As an officer and as a citizen I think it'd be nice to have more petty crime going on in the server. The one that comes to mind first is lockpicking, right now there's two ways of getting picks, buying them at Rebel, or getting them from ship excavating, mostly the prior. Anyhow I think it would be cool to be able to buy lockpicks at main towns, as a sort of under the table thing at say the market. They could also cost more than they do at Rebel, like rather than 24 each they cost 50 or 60 each. I'd just like to see more crime than the never ending e-peen war.

1 hour ago, Murmurs said:

Lock picks lead to major crimes easily, like stealing expensive trucks after you rdm the driver for it.

I think it's good as is. If you want to promote lockpicking in towns, go excavate and selling them in the square. Start your own enterprise of petty crime boosting.

Selling excavating passes 20k

44 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Because lock picks are what make large gangs do things?

No. Lockpicks Give regular civs something to do. When i play cop i have no incentive to arrest people for a 5k ticket. They dont deserve it usually, often theyre pardoned and whatnot. Now if these civs had a higher chance o go out and rob people, average citizens would know they need at least a partner to be with them, as risk has increased. More groups will form, gangs will form, Asylum will go closer to what it used to be (average people have/and had opportunities to do stuff and make money), so it'll Be fun again. Not sure how saying server is boring when gangs do nothing and giving regular civs more lockpicks suggests gangs are now the regular civs who will benefit from more lockpicks.

Edited by Kryptonn

I don't agree with this, I like it how it is so far. If everyone could get their hands on lock picks it would just be too easy to steal expensive trucks from everyone. Most people don't dare to even drive anything bigger than a box truck through Kavala or any major city for that matter for fear of it being stolen. 

If you see an expensive truck that you like, you'll have to have been prepared before hand. Such as myself I keep lock picks inside my crate at my house in Kavala, so whenever I see anything I like, it's walking distance for it.

Big Fred likes this

Easier acquisition of Lockpicks isn't the entire goal behind this post. As I said I think it would be nice to have more petty crime seen in the average citizen, not large gangs. Maybe a new player will try stealing a car rather than blowing all his money on a rook, heck new players don't even know lockpicks exist half the time. And a lot of them can't afford a rebel license/ dont know or care about excavating and it makes lockpicks almost wholly unavailable to some people. 

Wouldn't it be better to get in more car chases, and steal more cars. Instead of just getting pistol banged all day?

7 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

Having said that though, I like Miss Evo's suggestions.

Maybe add a market for lockpicks at the drug dealers. Them guys are shady enough.

Just cuts down on people mass buying at kavala. Yes, you can buy them. No, you can't buy an unlimited amount.

Also needs to sell for same price as rebel one so can't be epxloited.

Edited by Miss Evo