Why Should I RP?

So I've been thinking, is there any good reason to RP?

From what ive seen from my long time on Asylum, there really isnt a good reason to RP, beneficially speaking.

For example, you see some dude running diamonds, he appears to be unarmed but you are armed. There's pretty much 3 options, you can either leave, rob him, or be friendly. Being friendly is awesome and fun for both parties, however robbing him/killing him will most likely give you monetary gains. In black and white, robbing = money, being friendly = no money, and it seems all people care about is money now a days. If there was a reward for RPing, which there isn't, perhaps we wouldn't have as much RDM and senseless killings that ruin the game for people? Im not saying people dont RP, but the amount of people who RPd back in 2013 compared to now is vastly different and im trying to understand why

RP isn't always guaranteed but if you really make a effort you can get some great RP.

BTW Happy New Years From His Majesty, Admiral General President Prime Minister Bama Aladeen , The Magnificent , Supreme Leader of All Leaders in the Earth, King of Kings, Democratic President-For-Life, Invincible and All-Triumphant Commander, Chief Ophthalmologist, Brilliant Genius of Humanity, Excellent Swimmer Including Butterfly, Noble Peace Prize in everything you can think of, and Beloved Oppressor and Ruthless Protector of the Precious and Expendable People of Stratis.

I enjoy making new friends during RP. You never know what will happen.

I find the game much more fun when players RP. Some are humorous and make me laugh.

Some days I just want to lay back and snipe people so I'll chill in an illegal zone where RP isn't required.

However, Rping does bring more thrill to the game because you never know if they have friends around the corner.

Bitches only run up to you and say "hands up 123 shoot"

They are to nervous or scared to actually RP with someone.

Being friendly to someone in an illegal area guarantee's that they're 90% less likely to randomly wreck you next time you're vulnerable.

Also' date=' the more friends you make, the more people will stick up for you when you run into an asshole. [/quote']

This 100%, at the end of day we each play the game the way we find fun. I like to ask questions first shoot 2nd, I roll with a lot of people that shoot first ask never. They probably do not get killed as much as me but that one time I get saved by someone I was nice to, makes it all worth.

I met one of the people I play with by kidnapping him forcing him to kill people' date=' then i turned him in at the hq via taking him hostage and putting whole peaches up his bum[/quote']

Awwww that's how we met still a better story then twilight , but yeah nowadays if you roll up with an mk ask people to put their hands up so you can actually talk to them they either just try to run or get all bitchy about being robbed, while most people that actually give some rp get away with their stuff and their lives, we might give them a flat tire but that's it xD

So I've been thinking' date=' is there any good reason to RP?[/size']

Because Fun.

Its hard for me to recall a game I've had as much fun playing as I've had role playing on Asylum. Yes, it does give players much more opportunity to screw you over and I do often kick myself for trying to RP more instead of just shooting. But it's how I like to play.

Also it encourages other players to do it too. It rubs off on people.