Can we please revert the Y Inventory. I feel like I am playing fucking Minecraft while in a fight. You die and your shit spreads within a 15m radius. You die on top of bank and rip any chance of getting your shit back because the floor eats it. While fighting cartels after a few people die we started playing pass the defib. Maybe make it so you can execute next to drug dealers, ATM's, and Wong's?

Scott, Spencer, DreamC and 10 others like this

Or just make it so Y-inv only drops when you execute.  I agree Y-inv is horrible, if you're in a building and die, it's gone.  And the fact it spreads all over the place now, if you die near a building chances are some of it will go under that damn building now.  I'm fine with it spreading out as long as it only drops when you get executed, and when you respawn/timer runs out.

Edited by Enclave
28 minutes ago, Enclave said:

Or just make it so Y-inv only drops when you execute.  I agree Y-inv is horrible, if you're in a building and die, it's gone.  And the fact it spreads all over the place now, if you die near a building chances are some of it will go under that damn building now.  I'm fine with it spreading out as long as it only drops when you get executed.

That actually would be sick, but you would need to be able to execute within a city..

12 minutes ago, Overly Aggressive iFox said:

Am I the only one that actually likes the way it is?  Incentive not to die, and if you do, pick your stuff up tactically. 

I think a 30k loadouts is enough incentive not to die my friend. It is just aids to pick up your shit. Maybe if it was all in a stack like it used to be.

1 minute ago, Parker said:

I think a 30k loadouts is enough incentive not to die my friend. It is just aids to pick up your shit. Maybe if it was all in a stack like it used to be.

Idk I had to tactically pick my Y up last night a few times at cartels. It brings another element to the game I feel.  I had to selectively choose what was worth risking another death to try and recover.  Smokes helped a lot, but I actually thought it was a decent implementation. And I was on the bad end of it. 

Edited by Overly Aggressive iFox
3 hours ago, David Ortega said:

That actually would be sick, but you would need to be able to execute within a city..

Well not necessarily, all they would need to do is have Y-inv drop when they respawn, and when their timer runs out in addition to it dropping when executed.  If someone really wants what's in their Y-inv they can wait until he respawns to get it..  Or even have a longer execution timer when in cities, I'm sure there are plenty of ways this could be implemented.  Currently however, the systems sucks.

Edited by Enclave
David Ortega likes this

Yes please. I believe Paratus broke it and can't fix it so they are passing it on as a 'feature'.

Not sure how it went from working perfectly, to not working at all when S6 came out, and now they can't return back to how it used to work. Most developed server sure, but one of the worst death systems. It can be made so much better but eh.

Edited by Haych
Akula and Big Bird like this
On Thursday, April 07, 2016 at 0:54 PM, Overly Aggressive iFox said:

Am I the only one that actually likes the way it is?  Incentive not to die, and if you do, pick your stuff up tactically. 

NO ONE wants to die we do not need "incentive not to die" and yes I think that you are the only one that I know that likes it dropping everywhere and it being terribly hard to see/find/pickup. (Yes I know about the custom control)

Edited by TeamFrizzy

+1 

Suggestion- No need to make things more complicated for the developer to implement new ways to make the y inventory drop just simply make it drop the way it did dropping upon death is fine just make it so it does not scatter. No reason why it should have been changed in the first place and also how come cops do not have to circle around like idiots to pick up y inventory and only rebels/civs do if you are going to implement things like this at least make it fair for everyone.

@Budbringer because you or (someone) locked the thread before I could reply 

"How is it ballanced that you get killed and just stand up with no effect and continue fighting"

The same way police can.......also it is a game.......also the same way we are able to get revived in the first place.....there is a 75 hp moving restriction/debuff so there is an affect.....

Edited by TeamFrizzy