Question about Data Bases

Gatorade

Going into my last like 7 or so classes and two of them are a project course inwhich I was thinking about taking Data Basing. I have no idea what Data Basing is / what its about / anything what its like out in the field. If you have any personal experience I would appreciate hearing what you have to say. (the courses are focused on coding usually)

Edited by Sugarfoot

I don't have any experience about databases but i know my web dev course includes data bases, Basically a data base is a server of sort that stores different kinds of information. You can store anything inside a database, a example is the login to a website, when you write in the username and password they are both sent to the database to check if the information is correct then the answer is sent back to you. 

I can tell you tho if you have no experience coding anything out there its not wise to start working on a database unless you have the time to learn everything about them.

Gatorade likes this
13 minutes ago, Sijanec said:

Im taking a course called something like "Building and planing databases" and trust me don't take it. 

We just started with data bases and you are already complaining. STFU it's not that bad

Edit: I just remebered, you have retarded teacher, unlucky.

Edited by Bob Lee
Vito Lee likes this

Databases are used for persistence. Meaning that data is saved between sessions. If you are studying Computer Science you most definitely need to know about building databases. I imagine you will probably learn about relational databases and normalization. If you want to be a programmer, you should take the class!

Edited by Bikstok
Gatorade, BioHazard and Valerios like this
7 hours ago, Churu said:

I don't have any experience about databases but i know my web dev course includes data bases, Basically a data base is a server of sort that stores different kinds of information. You can store anything inside a database, a example is the login to a website, when you write in the username and password they are both sent to the database to check if the information is correct then the answer is sent back to you. 

I can tell you tho if you have no experience coding anything out there its not wise to start working on a database unless you have the time to learn everything about them.

luckily I have a good amount of experience with coding, I just have no idea what languages to expect to work with for data basing

3 hours ago, wilber38 said:

isn't this more a reddit question?

kind of , but when you go to reddit you get the smug ass - "I make 100 thousand dollars a year answer", when you ask a community they usually give you 5 good things to expect and maybe even a link that is useful. Thats all I was really looking for, was maybe a language to brush up on or so 

3 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

kind of , but when you go to reddit you get the smug ass - "I make 100 thousand dollars a year answer", when you ask a community they usually give you 5 good things to expect and maybe even a link that is useful. Thats all I was really looking for, was maybe a language to brush up on or so 

Then you dont use reddit mister.

9 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Going into my last like 7 or so classes and two of them are a project course inwhich I was thinking about taking Data Basing. I have no idea what Data Basing is / what its about / anything what its like out in the field. If you have any personal experience I would appreciate hearing what you have to say. (the courses are focused on coding usually)

Depending on the language you are using you can do different things. You just have to research what is available.

Way back when I used SQLite because the database consists of only a single file, great for small projects. It is also just hosted locally on your own computer. Unless you plan on requiring security or plan on writing a lot of data it is really an excellent option. You may be able to find a couple of plugins for web browsers that will assist you. The library for most languages is either embedded or can be found via a quick google search.

Just do some research around and find whats right for you. 

Gatorade likes this