Counterfeit Cash

Sleeper Don

Counterfeit Cash

Money Printer Go Brr Jerome Powell GIF - Money Printer Go Brr Jerome Powell  Cash - Discover & Share GIFs

My Idea:

Counterfeit money refers to a fraudulent currency that has been illegally replicated to imitate genuine banknotes. The downside to counterfeit cash is it cannot be directly deposited into banks due to rigorous authentication processes. To introduce fake money into circulation, criminals resort to a mix of legal and illicit transactions such as purchasing drugs, weapons, and other illegal commodities, which is why they frequently carry significant amounts of cash to facilitate this process.

My suggestion would be to have these bills as unstorable and unbankable Y inventory that may be used to pay for whatever you’d like at rebel, drug dealers, or gang turfs (maybe even anywhere on the map). Not too sure how balancing would work though… Either a 1:1 ratio between dollar and counterfeit or have counterfeit bills be worth half meaning a $3,000 tac vest would require 6,000 counterfeit bills at rebel.

Adding Counterfeit notes will mainly benefit intermediate & expert level players. 

For our intermediate players counterfeit cash will be an illegal item that can be created through either the black market or a new illegal area called "Forgery" 

For our expert-level players (Cartel Fighters) there could possibly be a counterfeit cartel or gang turf that produces a set amount of counterfeit bills and players collect from a flag similar to oil cartel.

How it is made: 

1. Counterfeit Cash productionCreating counterfeit banknotes typically requires a combination of specialized skills, equipment, and materials. The two main ingredients of creating basic counterfeit are specialized paper and inks and dyes. The Ink will be made from processed oil. (Legitimate money uses a blend of cotton and linens but luckily we don't need to  implement two new items because... ) Counterfeit money typically uses hardwood-based paper meaning our counterfeit bills will use hardwood planks.   

2. Counterfeit Cartel or gang turf (maybe):  Produces a set amount of counterfeit bills and players collect from flag similar to oil cartel. It would help naturally circulate these bills into the economy.

MONEY MAKING ASPECT

Again... not sure how to balance this bcz I have no dev experience or concept of the economy so I leave this for you to alter as much as you please... 

If counterfeit bills  were a 1:1 ratio with dollar bills i would suggest:

1 hardwood plank=$280(weight 3) 

1 processed oil= $210 (weight 2)

2 processed oil + 1 hardwood plank (weight 5) will create 1,400 or 1,500 counterfeit cash

(roughly26,600 or 28.500 a full backpack) Value of items is basically doubled for risk of not being able to store in bank.

Justification:

Incorporating a cash-carrying mechanic in gameplay can heighten the risk-reward dynamic, and enhances the satisfaction after a gunfight. Requiring players to physically carry cash earned adds an extra layer of strategic decision-making, as they must weigh the potential gains against the threat of losing their hard-earned resources upon defeat. This dynamic injects a palpable sense of tension into encounters, fostering a deeper emotional investment and a genuine feeling of accomplishment when emerging victorious similar to the Tarkov experience.  If we craft this at black markets it would also generate more traffic in West Kavala rebel. Which may help players transition easier between legal to illegal money-making methods. Collect legal items like wood and oil to get cash to buy rebel gear.

william likes this
11 hours ago, Sleeper Don said:

2. Counterfeit Cartel or gang turf (maybe):  Produces a set amount of counterfeit bills and players collect from flag similar to oil cartel. It would help naturally circulate these bills into the economy

This was already a thing years ago and got removed, with the new system I don’t think this will be added as the new system is much easier. 

and if it’s unstorable or unbankable, what’s the point of it? Assuming you drop it when you die as it’s a Y item, it seems redundant to spawn, do a run of cash, and then do what you actually want to do. Especially if it’s worth half the price of regular money, I don’t think it would be used often if at all

Sleeper Don likes this
43 minutes ago, GravL said:

And if it’s unstorable or unbankable, what’s the point of it? Assuming you drop it when you die as it’s a Y item, it seems redundant to spawn, do a run of cash, and then do what you actually want to do. Especially if it’s worth half the price of regular money, I don’t think it would be used often if at all

I was thinking after a run you could buy vehicles or weapons in bulk at rebel then store or also do a large money run to buy expensive rebel items (explosives and arson kits). Maybe even buy then sell vehicles or these high value items at asylum exchange. Another option that would make less money but be less risky would be simply buying then selling vehicles back to rebel garge to convert counterfeit to quick depositable cash.

I do agree with you though. Having it valued at half would probably make it useless or rarely used. 

Honestly the hope is to have more risky and rewarding fights where people can't simply deposit money after selling or store their drugs in a house. A lot of money making methods feel pretty safe especially with a house near by, but this would definitely be one of the riskiest money making method that forces players to actually carry money around with them over long distances with a chance of getting robbed otw to rebel or even at rebel or wherever they want to spend their counterfeit bills.

Appreciate the feedback❤️

Edited by Sleeper Don
GravL likes this
13 hours ago, manhua said:

What is the difference between this and Bitcoin?

Bitcoin wasn't a Y inventory item that you could lose or rob from others.  Basically this forces player to carry cash again so you can rob or kill and actually make decent money. When you kill someone nowadays you get a $5k bounty and couple redgulls as a reward. I would like more rewards for killing.

Thanks for reading❤ @manhua

Edited by Sleeper Don
59 minutes ago, Sleeper Don said:

Bitcoin wasn't a Y inventory item that you could lose or rob from others.  Basically this forces player to carry cash again so you can rob or kill and actually make decent money. When you kill someone nowadays you get a $5k bounty and couple redgulls as a reward. I would like more rewards for killing.

Thanks for reading❤ @manhua

But who would use this over regular money? Unless you’re forced to at rebel. Then it’ll just invite more rebel camping 

Ronald and GravL like this

I feel like what you’re going for here is a secondary currency (obviously), but blood money is also a thing already. It’s not a bad idea to mix run-based money with something like that, but it’s also very hard to. Some could argue blood money isn’t useful, they never have enough to afford anything useful. And that’s perfectly okay, they’re not fighters. But some (more tbh) people could also argue that if you want to do runs for money, it wouldn’t be worth the time and effort to add a new system when it’s likely your play style doesn’t require potentially constant big purchases, such as multiple orcas, ifrits, vests, etc. the normal money making methods and currency are more than enough to keep you satisfied. My best guess is blood money was added to reduce the money spent by fighters, giving them the option to use another currency that is also gained basically passively. After all, when you get on and purely go for fights, money can drain VERY fast. “Normal” players really have no need for that secondary option. 

Edited by GravL
Sleeper Don likes this
1 hour ago, GravL said:

I feel like what you’re going for here is a secondary currency (obviously), but blood money is also a thing already. It’s not a bad idea to mix run-based money with something like that, but it’s also very hard to. Some could argue blood money isn’t useful, they never have enough to afford anything useful. And that’s perfectly okay, they’re not fighters. But some (more tbh) people could also argue that if you want to do runs for money, it wouldn’t be worth the time and effort to add a new system when it’s likely your play style doesn’t require potentially constant big purchases, such as multiple orcas, ifrits, vests, etc. the normal money making methods and currency are more than enough to keep you satisfied. My best guess is blood money was added to reduce the money spent by fighters, giving them the option to use another currency that is also gained basically passively. After all, when you get on and purely go for fights, money can drain VERY fast. “Normal” players really have no need for that secondary option. 

This. But as I fighter I never spend blood money 

GravL likes this
14 hours ago, GravL said:

Thanks for your thoughtful explanation and honestly very fair points.