In the case that an officer is outnumbered and being fired upon with no back-up, he should be allowed to deputization civilians and give them mid range weapons to aid him in his cause to defeat evil. That is actually possible, and seeing has how is a "real life" role play, why not institute it? Deputization should only last 10-15 minutes and the weapons despawn after that period. 

This would unfortunately be far too difficult to implement, in my opinion, considering the potential abuse and the guidelines that restrict police equipment from getting into civilian possession. If you want to help the police, you should run the same risk of losing gear/ items just as anyone else. If you're willing to purchase a rook and risk losing whatever you have to help the cops, so be it. If not, so be it. Carry on with whatever you were doing. 

29 minutes ago, Sojobo said:

We can deputise already - we just can't equip them, that's on them.

This.

I remember on server 5 i used to have bounty hunters helping me with the fed and prison because i was the only cop online. They made for great cannon fodder. It was cool for both sides though, another element to the game play.