Posibility of another aussie server?

YEAH, bye bye Stratis welcome Aussie. But since there are a lot of problems with 1 server and because it's still in Beta i think 1 server is enough for now.

Like @epTic said: Everyone wants to test things out, want to know if its fun or not so in 1 or 2 weeks the population will go down.

Edited by NotSoNutty
34 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

I just miss mk18 And miss all my money $$$

thats one of the reasons im not playing on it  for now that is and the other is that i don't like the map by map i mean the land makers for stuff is to close to other stuff its like playing on  stratis but on a bigger map

Edited by kevincllz
12 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I'm curious to see how the population will go.  Server 6 has a lot of flaws, when the hype is gone i'm curious if they will manage to keep the population.  Not bashing server 6, I got on today and it was fun but I do think Altis is better, just wish Altis had mods without the gameplay changes that Australia had. 

Yeah man altis with the mods would mean decent fps and new content.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
10 hours ago, Vash said:

It's understandable though. If they were to keep the current economy, there wouldn't be a reason for people to play, besides fighting the cops and other gangs.

I can understand that, but I would rather have kept my talents and money, not all of us are capped.

(Too lazy to get anywhere near cap):kappa:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 4:32 PM, TwinCities said:

Probably the asylum population will split heavily between the 2 mods (altis and aussie) for those who like more combat and sniping will be altis, for those that like more rp and cqc will be aussie, but for sure,  we need to wait a couple weeks for this to stabilise 

Those who like RP? Nah, too many of the dickier gangs have jumped over and trying to rp is harder on S6 than it is on S3 or S4. I hope that changes, as the mods could allow some really awesome rp stuff.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
On 3/6/2016 at 4:21 PM, kevincllz said:

thats one of the reasons im not playing on it  for now that is and the other is that i don't like the map by map i mean the land makers for stuff is to close to other stuff its like playing on  stratis but on a bigger map

Everything is actually pretty far apart, have you actually logged on?  Not all devs set up the map the same.

Honestly, I'm curious as to what people have against s6. Of course, there are bugs. But I've been playing Asylum since....too long. And Server 6 is a refreshing new taste of Asylum. They took out the long range 800m snipefests for the most part, got rid of the orca/ifrit hotdrop issue. The fighting on s6 is so much more skill based. The map is more spread out so the police aren't able to just hop from red-zone to red-zone every 10 minutes with a single patrol squad. Not to mention all the sick modded clothes/guns/cars/planes. The list could go on. 

HotWings likes this
6 minutes ago, J9R9MY said:

Honestly, I'm curious as to what people have against s6. Of course, there are bugs. But I've been playing Asylum since....too long. And Server 6 is a refreshing new taste of Asylum. They took out the long range 800m snipefests for the most part, got rid of the orca/ifrit hotdrop issue. The fighting on s6 is so much more skill based. The map is more spread out so the police aren't able to just hop from red-zone to red-zone every 10 minutes with a single patrol squad. Not to mention all the sick modded clothes/guns/cars/planes. The list could go on. 

The orca and ifrit makes sense but mastering ranged fights was too fun.....

10 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

The orca and ifrit makes sense but mastering ranged fights was too fun.....

I agree, it's a fun aspect of the game. You know me. But in Aussie it really isn't needed. They're whatever on Altis, but removing them for this new server where people get a fresh start on everything from banks to houses, was a fabulous idea. Sniping in a life server, even a life server geared towards combat, just never seemed right. 

12 minutes ago, J9R9MY said:

Mainly, no kind of scope turns it into a third person game and gives a huge advantage to people who just turn their gun to full auto and hope for the best.  The map being so spread out is also a very bad thing, gathering money takes much longer and is a pain in the ass when you are also working for your talent points, the orca I do not miss but there is nothing wrong with the ifrit, the map itself looks like shit at times with how bad the trees and mountains look.  It's not that server six is bad but it's not something I will actually play seriously, more of a server to fuck around on.  

Granted, server 6 is similar to server 5 in which some people love it and some people hate.  Boils down to preference I suppose.

17 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Mainly, no kind of scope turns it into a third person game and gives a huge advantage to people who just turn their gun to full auto and hope for the best.  The map being so spread out is also a very bad thing, gathering money takes much longer and is a pain in the ass when you are also working for your talent points, the orca I do not miss but there is nothing wrong with the ifrit, the map itself looks like shit at times with how bad the trees and mountains look.  It's not that server six is bad but it's not something I will actually play seriously, more of a server to fuck around on.  

Granted, server 6 is similar to server 5 in which some people love it and some people hate.  Boils down to preference I suppose.

I understand where you're coming from. Some good points. I don't see a problem with the map size, I like how open it is. At first it seemed like too much, but realistically a 5 minute drive in a buggy will get you almost anywhere important. I do agree, though. Some of the bushes/trees are kinda blocky from far out. I feel like since you have to go a bit further out of the way to make money, it keeps the value of your life in-tact. Everyone works harder on Server 6 to make money, and everyone is on a bit more of an even playing field at this point. People in Server 6, at least for me so far, are MUCH more willing to RP and hang out in the drug fields or group up and be friends. The cops aren't doing the same mundane checking of the saaame exact drug fields and DP's, hence more of a 'vanilla' fight that isn't tainted by the usual metagame spots that people pick at every single potential fighting location on Altis (certain hills/buildings/etc). So when you get into a fight on Aussie, it's something new. I know that's specifically the map, not Asylum being any better on s6, but That's a reason I enjoy it.  

EDIT: Would also enjoy Altis with mods, that's for sure. 

Edited by J9R9MY