And now we all know!

6 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I was so pissed when someone said i had to and argued with them for like 7 mins about if i had to say "APD Hands Up Or Be Downed"

As you are giving a lawful order it's important to make clear what your intentions are towards the civilian and what will happen if he/she does not comply with your order.

Its important that we hold our self's to a higher standard than civilians, and to be professional, it's important that we make clear to civilians what will happen if they do not comply, that is why we say to tell them "APD, hands up or be downed", "APD enter the HQ and you will be Downed" etc 

Edited by James.Anderson
George likes this
4 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

As you are giving a lawful order it's important to make clear what your intentions are towards the civilian and what will happen if he/she does not comply with your order.

Its important that we hold our self's to a higher standard than civilians, and to be professional, it's important that we make clear to civilians what will happen if they do not comply, that is why we say to tell them "APD, hands up or be downed", "APD enter the HQ and you will be Downed" etc 

APD hands up or die!!

9 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

I asked DK before and he told me if i have a gun out and clearly am going to shoot them and i say APD Hands Up I can down them

46 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I asked DK before and he told me if i have a gun out and clearly am going to shoot them and i say APD Hands Up I can down them

39 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

You can yes, if you really wish to.

+1

1 minute ago, wollie35 said:

How do you know, ;P or are admins coming into the luitenant channel and be like "who are you daddy's biiiiiiitches"

Well basically he can change server mechanics and admins have to work around it. Therefore dev > all. If I had to create a pecking order on Asylum it would be: Paratus >>>>Gnashes/Bamf>>Admins>Contributor>APD>=civs. APD and civs have no say or power in the way the server is run. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Well basically he can change server mechanics and admins have to work around it. Therefore dev > all. If I had to create a pecking order on Asylum it would be: Paratus >>>>Gnashes/Bamf>>Admins>Contributor>APD>=civs.

Ye i know :D, i was just wondering how you as an non admin knows gnashes goes into admin channels like that, was just messing about :D

3 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

He's a dev now so he's > all admins. When he comes strolling into admin channels he's like, "who's your daddy bitches?". 

Yeah but he's not dealing with player reports, the admins are. I'm quite sure some if not most will disagree with gnashes on this statement. If an admin bans someone for doing this and that player wants to talk to a higher member in the staff, he'd have to talk to a CM, not Gnashes. :P Either way player reports are always really situational and more things come in to play than just the initation phrase.

I do believe you stand a strong case when appealing IF you do get banned by showing the quote from Gnashes.