Guidebook

1 minute ago, 王 rando 王 said:

wait does captains pulling ifrits for every constable and cadet on the server to swarm every fed event not sound like loads of fun to you?

Police buffs these days are not for balance anymore. It's to attract more people to play in the APD and for their "morale". I have held the opinion that police are kind of op now and that is thanks to the few gangs that absolutely decimated police. Those gangs aren't really around anymore though for a reason or two.

Djmon, Xex and Innate like this
7 hours ago, Defragments said:

Is this relevant anymore then?

Since this is now a thing

What is "discretion" and "alternative methods" going to mean in practice? It's going to boil down to not being bound to the guidebook again essentially, no?

The idea is that the Civ needs to do something for a captain to step in, Where as previously it was that the captain can just do what they want when they want to. Things like an incredibly toxic civ can go straight to jail, not sending cops to a 4v15 bank in order to keep our officers on the server and enjoying their time.

As of right now it only applies to the active seating captains so myself, Hunter, Innate and Djmon and all of our actions can be checked by the SAs where as prior captains were unchecked by anyone but the owner.

Kernikov, HunterB and Djmon like this
4 hours ago, Defragments said:

Police buffs these days are not for balance anymore. It's to attract more people to play in the APD and for their "morale". I have held the opinion that police are kind of op now and that is thanks to the few gangs that absolutely decimated police. Those gangs aren't really around anymore though for a reason or two.

bro it was sarcasm