Please help me understand.....?

5 minutes ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

Today I was pulled over by Constable Linux because "I refused a check point stop, which is a $500 ticket, which gives him probable cause"?!?!?!?

Tell me, is Donald Trump the Mayor of Altis??!?!

For future use, if you see a police checkpoint, you can stop tell them you refuse to take part of their checkpoint and you don't consent to any searches. Then turn around and find another way. If you have recording of anything the cops did, file an IA report

31 minutes ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

Today I was pulled over by Constable Linux because "I refused a check point stop, which is a $500 ticket, which gives him probable cause"?!?!?!?

Tell me, is Donald Trump the Mayor of Altis??!?!

Meaning what?

1) You drove around them and got caught?

2) You refused to be searched and drove through anyway?

3) You refused to be searched, turned around and still got charged?

Gotta be more specific and don't be pointing fingers everywhere...

Miles likes this
3 minutes ago, Raza said:

Meaning what?

1) You drove around them and got caught?

2) You refused to be searched and drove through anyway?

3) You refused to be searched, turned around and still got charged?

Gotta be more specific and don't be pointing fingers everywhere...

Allow me to clarify:

I came up to them, I turned around, and he proceeded to pull me over.  I am a retired APD Officer, and that was NEVER apart of the rulebook, and unless its changed recently it's not against the law to refuse a checkpoint search.

If it is in fact a new rule, god help us all.  Also, by "pointing fingers" do you mean to leave the officer thats breaking the rules anonymous?  Last I recall, it was only 1 finger pointed, at directly at Constable Linux.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldnt upper management want to know if a cop is going crooked?

Edited by Pengfei Xiasheng

A ticket of $500+ gives a cop probable cause.

How checkpoints work currently is that the cop will ask if you submit to a search and if you don't then you must turn around, if you don't do this and proceed to attempt to push through the checkpoint without being allowed to that would be Failure to stop. Failure to stop then gives them probable cause, but let's say you wanted to get around the checkpoint and you had drugs on you. You would want to find a different road that just goes around the checkpoint, because that wouldn't be evading the checkpoint and you still get from Point A to Point B just takes more time. Any further questions you can just ask and I'll do my best to answer them accurately for you. @Pengfei Xiasheng

Edited by Google™
1 minute ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

Allow me to clarify:

I came up to them, I turned around, and he proceeded to pull me over.  I am a retired APD Officer, and that was NEVER apart of the rulebook, and unless its changed recently it's not against the law to refuse a checkpoint search.

If it is in fact a new rule, god help us all.

Were you wanted at the time for $500+?

1 minute ago, HomeTrlx said:

IF the checkpoint is manned and you turned around once you saw this, that will give the officer the right to charge you.

So it is a new law?  If I refuse to partake in the checkpoint and choose to find another route, that manned Officer has the right to charge me?  What's the charge?  Please also refer to the APD Guide Book if you can.

1 minute ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

So it is a new law?  If I refuse to partake in the checkpoint and choose to find another route, that manned Officer has the right to charge me?  What's the charge?  Please also refer to the APD Guide Book if you can.

It has be like that for years LOL failure to stop / means avoiding a checkpoint while its being manned.

2 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

It has be like that for years LOL failure to stop / means avoiding a checkpoint while its being manned.

Nonsense and for your reference and OP:

3.5 - Checkpoints    

A)

B)

C)

D)

E)
As an officer you are allowed to man checkpoints (marked blue on the map) anytime you want. This is encouraged because you may catch criminals that may not think officers would be there or unsuspecting civilians transporting illegal items.

A minimum of 2 officers is required to operate a checkpoint. 3 is recommended. At least one officer must be a Constable or higher.

If you are manning a checkpoint and a civilian drives up, have them park between the gates. Explain that they are in a checkpoint and must consent to their vehicle and person being searched if they want to be allowed through the checkpoint. If they decline, you must send them back the way they came.

A civilian denying a search at a checkpoint does NOT give officers probable cause.

If you see a vehicle purposely going around the checkpoint to avoid it, you gain probable cause. If instead they do a 180 and drive back on the road they came in on, you do NOT have probable cause.

3.5.1 - Checkpoint Barriers, Road Cones, Bar Gates          

a)

B)
The usage of Checkpoint placable objects (such as: concrete barriers short & long, road barriers, bar gates, and road cones) shall only be used at designated checkpoints.

It is permissible to use these items to create an ad-hoc checkpoint, however usage of these items in any area outside of checkpoints is prohibited.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
HomeTrlx and Miles like this
2 minutes ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

Ah, I see.  Apparently high ranking officers encouraging me to report Constable Linux for bad gameplay are also mistaken as well.  May want to let them know @HomeTrlx 

OKay mr. I know everything better, WHAT CAN I DO when the "higher" ups are too fucking stupid to read the guidebook???? MHM ?

I found that in the guidbook it just took me like 15secs. 55a7fa3db1d800867bc71c7812cca49f.png

Just now, HomeTrlx said:

OKay mr. I know everything better, WHAT CAN I DO when the "higher" ups are too fucking stupid to read the guidebook???? MHM ?

I found that in the guidbook it just took me like 15secs. 55a7fa3db1d800867bc71c7812cca49f.png

He's saying he did a 180, not go around it from what I understand which means the officer in question did not have probable cause.