Rotorlib Hotdrop?

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

Is a heavier orca better to handle? I seriously have no clue how to do this ._.

Can't even find any videos on learning it.. it's all just bleh

Personal preference honestly. But you can feel orca or any other heli actually being way heavier, so typical hotdrop which would work when you're flying solo wouldn't work on full heli.

Jessie Slaughter and Patrick like this
Just now, Midamaru said:

That's what i am wondering, if you fully master rotorlib. 

It does actually give you the possibility to land harder/riskier right?

In that case i won't mind practicing ^^

Yes you have more space to work with in rotorlib, you can pull maneuvers which you couldn't pull on standard, but of course with more risk included. Unfortunately until Bohemia will fix the way keyboard handles spool up(forgot the real name of the process lol) and spool downs (forgot the real name of the process lol), it's gonna be 10x harder than using a joystick. Cause currently on keyboard when u press a button to use more power in a spool up or less power, the action gets delayed by almost a second, on joystick it's instant.

I had made a video a year ago, when asylum was forcing rotorlib. From literally now knowing how to fly rotorlib and putting couple hours of practice, this is what I managed to come up with.

Obviously wasn't hotdrops or having full heli flying, but I remember doing hot drops on hummingbirds for marauders when rotorlib was forced. (they obviously werent as good as standard model hot drops, but at least it was something, considering the fact when they forced rotorlib, I was the only reason marauders were still doing those drops, while the rest used cars :ph34r:)

Edited by Pentax
1 hour ago, Pentax said:

Btw with that landing if you had people on asylum, and landed that hard, all of them prolly would be sitting at like 20hp left, or maybe even dead.

Haha i know, i'm not trying to show off anything at all.

Out of like 100 attempts i finally survived a drop.. like i said thats my best attempt so far and it's still horrible!

There is a collective down/up change to control the rate of thrust in a manner of precision .   Ive only seen about 3 pilots who can hot land and fly like a beast with rotorlib.   Orcas handle weird compared to other choppers in rotor lib.   (2 of the 3 pilots , played in mill sim groups).

• 1 month later...