Why not add Quad drones for civilians, plan a heist seeing where the Cops are when taking action to there next move on the federal reserve, or maybe a UAV Plane so when you're doing drugs and you have a plane watching people through heat vision trying to take a sneaky step into meth

Or bounty hunters planning to take someone in jail but needs to see how many people are with him.

Just a thought so please no hate needed just an actual opinion on the topic, thanks. 

Xehons likes this
Just now, BioHazard said:

-1 civs can kill people with UAV's and doesn't show the pilot in chat log, so easy for VDM etc. that's why it's limited to SGT+ in the APD

Its limited to Sgts+ because it can tun people invisible if used improperly as well as multiple script restricts.

Edited by HotWings
Just now, BioHazard said:

-1 civs can kill people with UAV's and doesn't show the pilot in chat log, so easy for VDM etc. that's why it's limited to SGT+ in the APD

There's a way to manage to do that with a dev of course, if you use binoculars on the Quad it shows the name of the pilot

Edited by Alex Herrera
Just now, Chris Preuninger said:

There's a risk in doing all of those you don't want it to be to easy and with the trolls on the servers they would save up for it then ram it into a orca or anything big and cost a lot 

Then why not make a UAV expensive?

Also a easy VDM compensation report I think can be acquainted

Just now, HotWings said:

The last thing we need is people purposely using the bug that turns yourself invisible which will 100% happen if the masses got a hold of drones. You cant even use them if you steal them from a cop for that reason.

I only just remembered about that exploit now, would be crazy if civs could do that

Just now, HotWings said:

The last thing we need is people purposely using the bug that turns yourself invisible which will 100% happen if the masses got a hold of drones. You cant even use them if you steal them from a cop for that reason.

Either way if they do abuse the invisible part which I think can be fixed just hasn't been a problem so I don't think it's been looked into people still have to initiate to be able to attack unless in a red zone then it's a rip moment where nothing can happen unless caught.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Civilians literally can't pilot drones. At least not the last time I tried (which was 3 years ago admittedly).

Giving civs thermals likely won't happen either.

Maybe a certain prestige of ranking for a civ to obtain a drone would be cool?

as in a piloting skill of some sort idk

and I got carried away with heat vision that is pretty OP

I personally found it easy but that's because I played campaign eeks dee

Edited by Alex Herrera
Just now, Alex Herrera said:

Maybe a certain prestige of ranking for a civ to obtain a drone would be cool?

as in a piloting skill of some sort idk

I personally found it easy but that's because I played campaign eeks dee

What he is saying is the civ faction, physically cannot use drones.

13 minutes ago, Alex Herrera said:

Why not add Quad drones for civilians, plan a heist seeing where the Cops are when taking action to there next move on the federal reserve, or maybe a UAV Plane so when you're doing drugs and you have a plane watching people through heat vision trying to take a sneaky step into meth

Or bounty hunters planning to take someone in jail but needs to see how many people are with him.

Just a thought so please no hate needed just an actual opinion on the topic, thanks. 

no people are going to use them to vdm helis as there is no way to prove whos drone it is