Howdy

cantilever

OK, those rules seem pretty good.

My first encounter was a cop saying I had 2 hit and runs. I dont recall hitting anyone. Can cops make that stuff up? I paid a $1000 ticket for it. I also was stuck in group chat, so was never able to talk. I did figure out the chat stuff after tho.

I was also worried about talking out of character. I dont want to mess up someone elses experience

Miles, Crossfade and massi like this
13 minutes ago, cantilever said:

OK, those rules seem pretty good.

My first encounter was a cop saying I had 2 hit and runs. I dont recall hitting anyone. Can cops make that stuff up? I paid a $1000 ticket for it. I also was stuck in group chat, so was never able to talk. I did figure out the chat stuff after tho.

I was also worried about talking out of character. I dont want to mess up someone elses experience

99.9% of the cops are reading off what the server gives them.  

A hit and run does mean you possibly hit someone on foot (sometimes desync can cause that).  You can make up an elaborate story for cops next time.  Depending on the officer, they can choose to give you a warning.  Pay attention to the Health, Water, Food and Shield (indicates if you have a bounty) located at the bottom of the screen.  You can pay off any bounties by turning yourself into officers or a courthouse (one in every large city).  you can pay it off either by paying with cash or you can pay by spending time in jail.

Use < and > to find "Direct Chat" to speak within distances of other people.  

Dont worry too much about talking out of character- this is a "light" rp server.  

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

99.9% of the cops are reading off what the server gives them.  

A hit and run does mean you possibly hit someone on foot (sometimes desync can cause that).  You can make up an elaborate story for cops next time.  Depending on the officer, they can choose to give you a warning.  Pay attention to the Health, Water, Food and Shield (indicates if you have a bounty).

Use < and > to find "Direct Chat" to speak within distances of other people.  

Dont worry too much about talking out of character- this is a "light" rp server.  

Thanks,

I did some basics like buy a quad, pick apples and buy food and water. My health did drop a few times. Maybe form hitting trees and walls while driving. Wasnt too sure how to regain health tho. I assume I can buy bandages somewhere.

I got a jury duty notice. I went to the court and only options I had was go to jail or pay fine to turn myself in. So I guess I did hit something. Maybe I'll do a bit more walking for now as I was definitely not intending to harm anyone.

I'm a bit on the older side, I'm married with a kid, so I guess I would be considered a bit on the mature side of my gaming.

I'll be playing a lot this weekend and if any of you wouldnt mind me following you around a bit as I learn the ropes, it would be appreciated.

For now, I'd like to play the game as a legal citizen. 

Miles likes this
17 hours ago, cantilever said:

'll be playing a lot this weekend and if any of you wouldnt mind me following you around a bit as I learn the ropes, it would be appreciated.

For now, I'd like to play the game as a legal citizen. 

If I see you on my server and I remember your name here, I'll help you out.

Have fun and good luck! B)

cantilever likes this

You can pick up first aid kits at any gas station marked on the map also at any general store, however they only heal you to 75%.  You can also find a doctor vendor at any clinic marked on the map to get back to 100%.  You can learn talents to blood bag in the field to return to full health.  

Be sure to read over the talent trees for more information on how to spec out your character.

cantilever likes this

Played a bit more last night. Was driving around Kavala and I thought I heard a cop behind me say to stop. I assumed they werent talking to me, but slowed down anyway. I didnt stop. Next thing I know I was shot and laying on the ground lol. The cop was nice when we spoke and realized it was a mis understanding. So far so good :)

My in game name is Erik if anyone wants to say hi. I can't always use mic but will at least talk via chat.

Are there any weekend events or special places that people gather?

massi likes this
3 hours ago, cantilever said:

Played a bit more last night. Was driving around Kavala and I thought I heard a cop behind me say to stop. I assumed they werent talking to me, but slowed down anyway. I didnt stop. Next thing I know I was shot and laying on the ground lol. The cop was nice when we spoke and realized it was a mis understanding. So far so good :)

My in game name is Erik if anyone wants to say hi. I can't always use mic but will at least talk via chat.

Are there any weekend events or special places that people gather?

Events are random - there will be a system message that will display event details if the admin on the server produces an event.

Otherwise than that you can keep checking the forums for any other events that may happen soon.

Glad you're having a good time.

cantilever likes this

Been on most of tonight. Tried mining for first time, then got killed and robbed at the refinery.

Tried diving for first time, lost my boat, then was robbed after.

Not sure if I just had bad luck, or that kind of thing is to be expected and I should bother mining or diving.

Still having fun tho, slowly picking up on how things go over time.

Again Im Erik on Server 1. Wouldnt mind joining a group or something

On 11/5/2016 at 1:33 AM, cantilever said:

Been on most of tonight. Tried mining for first time, then got killed and robbed at the refinery.

Tried diving for first time, lost my boat, then was robbed after.

Not sure if I just had bad luck, or that kind of thing is to be expected and I should bother mining or diving.

Still having fun tho, slowly picking up on how things go over time.

Again Im Erik on Server 1. Wouldnt mind joining a group or something

You can't really do much unless you're with someone and you've both got a gun. (Rook 9mm works best anywhere near Kavala;))

I suggest joining a gang that is recruiting newer players so you can get that protection and all work together to make some money :)

Anyway, welcome to Asylum and enjoy your stay ;) Should you have any more questions do not hesitate to message me :) 

Edited by BioHazard