Bring optional loadouts back yo

Yes  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Bring optional sting loadouts back

9 hours ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

Oh here we go, we got a special snowflake!!!

Why the hell would anyone buy a sting when it´s weaker than the w/e weapon we have now as a standard? I just want it for the looks.

That's like saying that you should buy a trashy car with 3 wheels instead of trading it with your new mercedes benz. Don't be a moron.

You're probably so new you didn't even know that stings were the standard loadout back in the day did you?

The Sting should become one of the standard load outs again. I thoroughly dislike the mk20 we have right now.

Edited by Atmosphere
BioHazard and Emma like this
7 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

Oh here we go, we got a special snowflake!!!

Why the hell would anyone buy a sting when it´s weaker than the w/e weapon we have now as a standard? I just want it for the looks.

That's like saying that you should buy a trashy car with 3 wheels instead of trading it with your new mercedes benz. Don't be a moron.

You're probably so new you didn't even know that stings were the standard loadout back in the day did you?

The Sting should become one of the standard load outs again. I thoroughly dislike the mk20 we have right now.

I remember when cadets had mere PO7s.

I must be a special little snowflake to know not to go straight to ad hominem and show complete immaturity as an APD member.

The Sting is not just less powerful, it's under-powered. That is why we were given Mk20s as a standard. We tested it. 9mm takes more than 20 rounds into a carrier lite to DOWN. That's 50 health. Considering that we have to deal with rebels with 7.62s playing the peak shooting game at constant priority events we need a viable standard weapon. By all means if you want a Sting for rolling in the city and combating pistolbangers then buy a Sting. It's very cheap in the cop shop and everyone knows cops make plenty of money. If everyone can buy MX rifles every load out and still profit, there is no reason to assume you can't get a Sting.

huskymatt, Emma and BioHazard like this
5 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

I literally arrested 2 people in the past 6 months, I make no money at all on cop because in early EU no other cop plays that arrests people. That's why stings can be OPTIONAL. Do you know the meaning of "OPTIONAL"? Not everyone takes the sting, only the people what want to use it instead.

There's plenty reasons besides not wanting to pay for a sting each time to want it as a loadout.

Literally no downsides to this. Though there's no reason for any cop to buy a weaker gun like you suggested besides for the joy of a salty civ/rebel.

I honestly think there should be choices, Sting 9mm load out, MK20 loadout, or possibly a TRG loadout. Scopes should have to be purchased along with ammunition, honestly that would be a good trade off as right when I spawn, I rework my inventory and pretty much rebuy ammunition and FAKs. Nothing overpowered really, people will still buy the MX rifles. But the 5.56 is reasonable and the Sting is really good in the hell hole known as Kavala

+1

Patrick James

Atmosphere likes this

Atmosphere, make a Forum post regarding this, make it a poll as well with options including leave the system as it. Adding loadout slots, as in you can choose what weapon to spawn with but are required to purchase the necessary ammunition and scope, or the worse option, making the Sting 9mm the new(old) loadout weapon. I am honestly all for being able to choose what to spawn with but having to purchase ammunition and scope is a good trade off for the scope. Remember to ensure that the only loadout guns will be the TRG, MK20, or Sting. The MX rifles will still have to be purchased.

9 minutes ago, Addon said:

Let cops have an MX for standard load out again in my opinion. LT+ still has to purchase MK-1. Seems fair to me I'm unsure why we had that taken out in the first place. 

It was a balancing act, in this case, let's try to provide an argument that asks for a little bit of a push in the right direction. Honestly, if they want to balance this, make the person have to buy the ammunition and scope if this will become the standard load out again. I'm all for it, I love the MX as it's a combination of my favorite real life guns. I'm just to much of a tight ass to buy it each life though

BioHazard likes this
10 minutes ago, Addon said:

Let cops have an MX for standard load out again in my opinion. LT+ still has to purchase MK-1. Seems fair to me I'm unsure why we had that taken out in the first place. 

because cops would come back like 20 times with MXs and wouldn't care about dying, now the ones with the MXs actually care, and the ones with the mk20s are pretty much useless

My opinion is the same as everyone else's.

The MK20C is a overall better weapon in every case.

Yes, the sting might be better at extreme close combat, but the mk20 is way more powerful (I.E. less bullets for the kavala trolls)

you were a cadet once, did you like sniping the prison with a sting?

Just now, wr4thx said:

I couldn't care less about any sniping or fighting, all I care about is how good the sting looks. Why should I pay for it if it degrades your ability to fight is all I'm saying. I enjoy the looks of the sting, I'm the fashion police. I almost never fight.

Some people also prefer CQC instead of sniping with a 5.56 since they're pretty much just as useless for it.

Because you like the mk20 more means you wont allow others to use the sting? It's not like everyone will start using it, probably like 5 people only.

5 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

I couldn't care less about any sniping or fighting, all I care about is how good the sting looks. Why should I pay for it if it degrades your ability to fight is all I'm saying. I enjoy the looks of the sting, I'm the fashion police. I almost never fight.

Some people also prefer CQC instead of sniping with a 5.56 since they're pretty much just as useless for it.

Because you like the mk20 more means you wont allow others to use the sting? It's not like everyone will start using it, probably like 5 people only.

Don't think paratus will code it just so you alone can use a Sting as a fasion statement :)

Maybe if you find some more people to justify the time you know. For now you will have to buy it like the rest of us plebs.

Atmosphere likes this
7 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I was playing on server 5 yesterday Ghost of Dawn was shooting me maybe 30 seconds with the Sting before I got downed lol @Atmosphere Bohemia kinda ruined it. It still works fine for pistol bangers with no armor though.

Yeah I know, but besides pistol bangers I don't really fight anyone, I just roll around and pretend to be the fashion police. So I don't really care whether the Sting does 4 damage or 0,04 damage per bullet