Cops watching and waiting?

Me and 3 other guys went to prygos to get rdy for turtle hunting. 2 cops was bored just hanging around doing nothing really. We ran into some problems while hunting people dying from the sdv etc... So we was out there for bout a hour roughly.Right when I walk in the place to sell my turtle meat a cop comes around the corner and arrests me. Are cops allowed to just sit by illegal places and wait for people to show up? I know he didn't just happen to patrol by right when I run inside to sell.

Keep in mind, it's very possible for a cop to just be simply be driving by as they head to ephedra or they even could have seen you roll up in your boat, its not right to jump to conclusions but overall yes, as stated in the guidebook the max time a cop is supposed to sit within an illegal area is 2 minutes, and after the cops leave said area, they're not supposed to come back until twenty minutes are up.

Heidelberg likes this

@Sean That Irish Guy Ok like wat u mean more to the story? I'm asking a question I'm not reporting the cops. We got away since the server reset and the gov pardoned me. I still sold my turtle meat and had my gun so I was still happy at the end lol.  @patrick ok so its different then the normal illegal area does that mean they can camp it? Or u mean like if they just happened to see us running from the water and they ran over to get me in the store. I'm here to learn not report cops so plz all cops don't get offended..

No one hangs around anywhere for an hour, sounds a lot more likely that they saw you running up to wongs from the clinic or the road to ephedra.. unless of course you pinged - if you already had a bounty then theres a chance you can set off an alert for cops to see your location, including transacting with a drug dealer.

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

@Patrick JamesJames I kinda hope servers to find new people to play with. Still kinda new imo to asylum. I try to never do illegal stuff cuz it seems I always get caught lol..  No lie I have yet to do illegal and not see a cop lol.. 

It's all about hiding and situational awareness... You'll learn the patterns of the police, the times that the brunt of the force is on duty, the places they check, when they check them. Getting caught sucks, but there are multiple ways out of getting caught that you need to explore as well.

My problem is my first reaction is to raise hands when I see a cop not shoot them down lol.  I need to shoot so I don't get caught. Sorry to ask another question but I'm curious Is a cop allowed to come back to the location if a call was made? As in a snitch calls cops.

Also bear in mind, the cops can be sneakier than you might realize. For instance, flying high above you while you're doing illegal activities and directing ground units to your location. So it's entirely possible air patrol saw you on your way back from the turtle area and had ground units set up to get you at Wong's Food Court.

And yeah, if a cop gets a tip from an informant, they are very likely to check it out. But it of course depends on the specific situation and credibility of the tip.