.   However, police officers must remain in character as best as they can.  There are times where they might have to break character (e.g: You're bugged, I'm gonna have to down you), but police are the only ones who MUST rp at all times. 

I'm curious to know what you told the officers.   If you told them you and your friends were held up, they should have cut you a break at least.  But keep in mind, you don't need to tell them what actually happened.   Go a little crazy with your roleplay.  Have fun with it.  Instead of being a boring, monotonous criminal, tell them you're a astronaut and your spaceship crash landed on Altis and crushed two people to death and you're terribly terribly sorry.    Or do the old "two people were raping my dog" story, that's a big hit in the APD. 

If semi-serious roleplay isn't your forte, well, you won't have fun here, but at least try it out for another week or so.   I think you'll find that, at it's best, Asylum has the perfect balance of roleplay and combat.   Personally, the time I've spent on this server has been THE BEST video game experience I've had since I started playing games on my gameboy color.

EDIT:  One more thing, I personally feel the semi-serious roleplay breeds much more interesting roleplay.   Some of the funniest moments I've had in a video game came from some of the RP i've witnessed on Asylum. 

Edited by AceDread
Olivia, Mr.Fox, Flashpoint and 3 others like this

While I understand the sentiment of this suggestion, there are also a few problems with it. If you lose all the "bad things" like criminal charges when you start a new life, you would also have to lose all the good things too - like money, vehicles, and experience. 

We are more casual here, but that is what has worked for us. We want you to RP the best you can because it can be really exciting, but we don't want you to have to start all the way over when you die as we think that wouldn't be fun.