There has to be a downside to the amount of gear you load on yourself - and this is the mechanic that does that. While redgull is certainly readily available, it is not infinite. All things in the game are about choices: gear and Y menu items are no different. 

At this time, this suggestion is not likely to be implemented. 

Mayhem likes this
6 hours ago, bamf said:

There has to be a downside to the amount of gear you load on yourself - and this is the mechanic that does that. While redgull is certainly readily available, it is not infinite. All things in the game are about choices: gear and Y menu items are no different. 

At this time, this suggestion is not likely to be implemented. 

"There has to be a downside to the amount of gear you load on yourself - and this is the mechanic that does that. "

Actually you must agree that sway fatigue is a much bigger downside to the amount of gear you load on yourself. Also when you reduce sway using the setCustomAimCoef command you are changing a coeffecient. Meaning if you do player setCustomAimCoef 0.8; on two players one civ with a pistol with 2 mags, and one a rebel with 7.62 and 30 mags of ammo, make them sprint 100m (Even with  fatigue disabled) and let them sit for 15 seconds the player with the pistol will be recovered and able to fire accurately while the rebel will still have moderate sway fatigue.

Edited by Dpatt711
On 7/20/2016 at 3:04 PM, Dpatt711 said:

I suggested removing the game mechanic because it's useless. Red Gull is easily accessible, relatively cheap, and can be bound to key. It's essentially just "Press Key for 3 minutes of unlimited sprint." Something that most servers have already. 

Also you call me lazy, but at least I use more than two words in my replies.  

I'm saying we repurpose Red Gull to something more useful, like reduce weapon sway. Let's not forget that this server is an Arma Lite server and not MilSim, and is played mostly by people who want Arma Lite and not MilSim. 

I think most people (Most people who actually play on the server, not the old hags on the forums who would say no to change even it improved game-play 50 fold) would agree that Unlimited Sprint + 1 minute Redgulls that slightly reduce sway would improve gameplay over the current system. 

please stop tyring to trigger @HotWings. he already memes way too hard on the servers and the forums 

2 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

"There has to be a downside to the amount of gear you load on yourself - and this is the mechanic that does that. "

Actually you must agree that sway fatigue is a much bigger downside to the amount of gear you load on yourself. Also when you reduce sway using the setCustomAimCoef command you are changing a coeffecient. Meaning if you do player setCustomAimCoef 0.8; on two players one civ with a pistol with 2 mags, and one a rebel with 7.62 and 30 mags of ammo, make them sprint 100m (Even with  fatigue disabled) and let them sit for 15 seconds the player with the pistol will be recovered and able to fire accurately while the rebel will still have moderate sway fatigue.

Always have to have the last word don't you?

3 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Always have to have the last word don't you?

Well it's seems like bamf was unaware of how the game mechanics worked. I'll upload a practical demonstration in a few minutes of what it actually looks like.

Edited by Dpatt711