Cruise Control Essay.

Tyrone Darnell

Cruise control

Tyrone Darnell

11/3/21/

P.7

Cruise control in Arma 3 altis life asylum server 1, what is it? When you press custom control 5 it would normally do nothing while in a car, but while you are running, it would cause you to automatically run straight forward, people would normally use it to run and sort their inventory at the same time, but in this case after days, weeks, months, and maybe even years of coding, Henry Arnold adds the most important feature in altis life asylum.

What is cruise control exactly? How does this affect the average asylum player? Well if you do a quick google search, on the most reliable source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_control it states. “Cruise control (also known as speed control, cruise command, autocruise, or tempo mat) is a system that automatically controls the speed of a motor vehicle. The system is a servomechanism that takes over the throttle of the car to maintain a steady speed as set by the driver.” just by reading this small explanation you can see, by just pressing custom control 5 your vehicle will start cruising at a certain speed by itself. How is this important? Some may ask, well now when you have to sort your inventory you can press custom control 5 and your car will start driving on its own. How amazing is that right? Now how does one stop the cruise control when they are done using it? In this post “Hotfix #6” by  Gen. Henry Arnold you can see it talks about cruise control obviously, but as you can see towards the end of the first sentence, it clearly states, ”brake to disable.”

Who coded this amazing feature? Gen. Henry Arnold, like I stated in the first paragraph, probably took him years to code, some may say he started coding this feature before Arma 3 was even created. Now, was he paid for this hard work? No. All of this coding, hard work, dedication, time, sweat, tears was all in his “free time. ”Which he obviously enjoyed, I'm glad to see he put all this time and effort into a feature that is completely useless and didn't get paid, and not only did he not get paid, he has to deal with fat losers, mouth breathers, neck bearded retard screaming at him  and other devs for not adding what they wanted.(Domination)

All in all, yes coding the feature was worth the time and the money.  Once you press custom control 5 your car automatically drives at the speed limit while you sort your inventory. I don't know what else to say for this final paragraph.

@Dillon Hopefully my essay will persuade your opinion  on cruise control, and how amazing it is!

shawn, MacKOG, jsh and 9 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...